The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Calm down everyone! Jared McCann has cleared the air.

Bure.10

Well wonder if it means we have a legitimate prospect on our hands since Botchford came out and said he didn't like the pick at all (said too similar to Guance)

I find I generally have close to the exact opposite opinions thoughts than he does, so hopefully this guy really pans out

That is the kind of 'endorsement' he needs .. show that hack 'some truth' further on down the road ..Botchford know as much about hockey as I do about a nunnery!

Guest Dasein

Seriously though, this needs to be pinned because still a lot of people going around thinking this kid doesn't like the Canucks...

Anyone else hear Trevor Linden say "It is what it is" on 1040?

Makes me wonder if he and McCann are similar in their mindsets.

so anyone who says "it is what it is" are similar in their mindset?

Jesus this fan base... this thing is already WAY overblown to Mars already... just stop this non sense. It makes some of the canucks fans look like some maniac.

Well wonder if it means we have a legitimate prospect on our hands since Botchford came out and said he didn't like the pick at all (said too similar to Guance)

I find I generally have close to the exact opposite opinions thoughts than he does, so hopefully this guy really pans out

Fixed it :P

Glad he cleared it up. Good experience for him in dealing with the fans and media and a good lesson in how he has to be very clear in what he says. Sounds like he handled it like a real pro. Good for him!

Hopefully no one attacked him because that was uncalled for, but having a question about what he meant wasn't an embarrassing fan reaction like some are saying. (Embarrassing is the people who jump to conclusions without proof or believe any random rumor they hear about a player.) This was just the result of a normal communication breakdown the likes of which happen everyday. People had questions and instead of just assuming what he meant and holding it against him they asked him directly, he answered to clear up the confusion and now everyone can move on to being mutually excited about his future with this franchise. Far from being an embarrassment, it's an example of how we can improve our relation with our players and them with us when we all remember to treat one another like actual human beings.

Archived