The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann | C/LW

avelanch

31 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I'm just not too sure where he would fit in, especially if McCann stays up.

I really think McCann is in Utica for a year, maybe two.  Vey is a stop gap (replacement) player.  IMHAO

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

McCann has gone off the boil. No consistency to his game and that IMO will lead him to Utica next season, Management are not going to make the same mistake two years in a row

It was not a mistake, it was necessity, McCann could not play in the AHL but was to good for juniors. He may spend next year or part  of it in the A but this year was no mistake.

4 minutes ago, Gstank29 said:

4 hours ago, gurn said:

It was not a mistake, it was necessity, McCann could not play in the AHL but was to good for juniors. He may spend next year or part  of it in the A but this year was no mistake.

I understand he couldn't play in the AHL but he should have gone back to junior which is said in hindsight I understand, who was to know his game would fall off so badly

8 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

I understand he couldn't play in the AHL but he should have gone back to junior which is said in hindsight I understand, who was to know his game would fall off so badly

You too funny:lol:

McCann's role was - on the most part - to play the fourth line.  When the opportunity arose for some PP time, we saw him produce offence.  This season has been almost all about becoming a better defensive player ALL OVER THE ICE.   I do believe he will be in Utica next season, but that doesn't mean he has not progressed well this season.  In fact, he's ahead, because he has a full season of developing the defensive side of the game at the NHL level.  Only those who don't really understand McCann's role this season would believe his play has fallen off.  On the contrary, he has shown steady improvement.  But that's okay if you don't understand.  It's not an easy game to follow all its nuances.  

Fred.  You couldn't come up with something better than Fred?  :frantic:. Maybe you need some time back in Junior?  (Ps.  Only joking.). 

7 hours ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

To be fair, Babkcock called him out for being soft after only two games. Did you guys watch him play? At this point in time I honestly believe Jake is the better NHL player. Granted, Jake's now played like 40 games compared to Willie's 3 but as it stands now Willie is about the most perimeter player I've seen in quite some time.

Of course Willie is the most perimeter player you've seen in quite some time

McCann will be fine as our 3rd liner / 2nd PP center.  Putting him in the AHL next year is laughable.  He is doing everything the coaching/management staff are asking of him and lately he is starting to get some pk time.  He'll bulk up and surprise again next training camp just like he did this year.  I still say try him on RW: 

Sedin Sedin Virtanen

Baertschi Horvat McCann

or

Sedin Sedin Sutter

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

xxxxxx McCann xxxxxx

13 minutes ago, Gretzky to Lemieux said:

I never understood you have to be 20 years old to play in the AHL. It really messes up the development of some kids who are too good for junior but not ready for the NHL. If you can play in the A when your 18 it'll make developing prospects so much easier. Does anyone know why this stupid rule exists?

CHL wants to protect the talent in their league. It's not a stupid rule and it makes sense. The CHL developed a ton of talent for the NHL over the years. The players that are forced to stay behind often contribute to the development of their teammates as well as raise the level of competition in the league which benefits younger players.

1 hour ago, Toews said:

CHL wants to protect the talent in their league. It's not a stupid rule and it makes sense. The CHL developed a ton of talent for the NHL over the years. The players that are forced to stay behind often contribute to the development of their teammates as well as raise the level of competition in the league which benefits younger players.

The rule makes sence. But ita not without downfall. In many cases it hinders or slows progress of those players. 

1 hour ago, Gooseberries said:

The rule makes sence. But ita not without downfall. In many cases it hinders or slows progress of those players. 

Yeah I agree with you on that. But the number of players affected by the rule is fairly small.

Archived