The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

It was a struggle for Tryamkin here. He was a young guy in a strange land who didn't speak the language. He knows his worth, but WD didn't have the same faith and limited his ice time. I'm sure there were communication issues as well. Then the Canucks wanted him to play in Utica to develop. Instead, he went back home to work on his game. I think he may want to come back in a year or two, which would be incredible. Maybe by then he'll speak English a little bit and Green will give him lots of ice time. Imagine if Benning manages to get another 1st, and say the Canucks pick 5th. They could end up with Merkley and Kotkaniemi, as examples. (I think hoping for Dahlin is a long shot. It requires luck.)  

In a few years? (assuming Tanev, Edler, Hutton and Gudbranson are traded for picks and Del Zotto is re-signed)

Juolevi - Stecher

Del Zotto - Merkley

Tryamkin - Pouliot

Kotkaniemi

Chatfield

3 hours ago, b3. said:

Tryamkin got a one game suspension. Pretended to shoot a puck at an official.

In total, he has been suspended for two games:

The KHL Disciplinary Committee has investigated an incident from Thursday’s match in Helsinki between Jokerit and Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg.

In the final minute of overtime, visiting defenseman Nikita Tryamkin was given a game misconduct penalty (20 minutes) for insulting or unsporting behavior by a player toward a match official. The Committee supported the referee's decision, and ruled that the offense also merited a fine and a one-game suspension.

This was Tryamkin's second 20-minute penalty of the current season, following the major plus game misconduct penalty (5+20 minutes) he received for tripping in the match against Avangard earlier this month, which means the player incurs a separate fine and an automatic one-game suspension for repeat offending.

Consequently, Nikita Tryamkin is disqualified for two games in total.

https://en.khl.ru/news/2017/12/22/372999.html

2 hours ago, bree2 said:

sorry but i really don't get everyone falling all over Tryamkin , he left our team, because he  didn't get his own way.he acted like a child.  why would we want a player who left us high and dry. 

I think he was one of our few bright spots in a very dark season last year.  It was fun to see him destroy other teams' players.  I think we have to accept there were communication issues between Tryamkin and coaches/management. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

No it didn't.

Gonna even you out there. Completely agree. Tanking didn't get us Petterson, the status of our rebuild did. If tanking worked we would be walking around with Mathews and Hischier. Tanking isn't equal to just being bad. The last few years we have been bad due to our current situation not because we sold the farm to get high draft picks.

Not sure why the new person neg'd you for that.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

It was a struggle for Tryamkin here. He was a young guy in a strange land who didn't speak the language. He knows his worth, but WD didn't have the same faith and limited his ice time. I'm sure there were communication issues as well. Then the Canucks wanted him to play in Utica to develop. Instead, he went back home to work on his game. I think he may want to come back in a year or two, which would be incredible. Maybe by then he'll speak English a little bit and Green will give him lots of ice time. Imagine if Benning manages to get another 1st, and say the Canucks pick 5th. They could end up with Merkley and Kotkaniemi, as examples. (I think hoping for Dahlin is a long shot. It requires luck.)  

In a few years? (assuming Tanev, Edler, Hutton and Gudbranson are traded for picks and Del Zotto is re-signed)

Juolevi - Stecher

Del Zotto - Merkley

Tryamkin - Pouliot

Kotkaniemi

Chatfield

"Then the Canucks wanted him to play in Utica to develop"

Is this code for "Canucks wanted him to lose weight and get in shape?"

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, shayster007 said:

Gonna even you out there. Completely agree. Tanking didn't get us Petterson, the status of our rebuild did. If tanking worked we would be walking around with Mathews and Hischier. Tanking isn't equal to just being bad. The last few years we have been bad due to our current situation not because we sold the farm to get high draft picks.

Not sure why the new person neg'd you for that.

Thx. m8.  Main thing is, there was no purposeful "tank".  The Canucks were decimated with injuries but still tried to play the best they could, and no moves were done to intentionally sabotage the team.  Willie knew he was done with a couple months left, but that would have had no effect either.  Very very few teams ever actually do things throughout the season to intentionally make themselves worse.

