avelanch

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

27 minutes ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Check back in this thread say... between pages 300 and 1000.  Non-stop disparaging and ridiculing by him, the frog, and their usual 2-3 other Jake-mocking buddies that polluted this thread daily, calling anyone with patience "blind fanboys" and such.  And as if we didn't KNOW he'd come back with "Oh, I knew he had it in him, I've always been a fan."  The block feature is what's made this thread bearable the past 5 years. 

Good on ya Jake, shove that crow right down their pieholes.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for pointing out flaws in a players game but he made it feel like Jake stole his girl or something.....

p.s I can't block anyone I feel everyone should hear my ramblings and if I blocked everyone that didn't like my opinion .....this would a very lonely forum lol

• Like 1

On 11/2/2019 at 11:58 PM, N4ZZY said:

two point night for Jake against the Sharks. Good on him! 

I think he's going to have a great year ahead. Super happy for him, and I hope he keeps playing well with Horvat. 

He's on pace for 41 points this year, and I hope he keeps it up :) 

Jyn-Cassian-Gif-Rebellions-Are-Built-On-

2 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

play in a similar mold of Tkachuk (with less turtling)

These guys play with less turtling than Tkachuk

s-l300.jpgreverse-1276510242_turtle-helps-friend.g

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Fun note for those invoking the MT comparison (and they are totally different players - on many levels).

MT - 22 years old, season to date average ice time 18:11.......15 goals

JV - 23 years old, season to date average ice time 12:38 .......14 goals 

Things that make you go hmmmmmm   :)

Why does that make you go hmmmmm? 

If Jake's ceiling is a fringe 2nd liner and a great 3rd line winger for the rest of his career, I'd consider that a success.  Right now he's playing like he belongs in the top 6.  

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

One guy gets lauded as franchise player and the other as a guy who would never amount to a real NHL player.    That makes someone go hmmmmm. 

Well there’s more to playing than simple scoring goals. Tkachuk leads his team in points with 38, a pretty important stat you just so conveniently left out. As a canes fan you must think Jake is more valuable than taravinen as he only has 9 goals. (Shhh we won’t mention that he got 45 points). you must have also thought Henrik Sedin was garage his career goal average was only 14 goals per 82 games. Jake already tied that in 49 games this year. 

the only people going hmm are the ones that struggle to understand hockey. Let’s face it. You are only making that statement because you made the bold claim that tkachuk wouldn’t be in the NHL by his fourth year and now he’s got a career .77 p/gp and is on his way to the all star game. Haha

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Given there are 31 top lines in the NHL by definition, Jake is tied for 22nd overall RW for goals and 28th overall for points putting him as a fringe first liner for a bottom of the league team...not bad.

ahh the old 31 teams claim haha come one rob that’s grade one level logic. You’re better than that. I guess that means Aaron dell is a #1 goalie too. 

welcome back rob. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Check back in this thread say... between pages 300 and 1000.  Non-stop disparaging and ridiculing by him, the frog, and their usual 2-3 other Jake-mocking buddies that polluted this thread daily, calling anyone with patience "blind fanboys" and such.  And as if we didn't KNOW he'd come back with "Oh, I knew he had it in him, I've always been a fan."  The block feature is what's made this thread bearable the past 5 years. 

Good on ya Jake, shove that crow right down their pieholes.

[removed]

Edited by StealthNuck
Please don't call people snowflakes.

4 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

Come on 5th. We all know you were griping about a heck of a lot more than a lack of effort. 

You can’t move the goalposts now that he’s successful as if you always knew he had what it takes if he’d just apply himself...that’s just a load of poop.

6th overall pick who I suggested didn't have the hockey sense to live up to his draft position is finally scoring at over a 30 point pace 240 games in to his career.  Wow I was just dead wrong.  If he wasn't showing up to camp looking like he was, floating around and if I didn't receive so much backlash for the opinion in the first place maybe I would of handled things differently.  

I've already said multiple times.  He has exceeded my expectations, I am enjoying watching his and the teams progression.  What more do you want? 

Listen, I don't have Twitter, or instagram or whatever else there is to personally attack players so if you guys wanna play police go police those websites.  

3 hours ago, Chicken. said:

I also am impressed with his durability... played all 49 games this year. I am glad I told myself to reserve judgment until midway through the season as to his fitness levels.

I am going to throw out a hometown discount deal for 4 years at $3.5M

Best money ever spent.  Ferland but actually playing lol.

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Because many centres play wing, you'll find that NHL forwards are not equally distributed among all three forward positions. I find a more accurate measure of 1st liner (as per offensive numbers) would be to look at the top 93 forwards. I also think points-per-game is a better metric than overall points, since missed games can unfairly hurt a player, though of course you have to set a reasonable minimum games, lest you have players with 1 or 2 games at the top of the list.

