The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann | C/LW

avelanch

Why wasnt mccann invited to WJHC summer camp?

I personally thought he had a very poor U18s and that is likely why he was not included in the summer invites. He started off in the top 6 and kept getting bumped down. Wasn't really effective at all beyond faceoffs.

I personally thought he had a very poor U18s and that is likely why he was not included in the summer invites. He started off in the top 6 and kept getting bumped down. Wasn't really effective at all beyond faceoffs.

I think Canada will have an old team this year as well.

15/25 forwards were 2013 picks.

I'd imagine McCann could still play his way onto the team with a good start. If he's top-5 in the OHL in scoring he's hard to leave off - And he has they type of talent to be amongst the scoring leaders.

Lol that family does not seem thrilled at all. Either the family truly has no personality or they are trying very hard not to show their disappointment and failing tremendously. Lol.

Family is so boring, and dull compared to the virtanens, his bro looks adopted too!

Not sure if already posted on here but nice little write up with vids on mista McCann

http://nhlnumbers.com/2014/6/27/jared-mccann-bergeron-2-0#comments

Welcoming environment from Canuck fans.

I can't believe we drafted this kid!!! He was the guy I wanted the Canucks to draft back in February old 2014 draft chats, back in the (Canucks will finish anywhere from 10 11 or 12th pick range.) This kid is scary underrated. Greyhound fans had nothing but awesome things to say about him. Skies the limit for this kid, only thing he didn't achieve was 90 Point plus or else he the "the big 6".

I'm stoked, shocked. We drafted Virtannen then I couldn't follow the draft no more, turn my iphone app, see who the hell we drafted Jared Fuckin Mcann OMG what a day! He's the guy that "will go to war" to win games for his team. He also listed as "this years Horvat" according to hfboards.com, even though I don't think he does not have Horvat's cerebral game, McCann is a responsible 2 way player, hard back checker, a deadly one timer, skates like the wind, sometimes he reminds me of Sidney Crosby the way he skates with the puck. Unbelievable, shocked!.

He does not have the best upside at that position, (Ho Sang does) but really.....

We will see the true effect of these guys come playoffs down the road. McCann also have the best ability to be one of the best forwards in the draft. Many people are jealous Canucks were able to draft this kid!

Guest Dasein

Its not too unrealistic to think, if he puts it all together next year that he could get 90-100 points. That would be great.

What's his team like? Do you know?

Does he have any decent linemates to play with?

What's his team like? Do you know?

Does he have any decent linemates to play with?

Well they are going to have McCann, Sergei Tolchinsky who was a big offensive player for them, Micheal Bunting who was picked in this draft aswell (I was hoping we would get him), he had a PPG last year and should improve.

Nurse is 50/50, he might stick in EDM, if not he would be an anchor for that team.

Blake Speers is a draft eligible player next year, he had 40 points in 60 games last year. He's a guy who could have an increase in point totals.

There are pieces there, they were 2nd in the OHL's western conference last year & they could be one of the better teams in that conference next season too.

I am hoping McCanns d play remains constant or improves, and face-offs increase and he has a 90+ pt season.

He is capable, and his numbers should jump , he has a chip on his shoulder and needs to earn his spot on WJHC, he better be there next yr!!

Archived