The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jake Virtanen | #18 | RW

avelanch

Do you guys think he has a legitimate shot at the world jrs. This year with being injured and all?

Yeah I think he'll make it. It's on NA ice and Virtanen is a body banger so he'll be used in that department plus he has game breaking speed. The Team Canada roster looks a bit dull with only a couple dynamic players (McDavid and Petan) so I expect him even on the 4th line for speed and hitting.

Love that backhand of yours Jake. I hope the new shoulder lets you fling that puck in a Canucks jersey for years to come. Great pick. I'm behind you 100% and I wish you the absolute best. You seem like bright tough kid with lots of talent. Welcome to the Canucks Jake.

PS

I Hope you don't mind being unfairly lambasted and personally attacked online by hundreds of faceless anonymous losers every day of the rest of your life. I would say you would probably get this no matter what team you played for in the NHL, but in Vancouver, they just do it with a certain ultimate ignorance and pure enmity. I'm sorry Jake for what the idiots will say. It just comes with the territory here.

You do know he'll probably never see this right?

Love that backhand of yours Jake. I hope the new shoulder lets you fling that puck in a Canucks jersey for years to come. Great pick. I'm behind you 100% and I wish you the absolute best. You seem like bright tough kid with lots of talent. Welcome to the Canucks Jake.

PS

I Hope you don't mind being unfairly lambasted and personally attacked online by hundreds of faceless anonymous losers every day of the rest of your life. I would say you would probably get this no matter what team you played for in the NHL, but in Vancouver, they just do it with a certain ultimate ignorance and pure enmity. I'm sorry Jake for what the idiots will say. It just comes with the territory here.

so your solution for the faceless anonymous internet losers is to personally attack them facelessly anonymouly over the internet?

Ironing

• Upvote 3

Some fans might not like Virtanen but at least he wants to be here and wants to play for the Canucks.

I like virtanen... i think he will turn out to be our cam neely that we traded away... hopefully we have learned our lesson for that...

Edited by *16*

I like virtanen... i think he will turn out to be our cam neely that we traded away... hopefully we have learned our lesson for that...

Hopefully we also get an elite center for him, like we didn't for Neely but Boston did.