The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure he stated two years time because he already has contract obligations to the khl. He can't sign a contract with Vancouver until that contract is over because of some khl nhl agreement.

Correct. He has said that he has a KHL contract for two more years and he wants to honour the contract.

• Upvote 2

I hope he stays in the KHL for the full two years. It is better for his development. Positioning and skating speed are his two biggest obstacles in developing into an NHL player. The KHL is a better and faster league than the AHL and it's played on big ice. If he can be a 20 minute D-man on big ice, he will be forced to learn excellent positioning. In turn, this will greatly help him transition to the north american game.

That being said, I doubt we will every see him in the NHL. He will make more money in the KHL than he will in the NHL. Especially if he becomes a superstar in the KHL (they will overpay to keep a Russian in their league).

Guest Dasein

Does the KHL play on the same size rink as we do or an olympic size one?

Our ice is called North-American-sized rinks so I think everywhere else in the world plays in Olympic size.

I hope he stays in the KHL for the full two years. It is better for his development. Positioning and skating speed are his two biggest obstacles in developing into an NHL player. The KHL is a better and faster league than the AHL and it's played on big ice. If he can be a 20 minute D-man on big ice, he will be forced to learn excellent positioning. In turn, this will greatly help him transition to the north american game.

That being said, I doubt we will every see him in the NHL. He will make more money in the KHL than he will in the NHL. Especially if he becomes a superstar in the KHL (they will overpay to keep a Russian in their league).

Money isn't the only factor in a player's decision to play. Tryamkin's stated he wants to make the jump, and he came over to North America to attend this year's draft in person and to do a few interviews with NHL teams - something a guy who doesn't want to come over would not do.

• Upvote 2

Funny Gilbert Brule plays on the same team Avtomoblist.

whats up with the KHL 3 teams have the same name....All in the Western Conference,...both Minsk and Riga same Division.

Dynamo Moscow

Dinamo Minsk

Dinamo Riga

they must of learned how too name teams from the CFL 2 Rough Rider teams.

KHL has 3 teams outa 28 named the same. = 10.7% having the same name.

CFL has 2 teams out 9 named the same. = 22.2% having the same name.

so Canada wins ......but it forfeits the win with Ottawa renaming to the RedBlacks.

I was thinking, does the KHL season end earlier than the NHL season? If by chance Tryamkin's team doesn't make the playoffs is he allowed to come over and play if we assigned him to Utica or sign him to a contract to play in Vancouver?

Is that allowed or prohibited by his contract?

I think he would have to pass through entry waivers. Just remain patient and continue his developement

Not while he's still under the KHL contract. It's not like a junior player that's finished their season and can come play in the AHL or NHL, think of it more like a college player who (if he wants to go back to college the next season) can't play in another professional league). If they want to void their college eligibility, they can choose to play pro and not look back.

Of course, Tryamkin can't just choose to leave the KHL if he wants. He'd either have to buy out of his deal there or wait for it to finish. I highly doubt we see him before those two years are up.

isnt that the Reio Rutsilainen (sp) rule?

isnt that the Reio Rutsilainen (sp) rule?

No idea who that is, but it's the KHL/NHL agreement where they won't sign players under contract already in the opposing league. Tryamkin and his KHL team would have to agree to buy out his contract if he wanted to leave early for the NHL.

I think he would have to pass through entry waivers. Just remain patient and continue his developement

Actually, that's only for players signing with a team other than the one that last held their rights (to accommodate both UFAs and RFAs). Since the Canucks hold his rights in the NHL after drafting him, if he came over after having already played part of the season in the KHL then he wouldn't have to pass through waivers.

The Ryan O'Reilly example covers it well, where he would have had to clear waivers to play with Calgary (since they didn't hold his RFA rights) but there was no waivers for him to return to Colorado.

Our ice is called North-American-sized rinks so I think everywhere else in the world plays in Olympic size.

Money isn't the only factor in a player's decision to play. Tryamkin's stated he wants to make the jump, and he came over to North America to attend this year's draft in person and to do a few interviews with NHL teams - something a guy who doesn't want to come over would not do.

Not only that, but as a low point producing defensive dman he probably will make more in the NHL. A forward who would be a star in the KHL but can barely hold a spot in the NHL will make way more. Outside of the top 100 highest paid players in the league (which would constitute the best players on their team for their position) players in the KHL make less than 1 million per annum. Unless Tryamkin becomes a 30+ point defenseman in the KHL I could see him earning more here.

What's up with our offensive D. prospects?

Subban is tearing it up but all the rest are tearing me up... Tree has 1 point in 17 games, Forsling has 2 in 11 games, Hutton has 0 in 4, Mceneny has 2 in 7 games.

The first 2 are playing in men's leagues but are getting minutes...hopefully it starts to happen for them soon.

Who said he was offensive?