The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

6 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

So, which 6'8" 260 lbs player are you talking about?
If you had actually watched Hughes videos you would have seen he doesn't have much of a shot, his skills lie elsewhere.  Just because we drafted Hughes and he's now a Canuck doesn't mean that he has an intimidating shot from the blueline.
So far, my 'errant ideas' is charge you have made with no support, puttin your own conjectures into question.  

Wasn't Buffy that weight at one time? 

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

After a review of his YouTube clips, that does not appear to be how he is typically deployed. Nor is that how Chara is typically deployed.  So, I have no idea which 6’8 260 pound player is deployed that way as a model for Tryamkin.  With Tryamkin’s shot, his best deployment is at the blue line.

6 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

So, which 6'8" 260 lbs player are you talking about?
If you had actually watched Hughes videos you would have seen he doesn't have much of a shot, his skills lie elsewhere.  Just because we drafted Hughes and he's now a Canuck doesn't mean that he has an intimidating shot from the blueline.
So far, my 'errant ideas' is charge you have made with no support, puttin your own conjectures into question.  

22 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Yeah, like any hockey fan, I would assume he means Buff, who while slightly shorter, is about the same weight, and was used as a net front presence against the Canucks.

And of course, also like any hockey fan, I think that a Dman who can get the shot through the screen and on net is more useful than one who has an "intimidating shot" like Tram for instance. Tram's shot is certainly intimidating - very hard and very wild, intimidating to both the opposition and his own teammates, and not that useful, at least until he can make it more accurate.

And yes Ray, we do see a lot of "errant ideas" from you. Another one I recently saw was when you were putting down the best conditioned player on the team because you had the delusion that he had a concussion. As if getting a concussion means that a player must be in poor condition.

Edited by WeneedLumme
  • Upvote 1

https://canucksarmy.com/2018/10/02/the-likelihood-of-nikita-tryamkin-returning-to-the-vancouver-canucks-according-to-nikita-tryamkin/

excellent report on Tryamkin summarizing the reasons for his return to the KHL with some statements from Tryamkin and on eloborating the chances that he will return to VAN:

I like the following part of the report most:

Despite Tryamkin’s sunny disposition in the April 2018 Russian-language article, the situation was a lot more ambiguous when reporter Janik Beichler attempted an interview in English a month later. Biechler reported a strange exchange in which Tryamkin twice refused to conduct the interview in English, despite previously agreeing to do so, and his tone seemed mildly hostile.

As Biechler concluded, “I don’t think Tryamkin is very interested in talking to #Canucks media right now,” and that could be an indication that some tension still remains.

Even after spending a full season in north america guy is still not able / or not confident enough to give an interview in English!

Unfortunately, the rest of that Biechler interview hinted that Tryamkin may still have some concerns in regards to his usage in Vancouver. He doesn’t sound like he’s convinced that the issue of icetime was resolved by the firing of Desjardins, openly wondering “would I be needed?” when the time came for his potential return.

This was the most blunt Tryamkin had ever been about his problems with the Canucks, outright affirming that ““The lack of ice time is the reason I decided to leave the Canucks,” and adding, “I was a first-pairing D-man in Yekaterinburg this season, so I was pretty happy there.”

This sentiment was backed up by some statements made by agent Todd Diamond after the NHL Combine in June of 2018, who told Rick Dhaliwal that “I spoke…with the Canucks about Nikita and how we can approach it and maybe get ahead of it so everyone knows he is a valued person on the depth chart.”

It seems obvious that, at the very least, Tryamkin is still worried that a return to Vancouver would mean more time stapled to the bench, and that doesn’t appear to be something he is interested in.

He still doesn't understand that it's entirely on him getting the ice time he wants to get.

• Upvote 1

Looks like Tryamkin had a bit of a weaker game today. Avto still won 5-3, and they just keep rolling through the KHL undefeated, but Nik (who started at first pairing) played around 3 minutes below his season average TOI and effectively played 3rd pairing minutes (he was 5th in defenseman TOI). He also got tagged with minuses on each of Avto’s three goals against and finished a -3. 

7 hours ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

https://canucksarmy.com/2018/10/02/the-likelihood-of-nikita-tryamkin-returning-to-the-vancouver-canucks-according-to-nikita-tryamkin/

excellent report on Tryamkin summarizing the reasons for his return to the KHL with some statements from Tryamkin and on eloborating the chances that he will return to VAN:

I like the following part of the report most:

Despite Tryamkin’s sunny disposition in the April 2018 Russian-language article, the situation was a lot more ambiguous when reporter Janik Beichler attempted an interview in English a month later. Biechler reported a strange exchange in which Tryamkin twice refused to conduct the interview in English, despite previously agreeing to do so, and his tone seemed mildly hostile.

