The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

This makes the end of this season even more interesting for anyone keeping an eye on Big Nik...

His team Avtomobilist was almost cut from the KHL last year for not meeting financial obligations, 4 other teams were cut.

it seems 2 more will be cut this year.

The KHL is not that healthy.

https://conwaysrussianhockey.wordpress.com/2017/05/28/guest-post-the-khls-strategic-plan/

Oh wow. Well I hope that kind of uncertainty will cause the Train to leave the station and choo choo his way back to Vancouver. That would cause some excitement if we manage to get him back next year.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, ohmy said:

Oh wow. Well I hope that kind of uncertainty will cause the Train to leave the station and choo choo his way back to Vancouver. That would cause some excitement if we manage to get him back next year.

replacing Guddy with Tryamkin would please a lot of folks for sure. If he can come back a bit more mature and committed to the team that would be nice. I guess a lot depends on how our management actually views him now too. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

This is one of the reasons why I felt like he left. Russians have a huge pride to play for their country. The Canucks has just finished in the bottom 3 for the 2nd year in a row. With NHL banning players from the Olympics I think it sealed it for Tryamkin. Leave a BAD team that’s not competing for anything but draft pick sabotage for the next couple years. Make the wife happy, be close to family and have a chance at the olympics. I truly feel that in a couple years Tryamkin comes back that’s why I always turn down the idea of trading his rights.

Half the Canucks 'B' squad is playing for Team Canada! Politics aside I totally agree with you about Russian pride of country. Go drinking with Russians and they are usually crying in their beers or wanting to fight. They love their country. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

replacing Guddy with Tryamkin would please a lot of folks for sure. If he can come back a bit more mature and committed to the team that would be nice. I guess a lot depends on how our management actually views him now too. 

I would personally like to see both if possible.  Would make for a nice 1 -2 punch in the top four.  Pair them with mobile partners who can join the rush.  Nice first unit PK pairing as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Borvat said:

I would personally like to see both if possible.  Would make for a nice 1 -2 punch in the top four.  Pair them with mobile partners who can join the rush.  Nice first unit PK pairing as well.

depends on how mobile Nik is now, if he's an even better skater now than when we had him that could work 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SilentSam said:

This makes the end of this season even more interesting for anyone keeping an eye on Big Nik...

His team Avtomobilist was almost cut from the KHL last year for not meeting financial obligations, 4 other teams were cut.

it seems 2 more will be cut this year.

The KHL is not that healthy.

https://conwaysrussianhockey.wordpress.com/2017/05/28/guest-post-the-khls-strategic-plan/

Wow, their arena has a capacity of 5,500... way below the 12,000 the league wants.

I also recall his NHL agent on the radio saying the KHL offer was more money than the NHL one.

Assuming that was true and accounting for differences in taxes and living costs, His KHL salary probably would have to be in the $1.5-2.5 million range and that is a big ticket for a small club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Provost said:

Wow, their arena has a capacity of 5,500... way below the 12,000 the league wants.

I also recall his NHL agent on the radio saying the KHL offer was more money than the NHL one.

Assuming that was true and accounting for differences in taxes and living costs, His KHL salary probably would have to be in the $1.5-2.5 million range and that is a big ticket for a small club.

The KHL’s avg attendance last season was 6200. Per game.

Avtomobilist’s avg was 4200. pg.

I truly think Nik wanted to regroup after a new marriage and exposed to a new country.

It sounds like he was moved by the energy an NHL arena can bring.. and wants to be the best he can be if he comes back.

It was exciting to watch hockey again with him in a Canucks jersey,  I hope to see that again.

ps. I read somewhere it costs the avg fan a weeks salary in rubbles to watch a game.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I believe that Yekaterinburg has a new KHL arena in the works, ~12,000 capacity, and scheduled to open in 2020. IIRC it’s part of a large project involving some towers and other buildings. 

TRUMP’s no doubt ;) 

Just to remind everyone that Tryamkin (the mass media selection) will play for the Kharlamov division team on Jan 13-14 in the KHL All-Star games. Each of four KHL divisions is represented by the team with two goalies, four defensemen and five forwards selected by fans, mass media and the KHL.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Just to remind everyone that Tryamkin (the mass media selection) will play for the Kharlamov division team on Jan 13-14 in the KHL All-Star games. Each of four KHL divisions is represented by the team with two goalies, four defensemen and five forwards selected by fans, mass media and the KHL.

No word on the Olympic selection yet?

perhaps after this weekend ?

22 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

When was he a game changer? Brock Boeser is a game changer. Bo Horvat is a game changer.

Edler is a game changer for the other team....

22 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Changed the complexion of the game when he stood up Jaimie Benn, and the ruckus afterwards,.

did the same taking the Ducks off their game with Getzlaff.

Game changer to me is not just about scoring goals..  is that all it is to you?

... and this is what’s been going on lately..

https://mobile.twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/905490289745211392/photo/1

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, SilentSam said:

The kid has the same physical measurement and weight of LeBron James, and he skates like Orr.

get back on Jimmy!

yah.. after seeing that the hope is back. I was so po'd when it fell apart. f'n Pronger videos? 

I guess the question is does he play out the full 3 years in the KHL?

22 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yah.. after seeing that the hope is back. I was so po'd when it fell apart. f'n Pronger videos? 

I guess the question is does he play out the full 3 years in the KHL?

Highly doubt it, the KHL is in rough shape, go back a page or two, I posted a link to a story regarding the KHL’s situation.

They cut 4 teams last year, will cut 2 more this season..

Avtomobilist, Nik’s Team, was almost cut for not meeting financial obligations.

.. and yes, I don’t think WD did is any favours. I don’t think he took the time to understand Big Nik or was even aware of his game.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Highly doubt it, the KHL is in rough shape, go back a page or two, I posted a link to a story regarding the KHL’s situation.

They cut 4 teams last year, will cut 2 more this season..

Avtomobilist, Nik’s Team, was almost cut for not meeting financial obligations.

.. and yes, I don’t think WD did is any favours. I don’t think he took the time to understand Big Nik or was even aware of his game.

i get the desire to have a big tough guy, but if Nik is mobile enough to jump into offensive moves like that who the hell is going to stop him? doesn't mean he'll be high scoring but the follow up chances will be there. 

good article, i don't want to see a team go bust but if it does I hope he see's a team he wants to come back to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

i get the desire to have a big tough guy, but if Nik is mobile enough to jump into offensive moves like that who the hell is going to stop him? doesn't mean he'll be high scoring but the follow up chances will be there. 

good article, i don't want to see a team go bust but if it does I hope he see's a team he wants to come back to.

He has that mindset Jimmy,  I watched him in his world Junior showing.. he was busting that move back then. I think Nik has rightfully acknowledged the parts of his game that he needs to work on to make himself better.  I can not blame him for wanting extra ice time, cause he realized he needed it to understand the NHL game. 

I beleive his team is positioned for a playoff run at this moment, the KHL season ends a little shorter in the year than the NHL..  anything can change for him once his season ends.  If Nik doesn’t get his final pay check or cash ;) ..  or his team doesn’t meet up with their financial obligations to the KHL.. or Nik wants to feel the energy in an NHL arena again..  we get to see him,  and I’m buying his Jersey, and a ticket to a game with a black sharpie in my pocket.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1