Kapanen 35GP

8-10-18

Ritchie 27GP

3-7-10

Bennett 22GP

3-2-5

MDC 26GP

2-2-4

No excuses for some of the other guys but Larkin is the #1 option for Detroit that is a bad team, like what else do other teams have to watch out for other than Larkin?

5 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

The second part of that headline sounds good, although I'm pretty sure I recall one of the Johns mentioning on last night's broadcast that Reaves has close to 200 hits already.  And he doesn't skate nearly as fast as Jake.

Reaves has 163 hits.  That is not close to 200.

However, it is still much higher than Jake's 55.  We do need other guys hitting more.

I have just been shocked at his passing ability. Especially last night. It seems instead of skating down the wing, either firing it away or avoiding driving to the net, he has been dishing the puck very well. I almost feel as if he has better playmaking ability. 

Edited by Rough Neck

His passing has definitely improved this season. There have been a couple grade A chances he's created that could of easily been big assists. Even his short time on the first line with Miller and Petey, i thought they had more possession and looked more dangerous than in a long time 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Rough Neck said:

I have just been shocked at his passing ability. Especially last night. It seems instead of skating down the wing, either firing it away or avoiding driving to the net, he has been dishing the puck very well. I almost feel as if he has better playmaking ability. 

Remind you of anyone?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

He should work with Boeser. More often than not Boeser’s passes are atrocious.

On the contrary, Boeser's on pace for about 50 assists this year, which means he must be doing something right.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Jake looks good, but let's not pretend he's even remotely close to what Bert was...yet. Bertuzzi was a one in a million player.

I will pretend all day until Jake doesn't surpass Bert when he was 25. 25 years old, 25 goals, 25 assists. Jake could be better than this.

33 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

On the contrary, Boeser's on pace for about 50 assists this year, which means he must be doing something right.

Yeah, giving it to Petey and Miller. Flat stats are nice and all but the eye test shouldn't be discounted. Not tryin' to roast Boeser he's a character guy and I love him. He's a good and smart player but his hands are pretty poor. Might be a confidence thing, I dunno. But the amount of times he passes to the opposing player is too often. People catch every little mistake Jake makes but most everyone else gets a pass. Boeser's hands and playmaking I'd argue are worse than Jake's but because he plays to the two best forwards on the team he is "on pace for 50 assists". 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

9 minutes ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

I will pretend all day until Jake doesn't surpass Bert when he was 25. 25 years old, 25 goals, 25 assists. Jake could be better than this.

Problem is Jake would need to at the very least get the same opportunities as Bert. Say what you will about Crow but he allowed players to play through mistakes, especially when their potential was so high. One of the biggest talking points about the Sedins early days was how often Crawford kept throwing them out on the PP even when it wasn't working. You learn by doing, failing, and understanding what does and doesn't work. Jake is being told, and when it doesn't work immediately he gets punished. Then people say "well he has no IQ". Which I wholeheartedly disagree with. 

23 year old Bert was getting 18 minutes of ice time a game, with PP time not sure if it was significant time. 23 year old Jake is getting 12 a game and only just recently did he start getting the final 30 seconds of PPs. Even with Bert's lowest ice time which was the 25g 25a season he was getting at least 15 minutes a game with PP time. If Green loosens the leash enough for Jake to learn through mistakes maybe we'll see some of what we hoped he could achieve when we drafted him. Green said after Virtanen's Utica season that he sees Jake as a 10-15 goal, 3rd line winger. I am guessing that's why we don't see Jake unleashed as often as we'd like.

Edited by N7Nucks

7 minutes ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

Jake will always be a different type of player Bertuzzi was. Jake is just too happy and Bert was a brooder who was always in a bad mood. Jake will never impact the game like Betuzzi did that said, I hope he impacts the game in other ways.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

Remind you of anyone?

I always expected Jake to score goals so I fall into this trap as well, however, it is interesting that everyone expects the power forward to score goals and neglect the possibility that they are a playmaker. Bertuzzi's best goal scoring season was 46-51-97. That's a nice find there!