As Biechler concluded, “I don’t think Tryamkin is very interested in talking to #Canucks media right now,” and that could be an indication that some tension still remains.

Even after spending a full season in north america guy is still not able / or not confident enough to give an interview in English!

Unfortunately, the rest of that Biechler interview hinted that Tryamkin may still have some concerns in regards to his usage in Vancouver. He doesn’t sound like he’s convinced that the issue of icetime was resolved by the firing of Desjardins, openly wondering “would I be needed?” when the time came for his potential return.

This was the most blunt Tryamkin had ever been about his problems with the Canucks, outright affirming that ““The lack of ice time is the reason I decided to leave the Canucks,” and adding, “I was a first-pairing D-man in Yekaterinburg this season, so I was pretty happy there.”

This sentiment was backed up by some statements made by agent Todd Diamond after the NHL Combine in June of 2018, who told Rick Dhaliwal that “I spoke…with the Canucks about Nikita and how we can approach it and maybe get ahead of it so everyone knows he is a valued person on the depth chart.”

It seems obvious that, at the very least, Tryamkin is still worried that a return to Vancouver would mean more time stapled to the bench, and that doesn’t appear to be something he is interested in.

He still doesn't understand that it's entirely on him getting the ice time he wants to get.

There has been a lot happen since that “blogger” tried to interview him..  don’t read anything into that.. or the “Canucks Army” crap.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

There has been a lot happen since that “blogger” tried to interview him..  don’t read anything into that.. or the “Canucks Army” crap.

Yes, I can understand why he doesn't want to do an interview in English.  He must know how much he's been misquoted by now.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 4

17 hours ago, tas said:

trade him or let him rot in russia forever. entitlement is cancer. 

His attitude that he had to play better than others because he was Russian never sat well with me. It makes you question his hockey smarts. Are his social issues a bigger part of his life than getting ahead in his hockey career. Does he need a fail safe reason for not succeeding in the NHL? Not a given but I do wonder whether there will be a place for Tryamkin if he decides he wants to give it another go in 2 years. No matter what he will not be gifted a top 4 role with +20 TOI just because he was a star in the KHL. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

His attitude that he had to play better than others because he was Russian never sat well with me. It makes you question his hockey smarts. Are his social issues a bigger part of his life than getting ahead in his hockey career. Does he need a fail safe reason for not succeeding in the NHL? Not a given but I do wonder whether there will be a place for Tryamkin if he decides he wants to give it another go in 2 years. No matter what he will not be gifted a top 4 role with +20 TOI just because he was a star in the KHL. 

his unwillingness to earn his ice time is a dealbreaker for me. not interested. 

• Upvote 1

On 03/10/2018 at 2:40 PM, tas said:

trade him or let him rot in russia forever. entitlement is cancer. 

The Canucks would like to announce the trade of a fan named tas to the Boston Bruins.  

Go follow another team, thanks.

On 10/1/2018 at 10:26 PM, Stierlitz said:

Avto keeps its winning streak alive, this time beating Dynamo, Moscow 1-0. Tryamkin did not play due to the defenseman rotation to keep players fresh according to the team's head coach.

Really appreciate your updates, Stierlitz! Keep them coming. Tryamkin is one of our prized prospects who will come back and make a big difference to this team.  

IN TRYAMKIN I BELIEVE!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 10/3/2018 at 5:24 PM, TNucks1 said:

is top minutes the same as the NHL im assuming not also hows the conditioning/fitness over there?

It can't be too much different when you consider that with a bigger ice surface they would need to skate more.

1 hour ago, smokes said:

It can't be too much different when you consider that with a bigger ice surface they would need to skate more.

But the competition is vastly inferior.  There are guys who play 30 minutes a night in juniors and can't handle 16 minutes in the NHL.

And in a league with fewer good players, a coach might be more willing to let bad conditioning go, considering the options for replacement are limited.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:32 PM, vannuck59 said:

I agree Trade his rights to Tampa for a prospect or draft pick. Time to move on .

Probably wouldn't get much for him and I hate to see him on another team.  I'd at least wait until his KHL deal is up, once that happens it'll be pretty evident if he wants to return to dopecity.