avelanch

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

I'm so excited about this pick, he has the potential to develop into a Corey Perry kind of player.

Awesome pick. Well done Benning.

Offensive winger, who can score goals, hits skates like the wind, and have one heck of a shot.

So we drafted a hard hitting fast skating scoring winger with our 6th pick this year, that is from the lower mainland area?

Win win. We got ourselves a future 30 goal scorer, Dustin Brown like.

I'm so excited about this pick, he has the potential to develop into a Corey Perry kind of player.

I am excited too, but I wouldn't go there. Correy Perry and Virtannen play a different Style. Perry is also an extremely effective puck possession, play making winger who can score damn goals. physic is also different too. Virtanan is hardly 6'1 just under 210 Perry is 6'3 225.

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord

Guess the Canucks were looking for the best-looking player available this year..

If he gets 100 points in the W next year, we will be happy.

Really sucks we don't get to see him play until October though. Makes it seem like we didn't even pick.

I'm excited about this pick, I wasn't particularly sure who I wanted, but I'm not complaining.

Here's to hoping he does well!

Someone suggested Virtanen has no skill. Not sure how you score 45 goals as a 17 year old with "no skill".

Whatever concerns Virtanen has, skill isn't one of them.

All-star power forward.

TSN had him ranked 6th. Don't you think it was just some conspiracy to convince the Canucks to select a bad pick?

Absolutely not who I wanted us to pick.. HOWEVER, he's our prospect now so I'm going to root for the guy and hope he reached his ceiling or even betters that.

Also looks like I need to change my signature now, haha.

• Upvote 1

Guess the Canucks were looking for the best-looking player available this year..

Hmm what a random odd comment.

Welcome Jake. You were my pick.

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb).

• Upvote 2

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb).

wow....

i try to type something but i will be breaking the forum rule if i do..so..

ya...sure pal

• Upvote 1

The Canucks are notoriously well-known for screwing up on their draft picks. Just another one to add to the collection.

• Upvote 1