The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

38 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Of course it's just my opinion. I've been a Virtanen fan since he was drafted in 2014, even have his jersey. I want to see him prove everyone wrong, but so far (after 5 years) he hasn't. He kind of reminds me of Goldobin. The potential is there, but what will he do with that? Maybe Jake is training really hard. The proof will be in his game this season.

Fair enough but I was just wondering why make the comment based on Photos posted but no photos of significance were posted.  That\s all/

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I am just saying that Jake is not a very good player (yet), not like Horvat or Boeser anyway. Those guys do enjoy their summers too, but you know they're working hard as well, and will perform when it counts next season. Looking forward to seeing Jake's improvement this season. I'm sure he's been working very hard on his hands.

I guess Brock should get off the lake and work on his skating in your books too ah?

Jake lives here so a course his going to spend his off season here, him drinking whoopy do ha it's not like his theo flury out partying in invermere......

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I bet Bo even had some drinks and stuff at his wedding/stag! Probably some wedding cake too! :shock:

13 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I guess Brock should get off the lake and work on his skating in your books too ah?

Jake lives here so a course his going to spend his off season here, him drinking whoopy do ha it's not like his theo flury out partying in invermere......

There is a big difference between Boeser-Horvat, and Virtanen. What's next, are you going to compare Pettersson and Goldobin?

At least Brock is/was playing in Da Beauty league, so he is training. Is Jake playing in any high level leagues? I have no concerns about Bo being ready for next season.

Jake is what he is. I hope he improves.   

11 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

There is a big difference between Boeser-Horvat, and Virtanen. What's next, are you going to compare Pettersson and Goldobin?

At least Brock is/was playing in Da Beauty league, so he is training. Is Jake playing in any high level leagues? I have no concerns about Bo being ready for next season.

Jake is what he is. I hope he improves.  

Bo has gotten better every season and yet he doesn't post work out videos...Jake has gotten better every season also and what Brock gets a pass cause he plays in a tourney....i think you need cut the guy a break ha I'm not worried about Jake cause he knows he has to play like he did in the first half of the season. I'm more worried about Brock and his skating. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Bo has gotten better every season and yet he doesn't post work out videos...Jake has gotten better every season also and what Brock gets a pass cause he plays in a tourney....i think you need cut the guy a break ha I'm not worried about Jake cause he knows he has to play like he did in the first half of the season. I'm more worried about Brock and his skating. 

I'm sure Green and the coahcing staff have discussed what Jake needs to work on over the off season and he's probably doing what he's supposed to do to get better. Looking forward to seeing it all unfold in a couple of months.    

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I am just saying that Jake is not a very good player (yet), not like Horvat or Boeser anyway. Those guys do enjoy their summers too, but you know they're working hard as well, and will perform when it counts next season. Looking forward to seeing Jake's improvement this season. I'm sure he's been working very hard on his hands.

You have no idea what Jake Virtanen is doing this summer. Just stop.  :picard:

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Holy cow dude....you need to decide what you are even typing about.

In post one you make up some narrative about Jake Virtanen just being at a lake pounding high balls and having fun. Then you say he is not a good player. Then you say he is training really hard. Then you decide he is what he is.

Those posts all together go from one extreme to another....

...so is he drinking high balls OR is he training hard?  Good god man........:picard::frantic:

Maybe he was drinking highballs with Jake and Jake left him the bill .....:bigblush:

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Holy cow dude....you need to decide what you are even typing about.

In post one you make up some narrative about Jake Virtanen just being at a lake pounding high balls and having fun. Then you say he is not a good player. Then you say he is training really hard. Then you decide he is what he is.

Those posts all together go from one extreme to another....

...so is he drinking high balls OR is he training hard?  Good god man........:picard::frantic:

Why Nuckers is on my very short ignored list. Literally all over the place and not a lot of substance. Sorry Nuckers, no offence just business.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Work hard and play hard...nothing wrong with that. It may contribute to a player being his best because he is not all work and no play. Moderation is the key and training and practicing hard is necessary to be good...I'm sure these players start to ramp up their training closer to training camp...saw a poster showing Boeser at the lake enjoying life...which is a good thing along with training hard.

• Cheers 3

Jake returning to his hometown for the world-famous Abbotsford Airshow! This photo was taken from the Abbotsford Airshow's Facebook page:

"Our Airshow President, Jim Reith, is joined by Canucks winger, Jake Virtanen. Thanks for spending the day with us yesterday, Jake! We hope you had a great time "

67896721_10156630836055852_8885467254368

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Jake returning to his hometown for the world-famous Abbotsford Airshow! This photo was taken from the Abbotsford Airshow's Facebook page:

"Our Airshow President, Jim Reith, is joined by Canucks winger, Jake Virtanen. Thanks for spending the day with us yesterday, Jake! We hope you had a great time 2708.png"

67896721_10156630836055852_8885467254368

Clearly Jake is trying to cover up how fat his shoulders have gotten over the summer, why else would you wear a sweater like that! ;P

I really like Jake, I hope he comes in and continues what he did last year. Only a couple percentage increase in effectiveness and he is a good solid player.

• Haha 3

Lets start another hot take on Jake...what about those shorts he's wearing people!? What about those shorts? Let me tell you, Jake has no design taste what so ever! Discuss...:emot-parrot:

He can't even fit his hand into his pocket. What's the point of of shorts that tight? Pockets are meant to be pockets Jake!

Edited by Attila Umbrus
  • Haha 3
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Lets start another hot take on Jake...what about those shorts he's wearing people!? What about those shorts? Let me tell you, Jake has no design taste what so ever! Discuss...:emot-parrot:

He can't even fit his hand into his pocket. What's the point of of shorts that tight? Pockets are meant to be pockets Jake!

tbh jake dresses like every other kid from the valley dresses. hypebeast city.

• Upvote 1