The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Why would Tryamkin be a net front presence?

6'8" 260 lbs. There's another player in the NHL that had similar physical measurements that was a net front presence. 

Hughes has a shot that wouldn't break a piece of paper, who will be the shooter from the line when Hughes makes the team?

Break paper? Are you measuring his shot, or are you just imagining things? Clearly you're in lala land. 

If we don't have a potential shot from the line, it allows defenders to play wider on the sides to pressure Pettersson and Boeser - something that is already happening.

Yeah. And when the team incorporates Hughes et al, hopefully you'll be far more aware of the facts, and less encumbered by your errant ideas. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Why would Tryamkin be a net front presence?  Hughes has a shot that wouldn't break a piece of paper, who will be the shooter from the line when Hughes makes the team?  If we don't have a potential shot from the line, it allows defenders to play wider on the sides to pressure Pettersson and Boeser - something that is already happening.

What I see from Hughes is that he likes to take the puck down to the top of the circle and either take the shot or dish to the wings. Who gets the puck is all about who leaves the coverage of Boeser or EP40. Another play they are working on is a EP40 from the half boards down to a low man behind the net back out to a net front shot. IMHO Tryamkin is a long ways away from being on a #1PP unit. Hughes has a decent shot and will get his goals but his value will be drawing coverage and setting up plays. 

9 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He looks older and more determined. He's maturing into his role as a tough hard nosed defenseman.

Serious even. 

Nikita Tryamkin   D   Page 261   Prospects   In the System   Canucks Community (2).jpg

A very intimidating bit of facial hair..  Any Resemblence Hairy ?...  our  “Mr. Anonymous” perhaps.?

785D3050-6523-4E90-B900-4ABD0AC28001.jpeg.9cac49dd1fb0d8f6b2765ed75c08ea48.jpeg

The Guy Fawkes mask is a stylised depiction of Guy Fawkes, the best-known member of the Gunpowder Plot. The plot was an attempt to blow up the House of Lords in London on 5 November 1605,..

think id call him “GunPowder” if he was my team mate.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Avto keeps its winning streak alive, this time beating Dynamo, Moscow 1-0. Tryamkin did not play due to the defenseman rotation to keep players fresh according to the team's head coach.

This is what we should do with our D, 82 games, back to backs, travel miles, fresh legs and faster teams etc etc

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

This is what we should do with our D, 82 games, back to backs, travel miles, fresh legs and faster teams etc etc

I like that idea of rotating as well. Especially good when the younger 'd'start arriving. It runs contrary to what many players experience coming up through hockey. They are the best on their teams and usually log a lot of TOI as a result. The KHL is kinda of a 'iffy' brand of hockey to take innovation from but it is still worth a look. Vancouver has to do something about the level of lost games each year from their d-core. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I like that idea of rotating as well. Especially good when the younger 'd'start arriving. It runs contrary to what many players experience coming up through hockey. They are the best on their teams and usually log a lot of TOI as a result. The KHL is kinda of a 'iffy' brand of hockey to take innovation from but it is still worth a look. Vancouver has to do something about the level of lost games each year from their d-core. 

For forwards I can see the need for lots of ice time. But even there older forwards, or slower ones, rotation would help in the back to backs and at the end of long road trips. The travel and schedule is condicive toa lot of injuries.

Defense especially carries a brunt of the load, and we're not a big D that can take a lot of pounding like Dirk/Babych types could.

6 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think we were both screaming about this when WD was behind the bench.. he kept flogging Tanev and Edler.

it makes too much sense really..

you have 4 forward lines rotating during a game, and 3 sets of D.. using your top 2 D pairings in key special situations.. heavy and hard ice time (punishing at times) on 4 players.

The rotation makes too much sense, if it’s working in the KHL , it’s sure to work in the NHL where you play almost every second night.. and on this team wanting to develop its prospects,.  opportunity.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I think we were both screaming about this when WD was behind the bench.. he kept flogging Tanev and Edler.

it makes too much sense really..

you have 4 forward lines rotating during a game, and 3 sets of D.. using your top 2 D pairings in key special situations.. heavy and hard ice time (punishing at times) on 4 players.

The rotation makes too much sense, if it’s working in the KHL , it’s sure to work in the NHL where you play almost every second night.. and on this team wanting to develop its prospects,.  opportunity.

I don't disagree with the idea, but I think it makes more sense and is actually necessary in the KHL, where the rosters are much larger. Without the rotation there, there are quite a few players who would never play at all.

• Cheers 1

On 9/28/2018 at 10:17 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

6'8" 260 lbs. There's another player in the NHL that had similar physical measurements that was a net front presence. 

Break paper? Are you measuring his shot, or are you just imagining things? Clearly you're in lala land. 

Yeah. And when the team incorporates Hughes et al, hopefully you'll be far more aware of the facts, and less encumbered by your errant ideas. 

So, which 6'8" 260 lbs player are you talking about?
If you had actually watched Hughes videos you would have seen he doesn't have much of a shot, his skills lie elsewhere.  Just because we drafted Hughes and he's now a Canuck doesn't mean that he has an intimidating shot from the blueline.
So far, my 'errant ideas' is charge you have made with no support, puttin your own conjectures into question.