Sign in to follow this  
avelanch

Jared McCann | C/LW

Gaunce's future is probably as a winger

quote name="baumerman77" post="12233131" timestamp="1403919958"]I don't like this pick. We have Horvat and Gaunce. This kid is the same.

Shinkaruk - Horvat - Virtanen

Gaunce - McCann - Fox

Kenins - Cassels - Zalewski

AND THAT'S JUST THOSE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PROSPECTS TOURNIE.

SO STACKED.

Hey man you can never have too many centers

This year we had

Sedin, Kesler, Matthias, Richards, Santorelli, Lain.

We drafted 6th overall.

We still need wingers. Hoping we make a run on RW/LW in the next 3 rounds

Really wanted Barbashev or Scherbak.

McCann has alot of tools, alot of skills, just needs to be more consistent, one shift he looks like he could be a great player, another he looks unenaged, but he can do it all. Make plays, snipe, play defense, play the PP.

Kind of redundant, but he might have the most natural talent out of the center's we have taken. He's a versatile guy, maybe he can move to the wing, who knows. Nice tools with him though, good upside.

Guest Dasein

A 17 YO kid feeling dejected because he slipped a lot? .. faces the reality that his future lies 3000 miles (5000 KM,ok!) away, and gets a mic shoved into his face so to speak .. he will be fine.

Thought and said this as well on the 1st page. Maybe this makes the prospect of leaving home even tougher:

Fact: When McCann turned 18, he got a tattoo in honour of his mother Erin, who has multiple sclerosis and also is battling cancer.

Edited by Dasein

I am excited for this guy. 6' 180 pounds. Ranked 5th for hockey IQ in this draft. Was projected to be taken around 10-15. Also found a quote saying he takes a cold bath before every game because he is superstitious lol. Has a lot of potential to up his offensive side.

THW Ranking: #12

Other Rankings:

THW’s NHL Draft War Room – #12

Future Considerations – #10

ISS – #17

CS Final Rankings (North American skaters) – #10

Craig Button, TSN – #8

• Upvote 1

No question he can be transferred to wing. But in all honesty we have far to many young 2 way centers. Who will we throw out to score goals? I am hoping we run for High risk high reward wingers and defense in the later rounds.

And hoping for Lemiuex in the 2nd at 36

Boston has a lot of 2 way centres too. Same as LA. Hawks have a good one too.

Doesn't sound too happy to be here.

Just a kid, he'll get over it. Probably a hardcore Leafs fan growing up lol

WANTED HIM WHEN WE WERE IN THE 10-15 RANGE. CALLED IT.

YAY FOR MCCANN, HELL OF A LOT OF UNTAPPED SKILL. NOT UTILIZED OFFENSIVELY ENOUGH FOR HIS DEFENSIVE GIFTS.

Whats with the yelling??.... you mad Bro?

I don't like this pick. We have Horvat and Gaunce. This kid is the same.

i'm sure some of them can play wing

Just a kid, he'll get over it. Probably a hardcore Leafs fan growing up lol

Could also be upset that he fell to 24th when he was predicted to go 15ish.

i'm sure some of them can play wing

He has wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more offensive upside than Horvat and Gaunce combined Joe. This guy is fast, skilled, and has great instincts. No idea why that doesn't show up on his stats.

Doesn't sound too happy to be here.

I think he's more disappointed that he fell as far as he did. He was ranked quite a bit higher than he went.

Sounds like he's a highly talented two way center, not gonna complain. We've got a few of those, but I'd like to be strong down the middle. There's no guarantee prospects turn out anyway, so eh. I'd have like a riskier, highly talented offensive player, but I'll take it.

As for his reaction, he seemed kinda flustered. Could be that he was disappointed to have been picked so low, could be that he wanted to be picked by someone else. Who knows, he's a young guy so I'll cut him some slack. Give him some time to let what's happened today sink in and I'm sure he'll be buying right in. Not worried.

WANTED HIM WHEN WE WERE IN THE 10-15 RANGE. CALLED IT.

YAY FOR MCCANN, HELL OF A LOT OF UNTAPPED SKILL. NOT UTILIZED OFFENSIVELY ENOUGH FOR HIS DEFENSIVE GIFTS.

ARE YOU EXCITED OR WHAT?!

No question he can be transferred to wing. But in all honesty we have far to many young 2 way centers. Who will we throw out to score goals? I am hoping we run for High risk high reward wingers and defense in the later rounds.

And hoping for Lemiuex in the 2nd at 36

Kopitar, Ricards, and Stoll are all two way centers. That term is too lose to describe the players you're describing.