avelanch

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

6 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Thank you! Him and Gradin made Team Sweden a Vancouver thing, oh and Lindgren as well.

Don’t forget Andres Eldebrink.  

Same amount of points as Phil the Thrill in less games. I've converted and am now a member of the Church of Virtanen. Someone baptize me please. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, suitup said:

Same amount of points as Phil the Thrill in less games. I've converted and am now a member of the Church of Virtanen. Someone baptize me please. 

That calls for a shotgun!

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Provost said:

Yep, exactly... I am just betting on it being Virtanen.  He will be at peak value after this season.

Both bring back a very big haul as well as shedding cap... that one move can relieve a lot of pressure and we have the depth to still manage.

I think it'll be Boeser ...

• Upvote 1

On 2/23/2020 at 6:22 PM, Alflives said:

Could JB believe Hoglander is ready to play top six minutes next season?  Could it be Kole Lind he has in mind?  

Alf, how do you have so much posts :o

With that being said. Höglander will be good one day, but not next season. Kid probably needs some development time and time in the AHL. 

7 hours ago, iBlueGreen said:

I think it'll be Boeser ...

Entirely possible.  It probably depends on the return.

My money is on Jake... but Boeser wouldn’t totally surprise me.

11 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Toffoli is a pending UFA (not RFA), so there's no qualification necessary. He simply becomes a free agent on July 1 if he's not re-signed.

This was in reference to Boeser's contract.  

1 hour ago, Borvat said:

This was in reference to Boeser's contract.  

Ah, apologies. You are correct there. My mistake.

• Hydration 1

remember when Jake came to camp fat? yeah I forgot about that too. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Would hate to lose Virtanen in the off-season. 

Jake's up to, what, 35 points now? Is it likely that he gets to 40-45 points before the end of the season? 

He's going to be a beast for this club. The bigger question is whether Boeser can remain healthy. If he can't stay healthy, then I think he might be the odd man out unfortunately. 

I don't see Jake getting more than 4 million on his next deal, and I see Benning and Co trying to sign him to a "show me that you can do what you did this season" again kind of deal.  

Jake certainly has a unique set of skills and he keeps progressing. I like him on the team and hope he stays.

But JB keeps hitting home runs so I will support him....like JB cares lol.

• Hydration 1

Still want to see him be more than a secondary scorer.

Whether that be upping his physical game, which he should, or developing a checking game to be a PK/match up guy. I want to see him bring more to the table because I think he is very capable of that.

7 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

remember when Jake came to camp fat? yeah I forgot about that too. 

that was a fun time

22 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

image.jpeg.f47b0f4e0625897c156b7c00085e1

Thats a big body gentemen

Love his ‘reverse hits’ that he likes to do And has proven more than capable. I feel he is forging out a more sustainable part of his game now playing smarter and scoring but can still lay the big hit when it comes time, push turns to shove and the whistles go away. Will be fun to watch i think ::D

5 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Jake certainly has a unique set of skills and he keeps progressing. I like him on the team and hope he stays.

But JB keeps hitting home runs so I will support him....like JB cares lol.

I hope Virtanen stays too. What a season for him, and he's only 23 years old. Could he become a 50 point player?? 

Incredible. I really can't see management investing and being so patient with him, only to trade him. 

In my opinion, I see Tanev walking as a UFA, Stecher may be gone too. Sutter almost sure to be gone by the off-season. Does management have a plan on what to do with Ericksson's contract in the off-season? 

53 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I hope Virtanen stays too. What a season for him, and he's only 23 years old. Could he become a 50 point player?? 

Incredible. I really can't see management investing and being so patient with him, only to trade him. 

In my opinion, I see Tanev walking as a UFA, Stecher may be gone too. Sutter almost sure to be gone by the off-season. Does management have a plan on what to do with Ericksson's contract in the off-season? 

Losing Tanev would hurt horribly and he'd be pretty hard to replace IMO, so I'd like to keep him if we can, but things will definitely be tight. Stecher is probably gone unless he takes a big discount. Sutter is still under contract for another year after this one, so unless we can find a trading partner, he won't be gone (though he could be plausibly bought out). I think Sutter's a terribly underrated player, but he's still being paid a lot and as such, probably has very little value on the trade market, so I don't think he'll be easy to offload.

On the topic of Virtanen, he's already almost a 50-point player. He's on pace for 46 points (24 goals, 22 assists) in 82 games.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

I just don't see us getting rid of Jake, and I'm sure management agrees. He is steadily progressing, can play up and down the lineup and gives us the size and speed we covet with this new(ish) team.

I am sure Benning will work out a fair contract which probably will indeed be a bridge show-me contract that I expect Jake to accept, given all the development years we have put in for him. After that it is anyones guess as to whether we can afford to keep him or not, but we can worry about that then. I seem to view Pod's game as a potential replacement anyway.

Edited by kloubek
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I just don't see us getting rid of Jake, and I'm sure management agrees. He is steadily progressing, can play up and down the lineup and gives us the size and speed we covet with this new(ish) team.

I am sure Benning will work out a fair contract which probably will indeed be a bridge show-me contract that I expect Jake to accept, given all the development years we have put in for him. After that it is anyones guess as to whether we can afford to keep him or not, but we can worry about that then. I seem to view Pod's game as a potential replacement anyway.

Only way Jake is traded is if he’s the sweetener add to dump Loui.