avelanch

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

These pics don't show him doing any thing bad.  Other than that it sounds like rumors and innuendo to me.  Wasn't it last year when people were saying they saw Jake at the Roxxy and it turned out to be that Jake wasn't even there.  

6 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

These pics don't show him doing any thing bad.  Other than that it sounds like rumors and innuendo to me.  Wasn't it last year when people were saying they saw Jake at the Roxxy and it turned out to be that Jake wasn't even there.  

Exactly!...I’m glad to see that Jake is staying close to home and adhering to the social distancing policies that have been put in place.

• Hydration 1

If the season actually resumes, I hope Jake has a dominant series against the Wild and that we are able to re-sign him to a reasonable short term deal, around 2.5 per. Or if he costs 3+ I would do it  and try to move out Rousell. Unless Rousell comes alive when he puts on the orca sweater again, his past season was unnoticable and for a player of his reputation and ilk, that says a lot. Plus Jake is a BC boy and his age is in line with our team as the talent continues to grow and mature together (ie, Petey, Hughes. Boeser, Horvat). Just too bad Rousell has a M-NTC. Gross.

• Hydration 1

10 minutes ago, KirkSave said:

If the season actually resumes, I hope Jake has a dominant series against the Wild and that we are able to re-sign him to a reasonable short term deal, around 2.5 per. Or if he costs 3+ I would do it  and try to move out Rousell. Unless Rousell comes alive when he puts on the orca sweater again, his past season was unnoticable and for a player of his reputation and ilk, that says a lot. Plus Jake is a BC boy and his age is in line with our team as the talent continues to grow and mature together (ie, Petey, Hughes. Boeser, Horvat). Just too bad Rousell has a M-NTC. Gross.

Yeah, though Roussel's Limited NTC isn't that strong at this point, only 8 teams that he doesn't want to be traded to. 

20 hours ago, -AJ- said:

, though Roussel's Limited NTC isn't that strong at this point, only 8 teams that he doesn't want to be traded to. 

True. Maybe Montreal or Ottawa would have some interest in adding a pest to their rosters. I wonder if these would be destinations he'd be willing to go. Pure speculation on my part. I wouldn't care where he ends up, so long as he is moved out and off the books so we can re-sign Jake.

Roussel missed a lot of games after having his knee repaired. This extra time away will be great for him. Low on the list of the Canuck worries, imo.

Right, so apparently Jake was partying at Celebs night club last night, very definitely not social distancing.

Yea, this is not going to end well.

29 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Right, so apparently Jake was partying at Celebs night club last night, very definitely not social distancing.

Yea, this is not going to end well.

Provide evidence otherwise don’t spread rumours like that.

I heard from a friend of a friend does not constitute as a source.

• Upvote 2
  • Burr 1

23 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Provide evidence otherwise don’t spread rumours like that.

I heard from a friend of a friend does not constitute as a source.

see above.  It happened.

Probably not the smartest move he has ever made.  Given what happened recently at Brandi's, this was not a well thought out move.  Is this kid ever going to grow up?  I've seen 15 year olds with more maturity.  

I'm pretty sure clubs have a lot of safety precautions in place alongside no dance floors and you can only be with your friends in your bubble. So nothing wrong with him going out with a couple of friends. Major reach tbh lol.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

see above.  It happened.

All i see is someone saying he was.

It won’t let me see a pic.

Either way, silly to think players wouldn’t go out during their offseason. And yes it still is offseason.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Omg virtanen went clubbing during a fake pandemic....

One where over 50% of reported cases have recovered and less than half a percent die.

It's like saying dont go outside you might catch a cold.

I for one am glad that JV 18 is enjoying life before he crushes the Minnesota Mild.

Fake pandemic? Seriously?  

btw your math is seriously flawed.  Here are the numbers for resolved cases in the US. (Resolved meaning discharged from the hospital or died. 

That’s a 10% mortality rate amoungst resolved cases.  That’s a far cry from your stated 0.5% death rate. 

DDEF6B8E-463A-47E5-AFA6-C2AE8613D311.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Fake pandemic? Seriously?  

btw your math is seriously flawed.  Here are the numbers for resolved cases in the US. (Resolved meaning discharged from the hospital or died. 

That’s a 10% mortality rate amoungst resolved cases.  That’s a far cry from your stated 0.5% death rate. 

DDEF6B8E-463A-47E5-AFA6-C2AE8613D311.jpeg

https://ncov2019.live

Global numbers

My bad. Its 4.8% I was off a decimal.

Still very low

Edited by 10pavelbure96
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Global numbers

Do the math.  Don’t look at total cases. Look at closed cases.  5.6 million recovered 517,000 dead.  That’s 6,000,000 resolved cases and 517,000 deaths. Still 8.6% mortality rate globally.  Your .05% mortality rate is pure nonsense 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Global numbers

http://www.covid-19canada.com/

Canadian numbers    104,271 cases       8,615 deaths     8.26% mortality

B.C. numbers                  2,916 cases          174 deaths     5.96% mortality

23 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Do the math.  Don’t look at total cases. Look at closed cases.  5.6 million recovered 517,000 dead.  That’s 6,000,000 resolved cases and 517,000 deaths. Still 8.6% mortality rate globally.  Your .05% mortality rate is pure nonsense 

Total cases 10 746 584. Deaths 517 504

4.8%

And most of those deaths were elderly with underlying health conditions. That's why I called it a fake pandemic. These are similar numbers to pneumonia and various versions of the flu in some under developed countries.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Total cases 10 746 584. Deaths 517 504

4.8%

And most of those deaths were elderly with underlying health conditions. That's why I called it a fake pandemic. These are similar numbers to pneumonia and various versions of the flu in some under developed countries.

You’re counting the 4.4million active cases in your numbers.  You can’t do there they aren’t all going to recover. In fact, the numbers show that 8-9% of them will die.  Even with your flawed math the death rate is more than 10 times what you stated it was (4.8% compared to the less than 0.5% rate you stated). 

You’re literally wrong on every level. 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2