The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann | C/LW

avelanch

3 hours ago, J.R. said:

We're sucking enough to have an outside chance at winning a lotto top 3 pick.

I mean we should be planning on picking somewhere in the 5-10 range but it's certainly possible.

I suppose. But I'm not going to hope for it, cause I know I'll be disappointed :(

I want us so badly to win one of the top three, though, that would change this franchise's direction in a hurry. 

21 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I suppose. But I'm not going to hope for it, cause I know I'll be disappointed :(

I want us so badly to win one of the top three, though, that would change this franchise's direction in a hurry. 

I don't think I'll be disappointed either way. On one hand, we win a top 3 lotto pick and get Mathews or a VERY good Finn.

On the other hand, we should be right in the wheelhouse of grabbing Chychrun, Serachev, or Juolevi and if not them, McLeod or Dubois. 

We're getting a very good or a great player one way or another.

21 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Sutter was playing winger for the Sedin's before he got injured for months, then he came back and got injured again, he will probably go back with the Sedin's to start next year if they want Granlund to play centre...we don't have anyone named Backlund....

Sedins / Sutter

Baer / Horvat / Lainne or Virtanen

Vey / Granlund / Etem

Gaunce / McCann / Hansen or Dorsett

I don't think he needs to go to the Comet's but it might not hurt him in the long run.

Sedin - Sedin - Sutter

Virtanen - Horvat - Hansen

Baertschi - Granlund - Puljajarvi/Etem

Gaunce - McCann - Etem/Burrows

Edler Tanev

Hutton UFA

Hamhuis Sbisa

Tryamkin, Pedan, Subban

Miller

Markstrom

If we get a top 3 it will leave Burrows vulnerable to be traded or waived. Very unfortunate but it needs to happen. If we dont get a top 3 we take a Dman but that most likely wont be a roster player for next year as Dmen take longer to develope

16 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

we aren't getting Laine, unfortunately. not sucking enough. 

Okay.

We'll get either Juolevi or Sergachev then. no problem.

Maybe even Nylander. Gauthier. Chychryun. Bean. 

On 02/03/2016 at 6:04 PM, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Sutter was playing winger for the Sedin's before he got injured for months, then he came back and got injured again, he will probably go back with the Sedin's to start next year if they want Granlund to play centre...we don't have anyone named Backlund....

Sedins / Sutter

Baer / Horvat / Lainne or Virtanen

Vey / Granlund / Etem

Gaunce / McCann / Hansen or Dorsett

I don't think he needs to go to the Comet's but it might not hurt him in the long run.

Right Granlund not Backlund... Der

I don't see Sutter going back on the wing with the Sedins next year after seeing how Horvat has struggled with the increased role this year (-30).  I think Sutter needs to be relied upon to take defensive face offs and just in general defensively to take the pressure off Horvat. Granlund can be a pretty good 4th line center or switch to wing I guess. I like Etem or Hansen on the wing with the Sedins better.  I think Sutter was only there because McCann wasn't going to play an off position in his first games in the NHL. I really think it's best for him anyway to be developed in the AHL regardless of who's on the team.  

2 hours ago, Ihatetomatoes said:

Right Granlund not Backlund... Der

I don't see Sutter going back on the wing with the Sedins next year after seeing how Horvat has struggled with the increased role this year (-30).  I think Sutter needs to be relied upon to take defensive face offs and just in general defensively to take the pressure off Horvat. Granlund can be a pretty good 4th line center or switch to wing I guess. I like Etem or Hansen on the wing with the Sedins better.  I think Sutter was only there because McCann wasn't going to play an off position in his first games in the NHL. I really think it's best for him anyway to be developed in the AHL regardless of who's on the team.  

Sutter could also play on Horvat's right wing and they could take draws on their strong sides.  

Especially if we get a guy like Okposo to play with the twins ::D

Otherwise, Sutter would probably be taking most of the draws playing with the twins anyways which still helps Horvat. 

HF Ranking Spring 2016

1. (2) Jared McCann, C, 7.5B
Drafted 1st round, 24th overall, 2014

Jared McCann moves into top spot on the list given his transition from a standout in junior to a steady NHL player. McCann came into training camp with one goal in mind, which was earning a roster spot with the Canucks. Not only did he manage to do just that, but McCann was even a capable replacement as a top six center while Henrik Sedin and Brandon Sutter were sidelined at the same time due to injuries. Playing top-six minutes for the Canucks is a far cry from what could have been another season in junior for McCann. But he earned that roster spot out of camp and didn’t let it go, and as the season has progressed McCann has begun to display a strong two-way game and maturity beyond his years. The Canucks have a real prize in McCann, and with Bo Horvat already playing like a veteran, the future of the center position for the Canucks seems to be in good hands.

Benning mentions Horvat, Virtanen, Boeser, Demko, Hutton and Markstrom as their next core group #Canucks

BYE Jared McCann, I truly believed you have a better skill set then Virtanen and will be a great player, but it sucks our bad management doesn't see you in the future. So yeah they will probably trade McCann for a another utility worthless player like Granlund. 

Another prospect I enjoyed watching will be traded soon. 

“We liked Shinkaruk, but we think we got a better two-way player in return. The deal fit well with our plans for the future” - Benning

more two way guys yayy? back tracking a bit there Benning, during the trade you said, we don't believe he will be NHL player, now they like him. WOW we are screwed with these guys in-charge.

8 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Benning mentions Horvat, Virtanen, Boeser, Demko, Hutton and Markstrom as their next core group #Canucks

BYE Jared McCann, I truly believed you have a better skill set then Virtanen and will be a great player, but it sucks our bad management doesn't see you in the future. So yeah they will probably trade McCann for a another utility worthless player like Granlund. 

“We liked Shinkaruk, but we think we got a better two-way player in return. The deal fit well with our plans for the future” - Benning

more two way guys yayy? back tracking a bit there Benning, during the trade you said, we don't believe he will be NHL player, now they like him. WOW we are screwed with these guys in-charge.

How do you muster up the courage to even leave your house? The world you live in must be terrifying.

I still have a feeling Benning has a Drouin trade in the plans and McCann may be involved.

Doesn't make sense to go out and acquire Granlund if we plan on having McCann in the mix. There will be no room for him next season.

3 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

How do you muster up the courage to even leave your house? The world you live in must be terrifying.

you can crack all your jokes at me that you want, if it helps you deflect the fact that our team is in trouble with the these guys in-charge, Linden, Benning and Weisbro, go look up the town hall meeting some of the answers were blatant lies and not to forget the rude remark about Kassian made by Linden. Linden might just become our version of Kevin Lowe.

13 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

more two way guys yayy?

Hmm,  Wondering if they are going to try packaging McCann and their 2nd to snag a top ten 1st if one of Chychrun, Juolevi or Sergachev fall low enough?

4 minutes ago, coho8888 said:

Hmm,  Wondering if they are going to try packaging McCann and their 2nd to snag a top ten 1st if one of Chychrun, Juolevi or Sergachev fall low enough?

ppleae please! lower your expectations when it comes to trades with these guys in charge. Didn't we think they could package Shinkurak with a 1st one year? These guys will go after another project player or a  2-way guy then tell Linden to clear up the air. This is bad, this management is making the same mistakes the LEAFS and Oilers have been making. wow

4 minutes ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

ppleae please! lower your expectations when it comes to trades with these guys in charge. Didn't we think they could package Shinkurak with a 1st one year? These guys will go after another project player or a  2-way guy then tell Linden to clear up the air. This is bad, this management is making the same mistakes the LEAFS and Oilers have been making. wow

Cmon Desi you've got to have more faith than that!

Archived