The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Botchford is an exaggerator and a fabulist, some might say truth never occurs to him.

"Being mean and dirty, like Pronger, wasn’t one of Tryamkin’s best skills. Skating was. And the Canucks’ defence can actually use all the good skaters it can find." but then comes clean with something probably nearer the truth.

"The issue definitely wasn’t helped by urging him to be more aggressive. "

Here it is Botchford who chooses the description "mean and dirty" when in fact most in the game, including the Sedins and Linden choose to exalt his many fine qualities, qualities which saw him recieve the Hart and Norris trophies. Why do you think Botchford does that? 

"Those coaches were bent on getting more aggression out of Tryamkin, which isn’t one of his strengths. This was talked about openly by the coaches and there were reports Thursday that staff showed Tryamkin videos of Chris Pronger, asking him basically to do the impossible, which is “be like Pronger.”

There is nothing at all wrong with wanting a 6'7" 250lbs player to play more aggressively and as the videos prove it could well have been one of his strengths if properly coached. We note that it is Botchford who decides what is possible and indeed what part of Prongers vast array of skills Tryamkin was being asked to develop.

Anyone looking through the article will see it FILLED with these kind of perceived proxy slights which are without source and designed to stir up controversy and suspicion amongst the fan base. He lives for these type of inflammatory articles replacing good reporting, truth and integrity with hearsay, half-truths and supposition.

Edited by alfstonker

28 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

Maybe you should go back to the beginning of the conversation asshole. Read the whole convo don't just jump into the middle and pretend you know what anybody is talking about!!

I have read it and no he wasn't there. He is putting his own twist on everything he has read second hand.

1 minute ago, alfstonker said:

I have read it and no he wasn't there. He is putting his own twist on everything he has read second hand.

Obviously you have not read the whole conversation. The previous poster (Boudrias) stated he had never heard the story about Tryamkin being asked to play like Pronger. All I did was provide him the link to the story. At no point did I say I believed Botchford or that it actually happened. I simply stated that the story was out there and provided the link to the story. Are we done yet?!

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I wonder what their ticket prices are too.  I don't think they could nearly be enough to offset costs.  Plus, there aren't a lot of wealthy enough people to afford tickets that are too expensive over there, are there?

I found that it’s roughly 1600 rubles for a high price ticket.

46.4 rubbles = 1 CDN 

1600 div by 46.4 = 34.48 a ticket.

to add: from “Sputnik news”..

Currently the minimum wage in Russia is at 5,965 rubles ($88.5) per month, which works out to be $0.55 per hour when calculated based on a 40-hour work week.Mar 20, 2016

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

Obviously you have not read the whole conversation. The previous poster (Boudrias) stated he had never heard the story about Tryamkin being asked to play like Pronger. All I did was provide him the link to the story. At no point did I say I believed Botchford or that it actually happened. I simply stated that the story was out there and provided the link to the story. Are we done yet?!

7 hours ago, JamesBlondage said:

I think you missed the point. They wanted Nikita to play like Pronger, not just physical but mean as hell, and that's not in his personality...

:ph34r:

And the post that sparked it all that you were attempting to prop up with Botch-turd's 'article':

On 12/2/2017 at 2:24 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

Asking Tryamkin to go out of his character and be a bully a-la-Pronger was the most idiotic idea to try and impose on a player new to the country, in his first year in the league.  

There's is no evidence the team attempted to turn Tryamkin in to a 'bully' or be 'mean as hell'. Most likely, they were encouraging him to use his natural strengths, which includes his size, to be a better defenseman.

The horror :rolleyes:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, aGENT said:

:ph34r:

And the post that sparked it all that you were attempting to prop up with Botch-turd's 'article':

There's is no evidence the team attempted to turn Tryamkin in to a 'bully' or be 'mean as hell'. Most likely, they were encouraging him to use his natural strengths, which includes his size, to be a better defenseman.

The horror :rolleyes:

Okay more people twisting my words. Obviously nobody wants to read the whole conversation...

I posted a link to an article for a poster who had not heard the story that WD and his staff wanted Tryamkin to play mean and bullyish like Pronger...

