The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

37 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Right, so it's about "a couple of our kids".  They are also looking at signing college FAs.

Actually you're right. I listened to the audio again. He was speaking generally about signing prospects.

Edited by Salmonberries

On 2014-06-28 at 7:59 AM, thad said:

Virtanen McCann Demko Bonino Sbisa Dorsett Vey. What a haul so far!

Sorry not to pick on you, I just found this amusing :P

Anyways, Thatcher and the comets with another win today, he stopped 24/25 in a 2-1 win!

He's getting much better as the season's gone on. Hopefully he's the starter all the way next season, plays big minutes and big games and ideally gets some playoff action too.

If he continues this trajectory he'll have a Schneider-like AHL season next year. He's certainly got the pedigree and potential. Then slot him into the NHL the following season.

21 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Demko on NHL: If that's in the cards for next year, great. But if not, and I'm back in Utica next year, I'll take advantage of that as well

Thought it was great that he mentioned he texted Bachman after his win v Ducks and how it was a priority to try and watch the game down on the farm. Speaks to the growth of the Canucks top to bottom and how the young players are totally engaged. It also make me think maybe the Canucks can survive with a Markstrom Bachman tandem next year with Demko ready/willing/able to step in when the time comes. Miller's $$ can be used elsewhere and we open up the pathway for Thatcher. With Miller back he's almost definitely Utica bound and I'd rather him believe there is an opportunity if he earns it.  

4 hours ago, JamesB said:

Another good night for Demko. Talk about on a roll. Is he really as good as he has been over the past 6 games? That is a fairly small sample, but he seems to have made a lot of progress this year. Cory Schneider 2.0.

He'll be better than Schneider. Bigger, stronger, faster. Future Vezina trophy candidate.  He has all the tools to be a top 5 goalie in the NHL. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

He'll be better than Schneider. Bigger, stronger, faster. Future Vezina trophy candidate.  He has all the tools to be a top 5 goalie in the NHL. 

And Schneider wasn't a top 5 goalie before this year? Still, really excited about how Demko is looking though. If he turns out like Schnieds at all, we got a steal