The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

On 12/3/2017 at 6:42 AM, JamesBlondage said:

"Those coaches were bent on getting more aggression out of Tryamkin, which isn’t one of his strengths. This was talked about openly by the coaches and there were reports Thursday that staff showed Tryamkin videos of Chris Pronger, asking him basically to do the impossible, which is “be like Pronger"

this is from an article by Jason Botchford, about paragraph 14 or so...

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/jason-botchford-defenceman-tryamkin-takes-offence-and-bolts-canucks-for-russia

On 11/27/2017 at 9:02 AM, aGENT said:

No kidding (on both points).

Encouraging him to use some of his Gordie-given size and be more aggressive is not 'bad coaching'. The guy's huge, he SHOULD use that to his advantage, along with his skating, reach etc. 

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the coaches encouraging him to utilize his size to clear the crease, separate players from the puck etc. Pronger was a hell of D man, NT could emulate that without becoming an 'mean a-hole'.

• Upvote 3

Money talks and bull droppings walks. 

I think a guaranteed contract in the NHL will draw him back.

I think Tryamkin and his family know he took a huge pay cut to play closer to home.

Bottom line is I think his family will see the benefit of him coming back to the Canucks organization.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Is this just your opinion?

.. or do you have some kind of fact or information you can verify that he has said that?

Opinion. I just think that the situation left a bad taste in his mouth...

Would i like him back? Absolutely, but not holding high hopes. 

I feel like many are really overthinking this. Kid was 21, got married, moved to a new country and didn't have the best experience he was probably hoping for here in NA. I don't blame him, he had the option to move back to his country, get paid, play an increased role, and be comfortable in his surroundings, who wouldn't say yes to that?

As for the Pronger topic, it all depends on the approach. It's not bad to watch video and ask a player to improve a certain aspect, but to ask them to be someone they aren't is unacceptable. We don't know the conversations behind the scenes, so it's unfair to say. The thing I love most about Greener is he understands communication with every player is different. To play every player at their strengths, and that teaching varies depending on the person because everyone learns/develops differently.

If Nikita comes back, he would round out our left side quite nicely, here's hoping he does.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

A new coach would probably be a plus as far as Tryamkins desires to return go.  Losing his buddy Sbisa hurts though.  Maybe Goldobin lights it up and becomes a Russian buddy prospect.  hard to say.

I read some time ago that the number 1 reason why people quit a new job or drop out of school is because they felt no connection (lack of friends, lack of acknowledgement, feel like they're not a part of something).  I think this was a big factor for Trymakin. His English was not very good, I imagine connecting to people would have been difficult.  He even admitting to being homesick as his reason to l leave.  If this was in fact the case, I think it would be unlikely that he would return to the Canucks.  Big money might be the only thing that could entice him.  Or more Russian teammates maybe?

I dunno, I'm not a psychologist... lol.

I do not think that his team Avtomobilist is going to survive. An avg. attendance of 4.2 k  per game does not pay a professional salary... I think the Vancouver Giants avg. more.

Where his agent say’s “things can change in a instant” ,  might well be reading into that situation.

Edited by SilentSam

29 minutes ago, 2011 said:

A new coach would probably be a plus as far as Tryamkins desires to return go.  Losing his buddy Sbisa hurts though.  Maybe Goldobin lights it up and becomes a Russian buddy prospect.  hard to say.

I read some time ago that the number 1 reason why people quit a new job or drop out of school is because they felt no connection (lack of friends, lack of acknowledgement, feel like they're not a part of something).  I think this was a big factor for Trymakin. His English was not very good, I imagine connecting to people would have been difficult.  He even admitting to being homesick as his reason to l leave.  If this was in fact the case, I think it would be unlikely that he would return to the Canucks.  Big money might be the only thing that could entice him.  Or more Russian teammates maybe?

I dunno, I'm not a psychologist... lol.

Speaking from experience I've been in St Albert for 3 years and I'm trying to come back to BC. You can have as many good coworkers as you want and I still feel isolated, I mean there's not a single family member here. Tryamkin is pretty much my age and I understand why he left, Vancouver was so sudden and he left everything, he still wants to play in the NHL but he's still young.

• Upvote 3

On 12/3/2017 at 2:42 PM, JamesBlondage said:

"Those coaches were bent on getting more aggression out of Tryamkin, which isn’t one of his strengths. This was talked about openly by the coaches and there were reports Thursday that staff showed Tryamkin videos of Chris Pronger, asking him basically to do the impossible, which is “be like Pronger"

this is from an article by Jason Botchford, about paragraph 14 or so...

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/jason-botchford-defenceman-tryamkin-takes-offence-and-bolts-canucks-for-russia

This is what Botchford said, was he there? No he wasn't so stop using a third hand source to support your delusions. No one trusts Botchford on here as he just likes to sh-- all over the Canucks with made up BS like this.

26 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I do not think that his team Avtomobilist is going to survive. An avg. attendance of 4.2 k  per game does not pay a professional salary... I think the Vancouver Giants avg. more.

Where his agent say’s “things can change in a instant” ,  might well be reading into that situation.

Kind of amazing that Yekaterinburg, Russia’s 4th largest city with a population of roughly 1.5 million people, can only draw ~4,200 a night (and that’s in a 5,570 capacity arena).

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

This is what Botchford said, was he there? No he wasn't so stop using a third hand source to support your delusions. No one trusts Botchford on here as he just likes to sh-- all over the Canucks with made up BS like this.

Maybe you should go back to the beginning of the conversation asshole. Read the whole convo don't just jump into the middle and pretend you know what anybody is talking about!!

6 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Kind of amazing that Yekaterinburg, Russia’s 4th largest city with a population of roughly 1.5 million people, can only draw ~4,200 a night (and that’s in a 5,570 capacity arena).

Unless there are huge TV contracts,. I don’t know how that league survives?  It’s as thought it should be a league of 12-18 teams.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Unless there are huge TV contracts,. I don’t know how that league survives?  It’s as thought it should be a league of 12-18 teams.

Oligarch owners help. Although this does create some instability based on various whims like the global oil market and whoever Putin decides needs poisoning any given week.

17 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

10 minutes ago, Derp... said:

Arent they one of the better KHL teams in terms of attendance too? 

16th of 18 russian clubs I counted,.  And the avg. attendance to a KHL game is just over 6k per night.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

16th of 18 russian clubs I counted,.  And the avg. attendance to a KHL game is just over 6k per night.

I wonder what their ticket prices are too.  I don't think they could nearly be enough to offset costs.  Plus, there aren't a lot of wealthy enough people to afford tickets that are too expensive over there, are there?