The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

On 10/18/2015 at 12:33 PM, Alflives said:

Don't goalies take a bit longer, in most cases, to develop than the skaters? Maybe that's why we don't follow him so much, because he's still a few years away? How long did we wait for Schnieder?

We had a pretty solid blueline back in those days where Schneider often had Salo #5 on the depth chart.  Demko could have Poo (if Benning re-signs him) as the #5.

• Wat 1

18 minutes ago, artemchubarov said:

Looked shaky this season. Wonder if he's overhyped or just utilized wrong, like Green did with a lot of players in his AHL days. 

He looked 'shakey' playing his 2nd and 3rd NHL game after multiple long injury layoffs. Shocking.

His last four or five games he looked quite good and better each game. All he needs is to stay healthy and get play time.

Edited by aGENT
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, artemchubarov said:

Looked shaky this season. Wonder if he's overhyped or just utilized wrong, like Green did with a lot of players in his AHL days. 

Even with the slow NHL start, Demko's numbers are outstanding.  I'd trade Markstrom for a couple seconds right now.  Clearly Demko is going to take that starter job this coming season.  He's ready, and he's great!

Oh, Leafs and Flames SUCK, because they have crappy goal-tending!!!!

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Even with the slow NHL start, Demko's numbers are outstanding.  I'd trade Markstrom for a couple seconds right now.  Clearly Demko is going to take that starter job this coming season.  He's ready, and he's great!

Oh, Leafs and Flames SUCK, because they have crappy goal-tending!!!!

Elite

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, artemchubarov said:

He's looked just fine. You realize that players transitioning from any league to the NHL won't be perfect, right? 

Wait, of course you don't.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, artemchubarov said:

What do you mean this season? In the NHL he looked very very good aside from one game. 

He hasn't looked good today against Great Britain but he's still the better option over Schneider

• Upvote 3

On 4/6/2019 at 7:55 PM, Generational.EP40 said:

Let's not get too crazy, with greens systems not sure how much that can be maintained over an 82 game season. I was talking to my buddy last November and he said at the time to fire Green so we will see how it plays out. 

10 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

We had a pretty solid blueline back in those days where Schneider often had Salo #5 on the depth chart.  Demko could have Poo (if Benning re-signs him) as the #5.

They already said they won't. So....that isn't a thing.....

9 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

They already said they won't. So....that isn't a thing.....

They haven't qualified Poo before (last season) and still re-signed him.  Never say never.:wacko:  Regardless, still doesn't change the fact we don't have four top 4 D let alone 5 back in the Luongo/Schneider days.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

You were talking with your buddy last November about our hockey systems. And the two of you decided it would be best to fire Green?

:lol:

He didn't mention his buddy's name is Paolo :lol:

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:07 AM, artemchubarov said:

Let's not get too crazy, with greens systems not sure how much that can be maintained over an 82 game season. I was talking to my buddy last November and he said at the time to fire Green so we will see how it plays out. 

Say hi to fedor for me.

On 3/24/2019 at 10:18 PM, 5Fivehole0 said:

I still don't think Demko is NHL ready. He should have stayed down in Utica this season. Terrible move by GMJB

Wow.   He had a .911 SV% in Utica which improved to .913 SV% in NHL and would have been well over .920 if not for a return from injury game.    

This is an elite NHL ready netminder.   

Wow.

Edited by Rob_Zepp
Had to add another Wow given nature of the "Terrible Move" comment