The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

I really think he would love Greens style of play. Will always have the opportunity to rush up the ice and when that train gets going man is he hard to stop. Not many guys in the league that would be able to. Maybe none. He's such a rare commodity I want him back on our team so bad. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

On 26/12/2017 at 4:16 AM, TGT68 said:

Can that group develop well enough is the question.  

...and the answer is: Probably not.

Of all those guys, Juolevi is the only one with the raw talent to be the quarterback defenseman we so badly need.  Besides that, I'm not sure if the rest of that group can get it done offensively either.

We badly need at least one guy who can score back there with regularity.  Its been one of our biggest deficiency for years.  Ideally, we would have a 1-2 punch there actually which is especially important for the 2nd pp unit.

The rest can be the assortment we have available, including Tryamkin if we can convince him to come back, as his physical presence is important.  Especially so if we do indeed lose Gudbranson.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Of all those guys, Juolevi is the only one with the raw talent to be the quarterback defenseman we so badly need.  Besides that, I'm not sure if the rest of that group can get it done offensively either.

We badly need at least one guy who can score back there with regularity.  Its been one of our biggest deficiency for years.  Ideally, we would have a 1-2 punch there actually which is especially important for the 2nd pp unit.

The rest can be the assortment we have available, including Tryamkin if we can convince him to come back, as his physical presence is important.  Especially so if we do indeed lose Gudbranson.

Isn't Pouliot supposed to be a pp qb? with three ahl years over .5 ppg and a whl season over 1 ppg.   

Tryamkin's size and mobility make him useful on both special teams and he is being very productive this year in khl.  

Brisebois and Chatfield are both good sized puck moving d who should eventually be decent at 5 on 5 and pk.   I think Chatfield could eventually be useful on 2nd pp.  

Granted that assumes very advantageous development of all 4 and maybe we be lucky if two of those guys reach ceiling.  

Then again, we have other drafts coming to fill put that future D including what we all seem to think will be a d man in the first round this year which would give us the neccessary 7th for that group and we would also need an 8th the way we get injured.  Although I hope we get a couple centers this draft too.  (I see center as a development level week point right now).  

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, kloubek said:

Pouliot has what it takes. I wasn’t sold on him at the start of the year but he’s made me realize that he’s got lots of offensive ability.

When employees have conditions on joining your organization and then quit to go elsewhere you should be in no rush to want them back. 30 years running 4 offices has taught me that.

Try could have stayed and been having a great year. But he quit the team. Good riddance. Sorry to all the great fans who liked what he brought - including me.  But it's over when someone does what he did. We have character guys on the team going forward. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

When employees have conditions on joining your organization and then quit to go elsewhere you should be in no rush to want them back. 30 years running 4 offices has taught me that.

Try could have stayed and been having a great year. But he quit the team. Good riddance. Sorry to all the great fans who liked what he brought - including me.  But it's over when someone does what he did. We have character guys on the team going forward. 

When an employee is not getting along with his boss, he has every right to leave and you should decide who was the problem; his boss or the employee.  When you subsequently fire his boss, maybe you have answered your own question.  Banning will have no problem rehiring Tryamkin, nor should he.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

When an employee is not getting along with his boss, he has every right to leave and you should decide who was the problem; his boss or the employee.  When you subsequently fire his boss, maybe you have answered your own question.  Banning will have no problem rehiring Tryamkin, nor should he.

I completely disagree. The organization comes first. Not the employee or the boss.  Nux are on their way to an exciting rebuild. Guys who bailed are out. Try is not a character guy. Look lots of people have put the organization ahead of their own selfish needs. He didn't. See ya later. 

3 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

I completely disagree. The organization comes first. Not the employee or the boss.  Nux are on their way to an exciting rebuild. Guys who bailed are out. Try is not a character guy. Look lots of people have put the organization ahead of their own selfish needs. He didn't. See ya later. 

I want a cup. Don't care who or how. If it takes what may be a disgruntled player coming back to put us over the top someday, so be it. He could be the difference maker down the road. To early to say one way or the other yet.

I agree with you on wanting a cup. Have been a fan forever and I feel your pain. Where I disagree is compromising on character. Personally I believe character produces championships. Try  is a guy who quit on his team because wah wah wah. 

So for me I say see you later. I want top to bottom heart and soul guys. Not selfish whiners. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Tram-man hasn't paid his due but he started calling the shots before he even played his first NHL game. 

