Sign in to follow this  
Drouin

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

this ^ is kind of what i was thinking. 

I think we should try to sign Marky at a reasonable term. I don't want Marky at 5-6 years tho. So if e..g, a team like Calgary throws 6.5 x 6 at him I think we should walk from that, and pair Demko with an older veteran on a 1 or 2 year deal. 

In the meantime, we do as @aGENT suggested and really improve the d group. 

Really though, I think he ends up under a pretty reasonable +/- $5.5 x 4 deal.

From there, the team has to decide who else stays and goes. Some of which of course depends on how the league decides to address the revenue/cap issue.

From there, do we move Stecher's rights or can we re-sign him for something near $2m? Trade any of Benn, Roussel, Sutter or Baer (some likely with retention or in Baer's case, buyout)? Do we bring Tanev back or make a trade for a younger D to play with Hughes longer term and apply his cap there? Can we re-sign Toffoli?

There's a lot up on the air there. Hopefully the next week or so there's more clarity on the league's plans and then the real fun begins.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

On 5/20/2020 at 1:32 AM, N4ZZY said:

Do we have cap space? Since that’s kind of the issue with a few dead contracts. 

That's to be determined on what happens with compliance buyouts and/or JB's ability to ship out dead contracts.

A lot of what we're arguing about hinges on it. We could get a couple buyouts then we can re-sign everyone and sign a D. We could not get anything and not ship out everyone and lose out on two of Tanev, Toffoli and Marky.

So we will see what happens eventually.

On 5/20/2020 at 8:37 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

this ^ is kind of what i was thinking. 

I think we should try to sign Marky at a reasonable term. I don't want Marky at 5-6 years tho. So if e..g, a team like Calgary throws 6.5 x 6 at him I think we should walk from that, and pair Demko with an older veteran on a 1 or 2 year deal. 

In the meantime, we do as @aGENT suggested and really improve the d group. 

Why Not Both? / Why Don't We Have Both? | Know Your Meme

TBD though with what happens.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Why Not Both? / Why Don't We Have Both? | Know Your Meme

TBD though with what happens.

fingers crossed for a compliance buyout of Loui so we can do that. 

22 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

fingers crossed for a compliance buyout of Loui so we can do that. 

Would definitely be the most ideal of situations if we can re-sign everyone and have enough to add a solid top 6 D. A top 6 with Boeser/Toffoli and a Dillion/Edmundson in the top 6 to play with a Tryamkin? That's mouth drooling to think about. 

I for sure want to see us improve and take another step forward next year if possible.

• Hydration 2