The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Kid had shoulder surgery a month ago and he's not wearing a sling and has full range of motion already. By some people's logic, Yzerman should have taken Stamkos out back and shot him after he broke his leg.

lol !!

I was actually frustrated by both of our picks. Both guys sound like jerks. Not saying they won't get whipped into shape by the league, but from what I've gotten used to in recent years with quality guys like Horvat and Jensen, I feel like both of these guys will be mini Keslers- less upside but just as much of a cancer in the locker room.

• Upvote 1

Happy, excited, looking forward to having him in our system. He was my guy all along, even when they were thinking of trading up to get #1 overall, I was happy about the thought of getting Reinhart, but hoped we could swing a deal to keep 6 and get them both

So he had surgery, he is still 17 and will heal, and as for those who are all about his hockey IQ and that he is going to be a bust just because he had more goals than assists(!?) - He is a skater, a banger and a goal scorer - Kesler was not a passer but a shooter, Brett Hull back in the day- all he did was shoot and score. There are tonnes of guys who have made careers out of being goal scorers

(not saying he's going to be Kes or brett hull but just making a point)

Welcome to the team, Jake, glad to have ya!

I was actually frustrated by both of our picks. Both guys sound like jerks. Not saying they won't get whipped into shape by the league, but from what I've gotten used to in recent years with quality guys like Horvat and Jensen, I feel like both of these guys will be mini Keslers- less upside but just as much of a cancer in the locker room.

To be honest, people say Boston's players are jerks. Same goes with the Kings players.

I'm so hungry for a cup I don't even care anymore. If they win games, they can be whoever they wanna be

• Upvote 1

Guys that skate like the wind can find a place in the NHL, but it doesn't mean they'll be productive. Think back to Rob McClanahan, Todd Marchant, and Mason Raymond. This kid can not only fly, but he has hands and a big shot, not to mention a great backhand, and can clearly score. But to top it off, he's not just a dancer, he plays physically and enjoys throwing the body around. Sure he may never be a playmaker, but he creates distance for himself and if he understands positioning he will fill the net at the next level.

What are you smoking kid, need to stop because you are tripping bad.

• Upvote 1

Anyone that hasn't watched this guy at least 5 times live this year is full of it. That's 98% of the people here. They picked the guy immediately after major surgery that should tell you something.

Doesn't even sound like it was major, as he played much of the season with it:

Both the doctor and my physiotherapist have said it’s the fastest they’ve ever seen a shoulder heal, so it looks really great,” he says. “It didn’t bother me at all during the season, but the whole point of the surgery was to get it fully healthy so I’ll be good to go for next season."

http://www.vancouversun.com/touch/story.html?id=9971180

• Upvote 1

ugh. The guy is a bust. Already had a major injury and surgery, and he is not even in the NHL. Only 26 assists and his numbers were inflated by a carreer year by his overage line mate.

Just because he's a local kid. Stupid reason to draft him. So far this management has sucked

You see that...that little tiny thing floating away from you? That is your logic, hurry try and catch it..oh too late it's gone!

Edited by Vancanwincup