The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

On 2018-10-07 at 11:36 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

Yes, the coach has stated that their team has 8 capable d-men and that they will all be getting rotated up and down the lineup to make sure that they’re all sharp and have lots of game time.  

Its an unusual method in hockey.

Nice problem to have really.

24 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

It’s crazy Automobilist is a beast. 

I miss Canucks big Tryamkin. Can’t wait til he’s back in a a Canuck uni. 

Maybe he can talk a few of his teammates to come play. His team must have a few other solid defensemen to have that kind of record.

• Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎19 at 11:35 AM, Stierlitz said:

Tryamkin was pretty good against weaker opponents in the first three games, he played over 17 minutes against Belarus. Later on his playing time was significantly decreased, he was criticized for the mistake leading to the Jaskin's goal for Czechs, he was benched during the game against Slovakia and did not play in the last two games (both losses) against Sweden and Canada. In general, this was the first time Tryamkin had participated on such high international level with best players in the game, this was great learning experience for his development. As the Russian team coach Vorobiev said, Nikita played for the first time for the national team in the worlds, obviously Tryamkin did not have enough experience but Nikita would be fine going forward.

If Tryamkin cannot establish a offensive game in the KHL then his chances of doing so in the NHL are not great. Playing solid d-zone is his opportunity. 

8 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Tree is rocking the beard!  :)

He's looking tougher, meaner and stronger.

I would just love to see this guy come back.

Personally I think it would make this team an instant contender.

And any fears for Pettersson's safety would evaporate.

23 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

So he can come to Vancouver to sit and watch?

J/K - we sure can use him. 

I am curious if he would make Gudbranson expendable in quick order if we could ink him to term. Teams want Gudbranson still and he's been pretty solid so far. Dave Tallon would love to have him back. Apparently some west coast also liked him.  

I know tryamkin would have made FLA pay even if he didn't get Matheson himself. The team wanted him to be like Pronger but what they need to do is let him be Tryamkin. He tossed those ducks around like they were nothing. He is passionate and can be physical when he wants to be. 

My question though would be term on a new deal? I'd safely offer him 4-5 years at 5M. He still has lots of room to grow. Where do you guys see his returning contract looking like? Guddy makes 4. Tryamkin will be the better player no question.

9 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

I am curious if he would make Gudbranson expendable in quick order if we could ink him to term. Teams want Gudbranson still and he's been pretty solid so far. Dave Tallon would love to have him back. Apparently some west coast also liked him.  

I know tryamkin would have made FLA pay even if he didn't get Matheson himself. The team wanted him to be like Pronger but what they need to do is let him be Tryamkin. He tossed those ducks around like they were nothing. He is passionate and can be physical when he wants to be. 

My question though would be term on a new deal? I'd safely offer him 4-5 years at 5M. He still has lots of room to grow. Where do you guys see his returning contract looking like? Guddy makes 4. Tryamkin will be the better player no question.

Well seeing how offensively Tryamkin and Guddy are about the same and the fact that Guddy does fight (sometimes) and Tryamkin is disinterested so far (I think he fought Jamie Benn once when he was here) I think he would be worth anywhere from 3.5-4 million a year. However when Groot hits it hurts, just ask Brad Richardson’s broken leg.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rush17 said:

From what i've seen, Gudbranson is already a much, much better defenceman than Tryamkin was, at being a defensive defenceman who plays a hard-nosed game. Yes, Tryamkin is much bigger, bulkier and has a meaner streak than Guddy. 

So trading off Guddy for Tryamkin ( assuming he even comes back that is), is an immediate step down in my view. Tryamkin CAN be a better, more effective sandpaper-D than Guddy but he'd have to prove it via a 'show me' contract first, because he definitely was not better 2 years ago than Guddy was 2 years ago or even now. Don't think the bigger ice and worse competition has made him leap-frog Guddy ( i dont watch KHL obviously) but its not a likely scenario, hence the 'show me contract'.

9 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

From what i've seen, Gudbranson is already a much, much better defenceman than Tryamkin was, at being a defensive defenceman who plays a hard-nosed game. Yes, Tryamkin is much bigger, bulkier and has a meaner streak than Guddy. 

So trading off Guddy for Tryamkin ( assuming he even comes back that is), is an immediate step down in my view. Tryamkin CAN be a better, more effective sandpaper-D than Guddy but he'd have to prove it via a 'show me' contract first, because he definitely was not better 2 years ago than Guddy was 2 years ago or even now. Don't think the bigger ice and worse competition has made him leap-frog Guddy ( i dont watch KHL obviously) but its not a likely scenario, hence the 'show me contract'.

Overall, Gudbranson is a more aggressive defenseman. Tryamkin just seems meaner because he has 3 inches and 45 pounds on Gudbranson.

• Upvote 1