The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Size doesn't always equate to an easier path to success in the NHL. Especially for Dmen in the NHL. These world class NHLers will skate circles around them and beat them to the front of the net from the corners. TREE needs a lot of developing to do and in my opinion the sooner he gets to North America the better for his development.

Look at Nikita Nikitin for the Oilers. one of the worst free agent signings in years!! Big framed Russian Dman who has absolutely no hockey sense and lacks NHL calibre skating. 6'5 230lbs of pylon

Size doesn't always equate to an easier path to success in the NHL. Especially for Dmen in the NHL. These world class NHLers will skate circles around them and beat them to the front of the net from the corners. TREE needs a lot of developing to do and in my opinion the sooner he gets to North America the better for his development.

Look at Nikita Nikitin for the Oilers. one of the worst free agent signings in years!! Big framed Russian Dman who has absolutely no hockey sense and lacks NHL calibre skating. 6'5 230lbs of pylon

Get our boy some figure skating lessons.

I just have to say something about the Russia defencemen during the 2014 World Juniors. They were all massive, all looked like giants and were physical. The Americans, Canadians, Europeans were fast and got the puck first on the forecheck but when they had their back turned toward the defencemen, they got nailed right into the wall. Not many penalties were called but those Russia defencemen were looking to kill others, every chance they got they would rail players into the boards.

I wasn't sure which was Tryamkin but they were all giants, all very physical.

I still remember Tryamkin offensively though, he's actually a really good skater like Sbisa, he played on the PP and PK.

Is he playing the subway series?

I don't think he's eligible since he's, well, a professional hockey player. I don't know the details to the eligibility but it wouldn't make much sense for a pro to be able to suit up for games against junior players.

EDIT: Apparently there's a KHL player playing in the game tonight, although he's 19 years old. I guess it's just an age thing then.

Edited by Canucks1219

I encourage everyone to watch it and watch the whole thing. I think we have a gem in him!!!!!

Yeah, I'm subscribed to the user (who I think is a Canucks fan) and he does tons of prospect videos. Usually for players eligible for upcoming drafts. I remember him uploading this not too long after we drafted Tryamkin. Guy is a tree.

hes a good skater though, so no.

• Upvote 1

One of Trymakin's biggest attributes is skating. That won't be a problem.

If this guy can turn into a punishing defensive defenceman with 1 assist per season, he hit his ceiling.

Imagine this giant, ugly, man yelling and raging infront of the net. That is what we need on this team.

Legit fear maker and soul taker.

Does he really have to be ugly though?

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I'm subscribed to the user (who I think is a Canucks fan) and he does tons of prospect videos. Usually for players eligible for upcoming drafts. I remember him uploading this not too long after we drafted Tryamkin. Guy is a tree.

His name is Feebster from Hfboards

I encourage everyone to watch it and watch the whole thing. I think we have a gem in him!!!!!

Nice.

Haven't really paid much attention to this kid, but man he looks intriguing.

Can skate really well for a big guy, can poke-check from across the street (as Ferraro says), appears willing to use his size to rub guys out and make guys pay a price for standing in front of the net. He was giving that Swede standing in front of the crease quite the work-over. He appears to know where to be in the offensive zone.

So why wasn't this guy not drafter sooner? Is he simply a late bloomer or is it a matter of consistency? Regardless I really like what I see. Hopefully he comes over in the next couple of years. The resemblance of his game to Chara is amazing.

real smooth skater, crease clearing D man - looks like the player this franchise has never had, the kind of D man that legit intimidates the opposition and can wear down opposing players over the course of a series.

I hope he comes to NA - real nice scouting and JB showed some legit balls in picking this guy.

In 2009 at the WJCs, Tavares was beaking the US bench so much after his shootout goal that the next guy that did it (all of them were) got smacked in the head mid chirp. I think it was Della Rovere. Supposedly that's why the linesman is always placed in front of the bench during shootouts at the WJCs now. Hodgson was on that team.

Classic junior hockey games are in heavy rotation on ESPN Classic Canada, as are a lot of classic NHL and Senior international games.

edit I confused 2 different games :blush:

Tavares was beaking the US bench after his regulation goals in the prelim round

Edited by Amish Rake Fighter