The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann | C/LW

avelanch

Based on his reaction upon getting his named called (long face, no smile), and his glum body language as he dragged himself to the stage, it would seem he was not thrilled to be drafted by the Canucks. The subsequent "it is what is it is" comment does not help.

Perhaps some of his disappointment about being drafted by the Canucks might be because he anticipated being taken higher?

Either way, he's a young kid, and frankly he's a surplus player. It would be nice to have another Canadian kid in the organization and he's got time to mature, but he doesn't, we don't desperately need him; we have other players in the system who are similar to him.

Based on his reaction upon getting his named called (long face, no smile), and his glum body language as he dragged himself to the stage, it would seem he was not thrilled to be drafted by the Canucks. The subsequent "it is what is it is" comment does not help.

Perhaps some of his disappointment about being drafted by the Canucks might be because he anticipated being taken higher?

Either way, he's a young kid, and frankly he's a surplus player. It would be nice to have another Canadian kid in the organization and he's got time to mature, but he doesn't, we don't desperately need him; we have other players in the system who are similar to him.

Just make sure we don't give him a NTC :bigblush: .

Very solid pick, I've heard about the fact we need some high offensive players over two-way players and I agree but McCann is something to look forward to.

He is a good two-way center with speed, he's 6'1. Good in the corners, works hards everywhere on the ice. Ranked #5 in terms of hockey IQ in this year, higher than players like Nylander, Virtanen, Ritchie, Perlini, Fiala, Larkin, and many more. A very good wrister and a very good finisher.

I still don't think we have a legitimate 1st line center but 2 2nd line centers in McCann and Horvat, McCann has the floor of an okay 3rd line center (Trevor Lewis/Kyle Brodziak) to a ceiling of a 2nd B line center or a great 3rd line center (Jordan Staal/Dave Bolland).

When I spoke about redundancy getting Bonino back

This is exactly what i was speaking of.

Yet another solid 2 way player another solid 2 way center...

Cassels, Bonino, Lain, Horvat, Matthias, MacCann, Gaunce....

And on RW Grenier

on LW Shinkaruk and Virtanen....

This is confusing in regards to organizational depth and need

That being said welcome to the fold Jared McCann.
But...just a question, it is what it is?

When you get drafted int eh 1st round you put on your happy face and act like someone who just got the frigging world handed to him. Not a good start with the kind of fans you have to deal with. Seriously bud at least show some enthusiasm for basically being handed a near million dollar ELC

Bonino is not a two way player. He tends to play against easier competition and rarely gets a defensive zone start.

Archived