The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Great pick! Guy's a monster. Linden said they're trying to get a visa to bring him over for development camp and young stars

Nikita+Tryamkin+2014+NHL+Draft+Rounds+2+

Nikita+Tryamkin+2014+NHL+Draft+Rounds+2+

Nikita+Tryamkin+2014+NHL+Draft+Portraits

Check out the claws on this kid...and the sleeves on the jersey are short for him. I know diddly about Nikita Tryamkin, but love the vital stats on the kid and his hockey history. We're inching closer and closer to being the Big Bad Canucks.

• Upvote 1

I have to say, I'm really happy with this draft overall. There's a lot of potential here. I wouldn't say the first round were homeruns yet, but Demko in the second to me is a huge steal and the russian kid feels like a sleeper pick. I haven't been this excited for a 3rd round pick in like...forever.

6'7''.5 265lbs...holy...$#@7...

Anyways, let's not forget that Chara took many years before he became the force and Norris consideration D man that he is. I hope that this kid and the team has the patience for him to improve in North America for 4 or 5 years (while playing in the NHL).

if he wanted to stay after the young stars tourney can he do so?, can he do as he likes with his contract (KHL) or can he not play in the NHL until the 2 years are up?

Probably wouldn't be the best idea, as he can't speak English yet. He specifically mentioned wanting to honour the last two years of his contract before coming to town, so it's a moot point.

Probably wouldn't be the best idea, as he can't speak English yet. He specifically mentioned wanting to honour the last two years of his contract before coming to town, so it's a moot point.

cheers for the info, I guess loyalty in this case is a good trait in the long run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq5O7f-EElU

Go to 2:35, Nikita is number 88, shows he is a pretty decent skater, extremely small sample size, only thing I could find, anyone else has vid on the kid pls share

And I doubt benning would mis speak but is he right, is he 6 7.5 265 lbs or 6 7 230, because thats a big difference lol either way kid must eat like a horse

if he wanted to stay after the young stars tourney can he do so?, can he do as he likes with his contract (KHL) or can he not play in the NHL until the 2 years are up?

Sorry guys but its not like in the old days when NHL could do whatever they wanted regardless of contracts. This contract will need to be honoured unless there is an NHL out (Wich I believe is very uncommon or even impossible in the KHL).

There has been cases where players have been able to buy themselves out of a KHL contract but I believe that requires the club to actually let you.

KHL and NHL has that agreement in place to honour contracts

Can somebody tell me how many llamas i have to sacrifice for this guy to become the next Chara? I have access to up to 15. (Used to be 30, but we had to land Virtanen somehow.)

Oh snap I guess I answered my own question.

Does anyone here like llama burgers?

I'll give u a hand with that haha if this guy turns into a monster #1 we are winning the cup with Demko Horvat McCann Virtanen Kassian Shinkaruk and the gang. Captain grey beard Bieksa raising it

I watched Chara in junior and he wasn't very good. My friends actually got to practice with him a few times when their minor team would have some cougars at practice. They said he was a terrible skater. They were like 14 and blowing by him.

Thing about Chara is he learned how to skate well enough and use his size and reach. This tryamkin fella already has decent skating according to the scouts so he's just gotta figure out how to be a mean SOB and perfect his 12 foot reach stick checking.