The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

On 2018-11-18 at 4:55 PM, Alflives said:

That’s a very astute observation.  It’s much like Elias and Bo doing extra now with .beagle and Sutter out.  

EP has already taken more face-offs than Nylander did in his entire 1st full season. He's being thrown in to the wolves a little bit with some harder matchups. He's been above 50% in 6/17 games which is still pretty impressive for a complete rookie and I'm sure a lot of that has to do with Manny's coaching

I was worried for Demko with Cloutier being his coach but thankfully they got a real one in now with Clark. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

From experience, if your Dad is impressed with your organization and publicly calls it "first class", you smile if you are GM (Benning/Johnson) as it sure helps when negotiations come around if Dad is telling you "stay put, you are in a great spot".   

Yeah...but...but the Utica posters say it is a crap organization? I mean..who do you believe???

LOL.

6 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Yeah...but...but the Utica posters say it is a crap organization? I mean..who do you believe???

LOL.

Actually if you read the tweet he was referring to the Comets and not the Canucks. ::D  Just joking but not really. 

What Demko's dad was tweeting about was the Comets Purple Heart night where they honored veterans. The Comets wore special purple and camo jerseys that were auctioned after the game with the proceeds going to support veteran programs in the Utica area.  A few of the jerseys went for over $2000 a piece. Both Demko and Bachman had special masks painted for the game but unfortunately neither were dressed for the game due to injury and call up.

This was a Robert Esche inspired event and that is what Demko's dad was referring to.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

????  He has lost less than two months.    Do you see what has happened to other players in AHL/NHL - losing a year is not uncommon with goalies at times.   This is a minor setback.

It does happen of course,  I thought this is a big year for Thatch's progression and a bummer that its started this way.

2 months is not a long time but at the same time, it was alot of quality time.

Anyway I was just speaking my mind, I have high hopes for Demko.

You would know better than I about such things.

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

EP has already taken more face-offs than Nylander did in his entire 1st full season. He's being thrown in to the wolves a little bit with some harder matchups. He's been above 50% in 6/17 games which is still pretty impressive for a complete rookie and I'm sure a lot of that has to do with Manny's coaching

I was worried for Demko with Cloutier being his coach but thankfully they got a real one in now with Clark. 

That is funny right there! lol.  I am eager to see any changes that happen after Clark has this year to work with Demko. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

Actually if you read the tweet he was referring to the Comets and not the Canucks. ::D  Just joking but not really. 

What Demko's dad was tweeting about was the Comets Purple Heart night where they honored veterans. The Comets wore special purple and camo jerseys that were auctioned after the game with the proceeds going to support veteran programs in the Utica area.  A few of the jerseys went for over $2000 a piece. Both Demko and Bachman had special masks painted for the game but unfortunately neither were dressed for the game due to injury and call up.

This was a Robert Esche inspired event and that is what Demko's dad was referring to.

It's the same organization!!!

Edit: I see what you did there. You blame the Canucks every day and twice on weekend days for being such crap and not planning ahead for the Comets. But now someone says something nice about the comets but it has nothing to do with the Canucks.  Haha yeah ok. 

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 hours ago, UticaHockey said:

You don't think the Comets management and Canuck management work on these things together?  You don't think a top prospect's Dad doesn't "get" that?   

• Like 1