The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Based on that highlight package it seems like he like to jump into the play a lot which is a good thing but I hope his defensive game is there first and foremost. Also looks like he has a strong wrister and likes to use it a lot from the point. My guess is his slapshot accuracy is horrible which I think Benning alluded to.

Based on that highlight package it seems like he like to jump into the play a lot which is a good thing but I hope his defensive game is there first and foremost. Also looks like he has a strong wrister and likes to use it a lot from the point. My guess is his slapshot accuracy is horrible which I think Benning alluded to.

Chara's accuracy isn't the best even now but it was really bad when he was young.

Still if it's 100MPH or better like Chara's I would be happy if he hit the net one in three times.

no offense to the first 3 picks but tryamkin is the most interesting van pick this year. gotta believe benning picked him for a good reason

You clearly dont know what your talking about...

• Upvote 1

Just finished

He does not jump into the play too often. More often, he is the guy furthest back because he prefers the safe play.

From the games i have watched, his defensive game (next to his size) is his biggest strength. This is a very smart player defensively, always in position, active stick, plays the body when necessary, and as you will see in the video, he makes players pay in front of the net. His reach knocks away a lot of pucks and thwarts many entrances into his zone. He is nearly impossible to move once he has body position on the opponent.

Also from what i can see, his shots get blocked a lot, which may also be what Benning is referring to when he commented on the lack of frequency the puck reaches the net. I'd say its edler-esque in the frequency of blocked shots. Something to work on for him. The wrister from what i can see has a higher probability of making it through and is quite deceiving.

Wow thanks for this, did you make the video? With a little bit of nhl coaching this guy could be a NHLer wow just wow, speachless. +1

Given that he had already gone through the draft twice, why not just sign him to a contract before the draft?

Also, JB said he was 265, but everywhere else lists him as 230ish. Does anyone know where the higher figure is coming from?

Given that he had already gone through the draft twice, why not just sign him to a contract before the draft?

Also, JB said he was 265, but everywhere else lists him as 230ish. Does anyone know where the higher figure is coming from?

I believe prospects are eligible for three attempts at the draft before they can become free agents who can sign with any team. Therefore we couldn't sign him prior to the draft as a free agent and someone else would likely have drafted him with his recent good form.

From DJ's video, looks like Tryamkin is a very good skater, in the video showed he was able to use a long stride to rush the puck and also stay with his opponent. Not sure where people got the fact he is not a good skater.

Its a small sample size of what he can do against his peers, but man this guy is like a tree that cannot be shaken. Loving this pick

pretty positive it was just a slip of the tongue.