It looks pretty bad when players put their time in in the AHL and an unproven rookie is allowed to jump right in.. This was part of Tram's difficulty, he wasn't used to the physically of North American hockey. The dispute with the coach was only part of it but he did also say that he thought this league was real rough which he obviously did not like.

1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

I agree with you on wanting a cup. Have been a fan forever and I feel your pain. Where I disagree is compromising on character. Personally I believe character produces championships. Try  is a guy who quit on his team because wah wah wah. 

So for me I say see you later. I want top to bottom heart and soul guys. Not selfish whiners. 

Ahh. The cup. First started cheering for the Nucks in 82. Loved their colors. I hear you on character. Obviously it's finding that magic mixture that works. For me if he does not want to be here than screw him. But if he does. I would think we are a better team with him. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

Ahh. The cup. First started cheering for the Nucks in 82. Loved their colors. I hear you on character. Obviously it's finding that magic mixture that works. For me if he does not want to be here than screw him. But if he does. I would think we are a better team with him. 

Nope. When he turned his back on the Canucks and walked out the door it hit him on the ass. From that point on its time to look at the many other players who could join the team and bring not only talent but heart and commitment to our future. Those players will be more positive to the teams success than a guy who every player knows quit on them at one point. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

Top tiered organization allows employees to works to their strengths, and not just try to force square pegs into round holes.  

WD could only accept his own way.... thus he's no longer in the league.  

Tryamkin's initial experience in the NHL was poor.  Whatever you say about his supposedly conditioning or his contract status... he was within his rights.  Not every player is a multi-purpose SUV.... some players are like Ferrari, others are Corvettes.... you don't haul cargo with a sports car.  

The whole "paying your dues" concept is so outdated anyways.... the NHL is a meritocracy.... you play well, you keep playing.  Tryamkin played well.... thus he should have been praised, not have his game picked apart just because the coaching staff rather he played in way he is unaccustomed to. 

Remember how well the Sedins played when Torts wanted more a 200-foot, gritty, shotblocking game from them?   

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Why does the organization come first?  For whom?  The owners?  Players have to look after their own careers, just like the bosses look after their business.  If they didn't want a player they'd drop him in a heartbeat - ask every player who has ever been traded or sent down, or just plain gotten rid of.  It is the right of the owners to pursue their own self-interest, and the right of the players to do the same.  Just like you; if your boss treats you like crap, and you have any moxy, you go someplace else where you are appreciated and try to prove how wrong your ex boss was to let you go.  That is pretty much what Tryamkin did.  Good on him.  If I liked an employee enough to hire him in the first place, and so long as he worked well and was loyal while he was working for me, I wish him luck if he wants to leave and ply his trade elsewhere.  If it doesn't work elsewhere for him, and he wants to come back, why wouldn't I hire him again?  I know who he is, I know how he works, and as long as he is on the payroll, he is loyal.  I have never blamed anyone for wanting to improve himself or his situation.

In Tryamkin's situation, he was a young guy that wanted to play more minutes - you can't blame a guy for wanting to play.

9 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Great observations. Talk about character as a base for winning. Reminds me of the story about Kevin Bieksa taking Feddy Federov outside of a bar in Winnipeg and beating the crap out of him. Entitlement by name was not carry the day with the Moose and later with the Canucks. You build character and culture with players like Bieksa. With many of the future stars of the Canucks being Euros it increases the risks simply because we don't know these kids and what motivates them. Likely OK just higher risk. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

So family reasons really don't matter to you? If our former goalie coach Rollie resolved his family issues and wanted to come back, you wouldn't want him back because he left? I feel sorry for your wife or girlfriend. And your employees.

On 27/12/2017 at 7:25 AM, TGT68 said:

Isn't Pouliot supposed to be a pp qb? with three ahl years over .5 ppg and a whl season over 1 ppg. 

Brisebois and Chatfield are both good sized puck moving d who should eventually be decent at 5 on 5 and pk.   I think Chatfield could eventually be useful on 2nd pp.

Pouliot was supposed to be such a guy.   Yes.  And although he is probably our most dynamic, pp-style defensemen I am not at all convinced he's the guy we need.  MAYBE he's our poor-mans second pp guy.  He's certainly looked better than I anticipated so maybe I'm wrong about his ceiling as well, but unless Juolevi becomes an absolute stud for us, by my calculations we need one really strong (star) defenseman fairly quickly if we want to be truly competitive.  Out lack of scoring from the blueline ks, quite frankly, embarassing.