Setting the minimum games at 23 games, Jake's points-per-game of 0.57 sits him at about 140th among all forwards, which would place him at right about dead average for a 2nd line forward, which I think is a more realistic representation of his offense, but still very positive.

Ya, I don't have a problem with that at all.   Further, it has never been all about points (for me at least) with this player.  I think he can be something special on a playoff team - a true difference maker.   Guys that can skate like he can and be a physical presence are rare and if they can gift you 20ish goals and 40ish points - they are as good as anything short of a top 20 scorer in my books.  The way that Jake has played since November for Vancouver would have him on the first or second line on roughly 2/3 the teams in the NHL and perhaps more.   I think he has one more (this season) of development until we see what he is really going to be.   May be the one of the best picks Vancouver ever made down the road - just wait for some playoff exposure which could even come this year....which I think is a year faster than expected (I had them 10th going into the year in the West but very close to 8th - they have exceeded my projections so far).

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Well there’s more to playing than simple scoring goals. Tkachuk leads his team in points with 38, a pretty important stat you just so conveniently left out. As a canes fan you must think Jake is more valuable than taravinen as he only has 9 goals. (Shhh we won’t mention that he got 45 points). you must have also thought Henrik Sedin was garage his career goal average was only 14 goals per 82 games. Jake already tied that in 49 games this year. 

the only people going hmm are the ones that struggle to understand hockey. Let’s face it. You are only making that statement because you made the bold claim that tkachuk wouldn’t be in the NHL by his fourth year and now he’s got a career .77 p/gp and is on his way to the all star game. Haha

ahh the old 31 teams claim haha come one rob that’s grade one level logic. You’re better than that. I guess that means Aaron dell is a #1 goalie too. 

welcome back rob. 

Sorry, forgot how sensitive you are about the turtle in Calgary.   I still think that kid is a punk and someone will end his career either by intent or simply by mistake while trying to hit him a bit too hard.  He doesn't play the game the way it was intended - he has no honour.   None.   

Yup, there are 31 teams.   Guess what, if you are team's number one goalie or on their first line - guess what you are.   True story.   :)

• Like 1
  • Hydration 2

I got into a two day no speaking argument with my dad about jake last season ( our sports debates can get intense:frantic:

Glad Jake is proving doubters wrong and my dad is enjoying a plate of crow almost every game 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Sorry, forgot how sensitive you are about the turtle in Calgary.   I still think that kid is a punk and someone will end his career either by intent or simply by mistake while trying to hit him a bit too hard.  He doesn't play the game the way it was intended - he has no honour.   None.   

Yup, there are 31 teams.   Guess what, if you are team's number one goalie or on their first line - guess what you are.   True story.   :)

Aaron dell isn’t even sharks number one goalie. But according to your 31 criteria he is. Haha. 

Wait who’s the flames #1 goalie. What about the oilers. How do the islanders have two number one goalies according to your criteria but the Vegas knights doesn’t have any. How is this possible?  Doesn’t every team have to have a number one goalie. 

But wait there’s more.... According to NHL.com canucks only have 2 RW’s?  How can an NHL team only have two RW? Hmmmm something’s not adding up. 

There are 31 teams, each team has four lines = 124 RW’s in the NHL right?

Yet on NHL.com. There’s only 81 RW’s that have played over 20 games this year.  Guess by default there are zero 4th line RWs in the NHL this year. That doesn’t make much sense now does it. 

.....And to finish it off. By your same logic if that means jake is a first liner. Well I guess, not only is Nylander a first liner. He’s a top 10 RW in the league......

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Aaron dell isn’t even sharks number one goalie. But according to your 31 criteria he is. Haha. 

Wait who’s the flames #1 goalie. What about the oilers. How do the islanders have two number one goalies according to your criteria but the Vegas knights doesn’t have any. How is this possible?  Doesn’t every team have to have a number one goalie. 

But wait there’s more.... According to NHL.com canucks only have 2 RW’s?  How can an NHL team only have two RW? Hmmmm something’s not adding up. 

Yet on NHL.com. There’s only 81 RW’s that have played over 20 games this year.  Guess by default there are zero 4th line RWs in the NHL this year. That doesn’t make much sense now does it. 

.....And to finish it off. By your same logic if that means jake is a first liner. Well I guess, not only is Nylander a first liner. He’s a top 10 RW in the league......

We all know William Nylander is a Double Flamingo coward.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Whatever you say.    :lol:

9 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Whatever you say.    :lol:

Going around making friends I see. Day 2...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1