The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Ahhh, boo hoo. Are your feelings being hurt by our negativity?

Simple fact is that we left exceptional skill on the table when we drafted virtanen. And just so you know, stats DO matter. He is a high risk low reward player, whereas nylander/ehlers are high risk high reward.

What are you 12? Can you score 45 goals in the WHL as a 17 year old?

• Upvote 1

I was actually frustrated by both of our picks. Both guys sound like jerks. Not saying they won't get whipped into shape by the league, but from what I've gotten used to in recent years with quality guys like Horvat and Jensen, I feel like both of these guys will be mini Keslers- less upside but just as much of a cancer in the locker room.

I question your ability to accurately extrapolate personality traits.

I look forward to many more pages filled with CDC eating it's own tail, complaining that we finally picked a kid from our own backyard who can play with an edge when we should have been drafting undersized Europeans because they'll totes be superstars, guys.

The only winning move is to not play.

Edited by Winter Soldier

207 lbs with world class, speed, athleticism and power? Who likes to drive the net, score and a big shot??

Sounds like a Western Canadian Nichushkin???

I'm thinking corey perry if all goes according to plan haha. His shot isn't just really good, it's absolutely incredible. Watch his highlight reel real closely and you see all the little things he does with his shots. He gets them off with the weirdest slips and fakes.

I'm thinking corey perry if all goes according to plan haha. His shot isn't just really good, it's absolutely incredible. Watch his highlight reel real closely and you see all the little things he does with his shots. He gets them off with the weirdest slips and fakes.

Perry is more of a puck possession / skills guy, can dangle with the best of em'? Virtanen relies more on athleticism and a big shot. Although both certainly have a power game...

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb).

Wonder what kind of ice iq Lucic had when he was 17.

You see that...that little tiny thing floating away from you? That is your logic, hurry try and catch it..oh too late it's gone!

And what's that where your comment came from ... Oh it's a tiny little brain. What's your basis of your thought.

Virtanen is first round pick, but he is not a #6 overall pick, plain and simple. Not one commentator worth is mettle had him rated that high (not talking about BS mock drafts). The simple truth is that we left far more talented players on the board, and for that reason the Canucks messed it up.

Virtanen is first round pick, but he is not a #6 overall pick, plain and simple. Not one commentator worth is mettle had him rated that high (not talking about BS mock drafts). The simple truth is that we left far more talented players on the board, and for that reason the Canucks messed it up.

Agree. I see Virtanen as a moderate risk low upside guy. He's got top 6 potential whereas a guy like Nylander or Ehlers have first line potential. I don't see anyone in our system being a definite top line guy to take the reins from the Sedins.

Still Virtanen is our guy now and I hope he reaches his ceiling with us.