Sign in to follow this  
avelanch

Jared McCann | C/LW

8 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

It's time to start using our depth and growing it frrom within.

Unfortunately (previously) / fortunately (next year), this is the first year we've really had the depth to do so.

30 minutes ago, theminister said:

The terms I like to use are 'organizational monentum' and 'velocity of the system.'

Like a boiler or pressure cooker, the Canucks need to build up enough push from below to make the rest of the roster bubble over. That's how we will generate power. That's how we will create a vacuum effect that can carry over prospect grouping to prospect grouping. It takes awhile to build up but, if managed properly, it can go on indefinitely. 

That is the main reason I would advocate Jake and/or Jared going down to Utica, to build that upward pressure. 

Precisely this ^^^ So far it's been a relative trickle from below. Next year we should see it start to gush a bit more and hopefully over the next 2-3 years it becomes a flood.

^

I think you guys have been doing the volcano for too many consecutive science fairs.

• Upvote 1

I am so adamant that McCann shouldn't be sent to Utica next year.  I have always been a WD supporter but if he continues to deploy icetime like the last 2 years I feel he should be replaced if this team is out of the playoffs by the all-star break.  You can't give McCann 10min a game playing with Dorsett and expect him to improve.  And Vrbata was a ghost last year so he was another waste of a linemate.

Sedin Sedin Sutter

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

xxxxxx  McCann xxxxxx

xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxx

Or move him to RW or pair him with Sutter

Sedin Sedin xxxxx

xxxxxx  Sutter McCann

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx

I fully expect McCann to prove everyone wrong again this year.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I am so adamant that McCann shouldn't be sent to Utica next year.  I have always been a WD supporter but if he continues to deploy icetime like the last 2 years I feel he should be replaced if this team is out of the playoffs by the all-star break.  You can't give McCann 10min a game playing with Dorsett and expect him to improve.  And Vrbata was a ghost last year so he was another waste of a linemate.

Sedin Sedin Sutter

xxxxxx  McCann xxxxxx

xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxxx

Or move him to RW or pair him with Sutter

Sedin Sedin xxxxx

xxxxxx  Sutter McCann

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx

I fully expect McCann to prove everyone wrong again this year.

Rodin Sutter McCann? I'd like to see if that has any potential. 

Granlund Dorsett Gaunce as a 4th? 

Not everyone.

I think McCann has his own plan and people who want him sent to Utica will have to despair.

All centers on this team are already looking over their shoulders and next season Jared will start to blow by them.

Sure, 'Anky and Sutts and Bo are going to keep their jobs, but not forever.

Any injuries at center, or another season or two, and JM will be top 1-2 C.

2017-2018 season, he might have Boeser and Tkachuk on his wings...

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Not everyone.

I think McCann has his own plan and people who want him sent to Utica will have to despair.

All centers on this team are already looking over their shoulders and next season Jared will start to blow by them.

Sure, 'Anky and Sutts and Bo are going to keep their jobs, but not forever.

Any injuries at center, or another season or two, and JM will be top 1-2 C.

2017-2018 season, he might have Boeser and Tkachuk on his wings...

Yeah I'd go along with that ..... in a couple of years time McCann maybe the best C on the roster. But next season he should still be in Utica unless of course a miracle takes place and he is helped with divine intervention :lol:

• Upvote 1

It's a great time of year to speculate and we all have our opinions.

I see something in JM that I do not see from any other Canuck or prospect.

And that something is superb skill propelled by undeniable will power.

When he first started for the Canucks, he would blast out in front and look around and nobody was up with him.

So he started to scale it back, to play the team game, and lowered himself to the common denominator.

Once he has wingers who can handle the puck at full speed, make and take passes at full speed, and "really shoot the puck" (JB), Canner will blossom as our 1C.

That probably will only be seen at times next year but that doesn't mean he should be playing in the minors.

Say the Sedins are the #1 line next year, 1a the year after that, 1b, then 2nd line, or lower towards their retirement.

16/17:  Dank Hank Sutter and a variety of wingers.

17/18:  Dank Hank same winger all year of those that auditioned in 16/17.

18/19:  Same, or whatever as they move to senior status.

McCann then may play wing and center in 16/17 but will definitely be deserving of a spot on the big club.

17/18:  Canner centering high talent newer players like Boeser as they get their feet wet.

18/19:  Canner centering second line and showing C1 capability between two of our top new wingers.

19/20:  Ensconced as our first line center (reminding people of a cross between Sakic and Yzerman.

20/21:  Stanley Cup.

If Bo keeps getting better, he may bump Sutter to the wing or the 3C; if not, Bo gets 3C.

If Canner's face-offs aren't yet up to snuff, Sutter may find himself on the dot for face-offs, but playing on Jared's wing.

If we draft Dubois, and he can continue to improve at center, he may challenge JM in 3 or more years for the 1 or 2 C.

All others, like Guance and Granlund, are not good enough to stand in McCann's way.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Yeah I'd go along with that ..... in a couple of years time McCann maybe the best C on the roster. But next season he should still be in Utica unless of course a miracle takes place and he is helped with divine intervention :lol:

I know a pharmacist that will sell him some 'divine intervention' in his car after work.       I wonder if Jared knows him yet?   Hahah

Vancouver, B.C. – Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has acquired defenceman Erik Gudbranson and Florida’s 2016 fifth round pick (NYI) in exchange for Jared McCann and the Canucks 2016 second and fourth round picks.

Gudbranson, 24, spent the 2015.16 season with the Florida Panthers, collecting nine points (2-7-9) and 49 penalty minutes in 64 games. He also appeared in six playoff games. The Ottawa, Ontario native ranked third on the Panthers in hits (150), fourth in blocked shots (73) and fourth in average ice time per game (20:06). The 2010 3rd overall NHL draft pick ranked second on the Panthers and led Florida defencemen in average ice time in the 2016 playoffs (26:54) in addition to ranking second on the team in blocked shots (8).

The 6’5”, 216-pound defenceman has collected 43 points (11-32-43) in 309 NHL regular season games over the span of five seasons with the Panthers.

On the international stage, Gudbranson earned a silver medal as a member of Canada at the 2011 World Junior Championships. He also won gold at the Ivan Hlinka Tournament in 2009.

Canucks acquire Gudbranson from Florida

Good luck Canner! Hope you have a successful and long NHL career, wish we would have been more patient with you!

Virtanen....keep your phone handy....no youngster is safe with Benning in charge!

I like Gudbranson and our defense is gonna be freaking beastly with all that size but I really thought highly of McCann. If he can make the transition to wing, oh boy watch out.

JB may regret this one if McCann pans out. That 2nd rd pick hurts a lot too. JB seems to part with picks very easily. Gives em out like halloween candy. 

• Upvote 1

Canner McJared:(

Edited by Tre Mac