21 hours ago, bree2 said:

sorry but i really don't get everyone falling all over Tryamkin , he left our team, because he  didn't get his own way.he acted like a child.  why would we want a player who left us high and dry. 

Had Desjardins thrown the same life saver for Nikita, that he did for Linden Vey,  Nik would still be here.

But that was then, and this is now, and if the chance exists for the Nuck’s and Nik to talk about coming back here next season, let’s go bang down the door.

I don’t mind that Big Nik has had a couple of suspensions both for disrespecting officials I think? It shows he might be getting frustrated with the league (KHL). So, not only to we have the possibility of getting that (approx) 6’8 250 frame that skates like Bobby Orr back,.  He might arrive with the swagger and emotion of a Neely or Bertuzzi.

.... oh oh,. I think I hear Choir Boys singing “The Cancer in the Room”.    Lol

• Upvote 4

I just can't see why Tryamkin hasn't be proven right with his play this year.  Playing big, getting in trouble, getting lots of points PIMs and minutes in the KHL.   

Exactly the player we need when Guddy is traded.  

Over the next couple years I hope to see Tryamkin, juolevi, Brisebois, Chatfield develop and be on the big club.  Joining Pouliot and Tanev to be our top six.  I am hopeful that they will be a dominant force from the back end having smarts, size and six guys who have smooth skating, puck moving and good passing.  And a couple of which can shoot.  

Can that group develop well enough is the question.  

On 12/22/2017 at 11:14 AM, Hutton Wink said:

I agree with most of your posts, kinda wondering what's been going on of late.

Well maybe I have been a bit more grumpy than usual...I will see what I can do for New Year's resolutions....I tend to agree with most of your posts as well...but you must know I do tend to call them as I see them...not what the popular opinion might be...so anyway...I will try to find gentler ways to express those opinons....

....Have one on me..... 

• Cheers 1

On 12/22/2017 at 6:50 PM, Hutton Wink said:

Thx. m8.  Main thing is, there was no purposeful "tank".  The Canucks were decimated with injuries but still tried to play the best they could, and no moves were done to intentionally sabotage the team.  Willie knew he was done with a couple months left, but that would have had no effect either.  Very very few teams ever actually do things throughout the season to intentionally make themselves worse.

I did not mean that we tanked when I said "tank nation should be happy"....just that we had the same affect as tank nation would have liked ...I hope that wasn't the start of all that, I don't read all these pages I just pop in now and again  to get whatever is on my mind ...off it...

Tryamkin would not last one season of full time duty on the Canucks...the umpteenth time the same Ref. makes the same bad call...he is going to lose it.....what's the going suspension for hospitalizing an official....?........

On 12/22/2017 at 6:53 PM, ilduce39 said:

Took those Pronger videos to heart.

Anybody else find that hilarious by the way, as a coaching strategy? 

What did they clip together, a bunch of highlights of Chris Pronger cross checking guys, throwing cheap elbows and just being the biggest POS to play against :lol: 

Here, look at this a$$hole and emulate him!  hahahaha

4 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Tryamkin would not last one season of full time duty on the Canucks...the umpteenth time the same Ref. makes the same bad call...he is going to lose it.....what's the going suspension for hospitalizing an official....?........

Are you talking about what the league would do to him, or the parade that Vancouver would give him for destroying some ref?

• Cheers 1

On 12/22/2017 at 6:50 PM, Hutton Wink said:

I took your reply to mean more that it was the lottery system that got us Pettersson, rather than a tank or the status of our rebuild. If it weren't for the lottery, we would have been picking between Patrick and Hischier (unless of course Benning still favoured Pettersson).

But there's a good chance Tryamkin is back, either after his second year or at the completion of his contract. It's possible he comes back later but that lowers the chances if he signs another KHL deal.

We all know the (correct) circumstances of his time here and departure, even if we don't fully know his reasoning for leaving. We can guess at that, but to think he has any issues with the organization preventing him from coming back is a stretch whatever else you think.