The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

8 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

For sure. I would be surprised if he doesn't see at least some time centering the third line, whether due to injuries, penalties, line matching or whatever. A significant portion of his value is in his versatility.

That was what I was kinda' trying to say.  Thanks for explaining me. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Jake Virtanen on Sportsnet 650:

"If I stick to my game I should be fine. If someone wants to take my spot it's going to be hard for them to do that."

"We want Boeser here as soon as possible. If he misses camp it'll be tough. Camp really helps us get ready for the season, especially with all the new guys. Everyone wants to see him come as soon as possible. He wants to do his thing and it is what it is."

• Upvote 2

On 8/20/2019 at 5:15 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

I have ZERO interest in seeing Miller play on the 3rd line. He is a legit 1st line player. He will play with either Petey or Bo.

JB didn't just go and trade a 1st round pick for a player they think will play on the 3rd line. That is just silly.

I agree, although I see Ferland with Petey and Boes, as long as he gels with them, where I see no problems.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Jake Virtanen on Sportsnet 650:

"If I stick to my game I should be fine. If someone wants to take my spot it's going to be hard for them to do that."

"We want Boeser here as soon as possible. If he misses camp it'll be tough. Camp really helps us get ready for the season, especially with all the new guys. Everyone wants to see him come as soon as possible. He wants to do his thing and it is what it is."

Jake is a team guy.  He hasn't been handed anything since his rookie year and he is a legit pro player.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

22 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

I agree, although I see Ferland with Petey and Boes, as long as he gels with them, where I see no problems.

Pettersson Horvat Boeser

Baertschi Miller Ferland

Virtanen Sutter Pearson

Motte Beagle Revolving door

I honestly think at some point something like that should happen. That 1st line would be lethal... But of course we will see all sorts combinations.

We will see Baertschi bounce around the top 3 lines, hopefully the top 6

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Pettersson Horvat Boeser

Baertschi Miller Ferland

Virtanen Sutter Pearson

Motte Beagle Revolving door

I honestly think at some point something like that should happen. That 1st line would be lethal... But of course we will see all sorts combinations.

We will see Baertschi bounce around the top 3 lines, hopefully the top 6

Hmmm lets see....you play your best centre as a wing (petey).

Then you play ferland on the wrong wing.

Then you play both virtanen and pearson on their wrong wings.

Haha...no thanks. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Hmmm lets see....you play your best centre as a wing (petey).

Then you play ferland on the wrong wing.

Then you play both virtanen and pearson on their wrong wings.

Haha...no thanks. 

Pearsons pushed that way due to depth and its common knowledge that Virtanens had success on his off wing.

And if you dont think moving Pettersson to the wing wouldn't improve his offense you don't know how to play hockey.

Go troll someone else.

Edit: Pearson and Virtanen could switch either way if it didn't work out. You add nothing to the conversation

Edit edit. Ferland scores a majority of his goals in front of the net. He's a garbage collecter, a new age Burrows. Which isn't a bad thing, it doesn't matter what wing hes on.

Troll

Edited by 5Fivehole0
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Pearsons pushed that way due to depth and its common knowledge that Virtanens had success on his off wing.

And if you dont think moving Pettersson to the wing wouldn't improve his offense you don't know how to play hockey.

Go troll someone else.

Edit: Pearson and Virtanen could switch either way if it didn't work out. You add nothing to the conversation

Edit edit. Ferland scores a majority of his goals in front of the net. He's a garbage collecter, a new age Burrows. Which isn't a bad thing, it doesn't matter what wing hes on.

Troll

You really think a coach is going to move an up and coming top line centre rookie in Pettersson to the wing after he wins the calder in his first season at centre and kicked ass doing it playing the most important position on a team?

And you tell me to learn hockey? 

Yeah...ok pal.  :picard:  

:frantic:

Edit: your suggested line up is a joke. No offense.  

Edited by Kanukfanatic

2 minutes ago, nzan said:

Those are non existent dots if we haven't all seen this movie before.

I'm not saying I agree with that poster, but the dots aren't non existent

So hockey commentator says Jake is in 3rd group of skaters and anon poster says "omg he is fat again" based on that simple statement is connecting non existent dots.

Did Jake come in to camp a few years ago with extra weight? Yes.  Was he fat then?  No.

So what are these existing dots you refer to? Seriously, because I am interested in knowing.

29 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

Who else isin there practice 3? Guad? Bailey? The list goes on and if Jake is back on the third line he will probably be playing with acouple of these players.....

so why not see who jake works with.....

also if praticing with Utica guys means the battle level will be higher, which is a good thing for Jake isn't ? 

12 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

So hockey commentator says Jake is in 3rd group of skaters and anon poster says "omg he is fat again" based on that simple statement is connecting non existent dots.

Did Jake come in to camp a few years ago with extra weight? Yes.  Was he fat then?  No.

So what are these existing dots you refer to? Seriously, because I am interested in knowing.

Calm down, and yeah he was fat.

15 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

You really think a coach is going to move an up and coming top line centre rookie in Pettersson to the wing after he wins the calder in his first season at centre and kicked ass doing it playing the most important position on a team?

It's not as asinine as you make it out to be.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Calm down, and yeah he was fat.

It's not as asinine as you make it out to be.  

I am calm champ.

The hyperbole here is stupid. Jake wasn't fat. Was he in NHL shape? No. Any maybe he isn't now.

But fat? Come on pal.

Edited by Kanukfanatic