The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann | C/LW

avelanch

Really wanted Barbashev or Scherbak.

McCann has alot of tools, alot of skills, just needs to be more consistent, one shift he looks like he could be a great player, another he looks unenaged, but he can do it all. Make plays, snipe, play defense, play the PP.

Kind of redundant, but he might have the most natural talent out of the center's we have taken. He's a versatile guy, maybe he can move to the wing, who knows. Nice tools with him though, good upside.

No question he can be transferred to wing. But in all honesty we have far to many young 2 way centers. Who will we throw out to score goals? I am hoping we run for High risk high reward wingers and defense in the later rounds.

And hoping for Lemiuex in the 2nd at 36

Stop being a negative nancy, you were one of the first few on the Virtanen train back in April. Now you're all worried about goals and risky euros? Come on you know better. Simple comparison is the Oilers vs. Avelanche, both have had high picks in recent years, the Oilers went pure risky offense, while the Aves chose rounded players. One team is a playoff team, the other is in the basement.

Guest Dasein

A 17 YO kid feeling dejected because he slipped a lot? .. faces the reality that his future lies 3000 miles (5000 KM,ok!) away, and gets a mic shoved into his face so to speak .. he will be fine.

Thought and said this as well on the 1st page. Maybe this makes the prospect of leaving home even tougher:

Fact: When McCann turned 18, he got a tattoo in honour of his mother Erin, who has multiple sclerosis and also is battling cancer.

I am excited for this guy. 6' 180 pounds. Ranked 5th for hockey IQ in this draft. Was projected to be taken around 10-15. Also found a quote saying he takes a cold bath before every game because he is superstitious lol. Has a lot of potential to up his offensive side.

THW Ranking: #12

Other Rankings:

THW’s NHL Draft War Room – #12

Future Considerations – #10

ISS – #17

CS Final Rankings (North American skaters) – #10

Craig Button, TSN – #8

No question he can be transferred to wing. But in all honesty we have far to many young 2 way centers. Who will we throw out to score goals? I am hoping we run for High risk high reward wingers and defense in the later rounds.

Boston has a lot of 2 way centres too. Same as LA. Hawks have a good one too.

WANTED HIM WHEN WE WERE IN THE 10-15 RANGE. CALLED IT.

YAY FOR MCCANN, HELL OF A LOT OF UNTAPPED SKILL. NOT UTILIZED OFFENSIVELY ENOUGH FOR HIS DEFENSIVE GIFTS.

Whats with the yelling??.... you mad Bro?

i'm sure some of them can play wing

He has wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more offensive upside than Horvat and Gaunce combined Joe. This guy is fast, skilled, and has great instincts. No idea why that doesn't show up on his stats.

Sounds like he's a highly talented two way center, not gonna complain. We've got a few of those, but I'd like to be strong down the middle. There's no guarantee prospects turn out anyway, so eh. I'd have like a riskier, highly talented offensive player, but I'll take it.

As for his reaction, he seemed kinda flustered. Could be that he was disappointed to have been picked so low, could be that he wanted to be picked by someone else. Who knows, he's a young guy so I'll cut him some slack. Give him some time to let what's happened today sink in and I'm sure he'll be buying right in. Not worried.

Kopitar, Ricards, and Stoll are all two way centers. That term is too lose to describe the players you're describing.

Archived