I myself never stated I thought this is what happened. Merely that the story had made the rounds and here was the link to said story. 

1 minute ago, JamesBlondage said:

Okay more people twisting my words. Obviously nobody wants to read the whole conversation...

I posted a link to an article for a poster who had not heard the story that WD and his staff wanted Tryamkin to play mean and bullyish like Pronger...

I myself never stated I thought this is what happened. Merely that the story had made the rounds and here was the link to said story. 

I have twisted nothing. That as an exact quote. From you.

7 hours ago, JamesBlondage said:

I think you missed the point. They wanted Nikita to play like Pronger, not just physical but mean as hell, and that's not in his personality...

But carry on...

fd6.gif

• Upvote 1

You've done it again. Only reading half the conversation. Go back to my first post and read from there...it was a reply to Boudrias who said he had not seen nor heard the story and asked for someone to post a link. All I did was provide a link for him and now everyone's attacking my post...

Edited by JamesBlondage

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I found that it’s roughly 1600 rubles for a high price ticket.

46.4 rubbles = 1 CDN 

1600 div by 46.4 = 34.48 a ticket.

to add: from “Sputnik news”..

Currently the minimum wage in Russia is at 5,965 rubles ($88.5) per month, which works out to be $0.55 per hour when calculated based on a 40-hour work week.Mar 20, 2016

So the price of a ticket is two week's pay?  That's insane!  No way can that league survive.

25 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

You've done it again. Only reading half the conversation. Go back to my first post and read from there...it was a reply to Boudrias who said he had not seen nor heard the story and asked for someone to post a link. All I did was provide a link for him and now everyone's attacking my post...

Well aware of the full conversation and your above post that was clearly taking Botch-turd's article as fact and both supporting and furthering it. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

Well aware of the full conversation and your above post that was clearly taking Botch-turd's article as fact and both supporting and furthering it. 

I never said I was supporting him don't put words in my mouth. I am done with this conversation! By the way Tryamkin left because of Desjardins, the worst damn coach the Canucks have EVER had...

Edited by StealthNuck
Personal attack removed.

3 hours ago, JamesBlondage said:

I never said I was supporting him don't put words in my mouth. I am done with this conversation! By the way Tryamkin left because of Desjardins, the worst damn coach the Canucks have EVER had...

Again...

12 hours ago, JamesBlondage said:

...DIRECT QUOTE FROM YOU. PRESENTED AS FACT.

Glass houses and all that...

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So the price of a ticket is two week's pay?  That's insane!  No way can that league survive.

Back in '74 I am standing infront of the Lidsiki (?) Palace in Moscow waiting to go into Canada WHA vs the Russians. Lots of kids trading pins for sticks of gum. A whole raft of KGB guys show up and start packing the kids off to a paddy wagon. 8, 9, 10, 11 year old kids. Kids crying. Later when Howie Meeker was talking about the Russians bugging the hotel rooms I heard that fans (when I got back) were laughing about 'old' Howie exaggerating the story. He wasn't, I was in the hotel lobby each morning when he talked to us, it happened. 

Nope my room wasn't bugged which was a good thing as this little old Ukranian guy I shared a room with had a stack of US$'s he was trading diamonds for. Well, that's another story. :) 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Again...

...DIRECT QUOTE FROM YOU. PRESENTED AS FACT.

Glass houses and all that...

Direct quote. Yes 1 portion of 10 quotes...pick and choose all you like. Like I said I am done...good night...

3 minutes ago, JamesBlondage said:

Direct quote. Yes 1 portion of 10 quotes...pick and choose all you like. Like I said I am done...good night...

That it's one quote among more does nothing to change the intent of the post which was to prop up a ridiculous article and present it's conjecture as fact.

'night.

Edited by aGENT

• -SN- locked this topic
  • -SN- unlocked this topic
10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If Tryamkin comes back next season, does he get a new deal?  How much would he get, and for how long?  

Hypothetically if he did, I don't think we should commit to hard or long on him.  With no certainty that he will stay for a second round, you try to find a happy medium.  I'd be okay at around 2.5-3 mil range for a few years.  Anything higher than that, he would need to prove his loyalty to stay by playing out that contract faithfully.

• Upvote 1