The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Hypothetically speaking, if and when Nik's season is over in the KHL, and say Canucks are competing for playoff spot/or very likely are in a playoff contention position, would you spring to bring back Nikita?  And would he have to clear waivers considering he is playing over in Europe and signing him midseason?

Not that it would be likely, but wonder if being a compeitive team also entices him to comeback.

6 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

So do I. But when I went to school, we learned about business. People who wanted to learn how to teach others got BEds, not BComms. Education is what Willie studied, not Commerce. Your post does not make sense.

Last I checked, you needed communication skills in both.

(Or you just went to university to party...)

Edited by The Lock

2 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Hypothetically speaking, if and when Nik's season is over in the KHL, and say Canucks are competing for playoff spot/or very likely are in a playoff contention position, would you spring to bring back Nikita?  And would he have to clear waivers considering he is playing over in Europe and signing him midseason?

Not that it would be likely, but wonder if being a compeitive team also entices him to comeback.

Hell yes I would bring him back.  

I'd have no issues giving Nikita 4 million per year if he's willing to sign a 4 year contract.  

The way that it's set up though, he's got two more years left on his KHL contract after this one, so I think that we won't see him for a couple more years.  

6 hours ago, The Lock said:

Last I checked, you needed communication skills in both.

(Or you just went to university to party...)

When discussing Willie's ability to teach Tram, a degree in teaching is obviously relevant. A degree in Commerce does not teach you how to teach others. As you should know if you have one. You seem to be being willfully obtuse.

6 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I'd have no issues giving Nikita 4 million per year if he's willing to sign a 4 year contract.  

Cool.   What would you have him do for you?   Would you loan him out to the Canucks and charge them a fee or are you just independently wealthy and like huge Russian guys on your staff?

• Cheers 2

The KHL is not a reliable measure of a players game IMHO. Tryamkin has to prove himself in the NHL before he gets a contract for duration and value. He has all the ingredients of a solid prospect and I only wish he had got coached by Green before he decided to leave. 

• Cheers 1

On 12/6/2017 at 7:48 AM, WeneedLumme said:

When discussing Willie's ability to teach Tram, a degree in teaching is obviously relevant. A degree in Commerce does not teach you how to teach others. As you should know if you have one. You seem to be being willfully obtuse.

Then why did I have a course in teaching others in commerce?

Assumptions much?

3 hours ago, The Lock said:

Then why did I have a course in teaching others in commerce?

Assumptions much?

Apparently in your mind A course taught you as much or more about teaching as those who have an entire degree in teaching. Much like someone who took A high school course in business assuming that they learned as much or more about business as you learned in half a decade while earning a BComm. Arrogant much?

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

Apparently in your mind A course taught you as much or more about teaching as those who have an entire degree in teaching. Much like someone who took A high school course in business assuming that they learned as much or more about business as you learned in half a decade while earning a BComm. Arrogant much?

Huh? Again, assumptions much?

I never said any of those things; yet, you want to force your own spin on what I said in order to come up with an argument. A little hypocritical then to start calling one arrogant when you start making assumptions in an arrogant manner.

Anyway, this isn't a conversation anymore for this thread. If you actually have a problem with me, then take it up with me in private messages. I hate spamming threads with blabber like this.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

So Tryamkin didn’t play in Avto’s game today. Not sure why. Maybe the match penalty last game triggered a suspension (although I haven’t seen anything to this effect from the KHL’s disciplinary body). Or maybe injured?

He was suspended for one game.

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2017 at 8:14 AM, Rob_Zepp said:

Cool.   What would you have him do for you?   Would you loan him out to the Canucks and charge them a fee or are you just independently wealthy and like huge Russian guys on your staff?

Mainly the latter...  I'm going for an independent estate up in British Properties and need every Russian or Colombian that I can get on my security staff.  

35 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

He was suspended for one game.

Makes sense. Just strange it’s not coming up on the KHL website with the other suspensions this week.

I kinda forgot about that 5+20 penalty (for offensive gestures) he got earlier in the year. Last game was his second 5+20 penalty of the season, which I believe triggers an automatic 1 game suspension.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1