The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

On 12/6/2017 at 8:23 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

there's a "defected reserve list"? huh. 

I was finally over this and now it seems its going to keep going and going, like Coronation Street. 

Makes me wonder if that is the reason why we had Denis Grot, Ilya Kablukov, and Krill Koltsov on "In the system" page for years on Canucks.com haha.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Sounds promising tbh, probably best not to trade Goldobin anytime soon.B)

Call me crazy. First, the Twitter picture of his beautiful family rocking Canucks gear. 

The WD  is gone. mean

More money. sure agents pushing that lol.

Are the Canucks allowed to talk to his agent with numbers? They could include his buyout in the contract

Allows us to trade guddy at the TDL if anything was actually being set up for next season

The fact of how good he has played Him and his agent know A no short show me a deal, And more money Based on last year and this year he has proved at 23 he is already a top 3 d with huge potential to put up points.

Edler OJ DP  pretty damn good left side . all can put up points. All can eat minutes Tram and Edler are solid in their zone. While DP keeps improving

This is one guy I would really like to see back here. The earliest I think we would see him, would be after next year's KHL season. If he indicates a strong desire to come back, and continues to play as well, or even better continues to improve, I could see the Canucks exploring a buy out of his contract...if such a transaction can actually take place. Think about this for a D core in the 19-20 season for us:

MDZ - Tanev

Tryamkin - Joulevi

Pouliott - Stetcher (or Guddy, or Hutton)

Chatfield/Brisebois

I think we could be rather competitive with that. How 'bout you guys?

Decided to do some research into this "defected reserve list" mentioned in the article and this is what capfriendly says https://www.capfriendly.com/reserve-list-faq

What are the exclusive signing rights for Non-North American Drafted Players [Leagues with No NHL Transfer Agreement]?

Example leagues with no existing NHL transfer agreement are:
  • KHL
  • NLA/NLB (Switzerland)
DRAFT AGE BONA-FIDE OFFER EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS RETAINED SOURCE
18 or 19 Not required Indefinitely  
20 or older Not required Indefinitely  
Additional Details:
  • The NHL club must tag the player as “Defected” and place them on their 90 player reserve list.
  • If the player moves to a league that the NHL does have a Transfer Agreement with (Sweden or Finland), at that moment the Club must sign the Player or lose its exclusive rights to negotiate. 
  • The player becomes a UFA once their contract signing age is 27 (age 27 on June 30 of the year preceding the first year of their contract).

One example was Calgary Flames held Chad Billins (remember him?) as he defected to Europe at age 24, and once he turned 27, he signed with Vancouver the summer of 2016.  

Nothing really changes, we hold Nikita's signing rights until 2022.  Once its past 2022 June 30th, he is free to sign elsewhere, but if he decides to go into Sweden or Europe before then, we lose his rights earlier according to the rules above.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/12/2017 at 10:59 PM, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Makes me wonder if that is the reason why we had Denis Grot, Ilya Kablukov, and Krill Koltsov on "In the system" page for years on Canucks.com haha.

Flashbacks! Kolsov was a damn shame. He had karlsson like speed and dangle  just didnt play his own end and never hung out to work on it. Had he been patient and not homesick i think he would have been a bell of a player for us. Definitely one of the best in his generation never to play in the NHL.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

I don't agree with the idea of trading Gudbranson. The guy is huge, logs big minutes, steady defensively, physically intimidating, fights well. All that and he is still only 25.

I see Gudbranson wearing an A while Horvat wears the C for many years to come. 

I would only get rid of players that are in their high 20s or early 30s.

This team will be a playoff team in 2 years. Next year even if all goes well but I would rather that they don't peak so early and continue to build for 2 more years. 

By the 2020 playoffs , Gudbranson is only 28 and will be the veteran leadership on this team allowing us 3-5 years of playoff runs before the next rebuild. 

Although I agree with you, a team doesn’t magically go from being a bottom feeder to a contender. 

There are two or three years of being a fringe playoff team and we need to get there next year.

19 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

does he even want to come back? 

I do think he could come back in a couple years. Maybe after the Canucks finished in the bottom 3 two years in a row he thought playing in Russia (be close to family and have a shot at the olympics) instead of a rebuilding team was his smart play. In a couple years as the Canucks start to get better I could see Tryamkin coming back! He’s gonna want to play with Rasmus Dahlin ;)!

Watched Automobilist win in the shootout (Nik Jensen scored a shootout goal for Jokerit lol)

Tryamkin was great along the boards again,  and had a great poke check again, looked lean and skated well (ALMOST had a breakaway in OT).

But I think he's built more for the NHL. There's to much room in the KHL,  lots of neutral space to hide, which masks some deficiencies. 

The game finished 2-2 tied but with all that room I was expecting to see more offensive creativity. In this regard,  I think I saw that the NHL 

is more creative in a lot of ways. ie more talented.

Try didn't hit near as much (too much room to avoid him I think) He probably misses the hitting he can do in the NHL, where he can close in better.

The refereeing is way more neutral there too, and hardly noticeable, which I'm sure Tryamkin likes a lot better than what we get here in VanCity.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Watched Automobilist win in the shootout (Nik Jensen scored a shootout goal for Jokerit lol)

Tryamkin was great along the boards again,  and had a great poke check again, looked lean and skated well (ALMOST had a breakaway in OT).

But I think he's built more for the NHL. There's to much room in the KHL,  lots of neutral space to hide, which masks some deficiencies. 

The game finished 2-2 tied but with all that room I was expecting to see more offensive creativity. In this regard,  I think I saw that the NHL 

is more creative in a lot of ways. ie more talented.

Try didn't hit near as much (too much room to avoid him I think) He probably misses the hitting he can do in the NHL, where he can close in better.

The refereeing is way more neutral there too, and hardly noticeable, which I'm sure Tryamkin likes a lot better than what we get here in VanCity.

....You've noticed something wrong with the reffing we get....?  Our Ref's are constantly trying to be noticed by not dropping the puck until they kick someone out...or blowing done an offside against us just "to be on the safe side" of having too have a review...

Those guys deserve to be noticed but so do the ones that go unnoticed by not blowing the whistle when someone dumps a Sedin or crashes the goalie...

Tank Nation...and really all of us should be thankful for effin reffin' ....it got us EP and if it get's us Dahlin this year...the Reffing will be powerless against all that talent and tell U Bett man to Ref off.....  

pardon my Anguish....I mean English....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, b3. said:

Tryamkin got a one game suspension. Pretended to shoot a puck at an official.

Another one? Seems like he’s having some issues with the zebras this year. Hopefully he’s not building up a reputation for “abuse of officials” type of behaviour.

Then again, hopefully he’s not in the KHL too much longer. So might as well make the most of it (when it comes to giving some grief to the refs). ;)