18 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Maybe his visions of fame and fortune are more in line with his skill level now and his expectations more in line with reality. Maybe his development in the KHL has harmed his progress, maybe JB can sign him at a decent level and his expectations of where he fits in the pcking order are better ::D

We can hope so as he took a big step backward when he returned to the KHL. Since Vancouver is seriously lacking in size his returning would be huge. That said IMHO he is in no position to dictate contract terms. Maybe some consideration on term, as in a 3 year bridge deal. His size will always make him tradeable if it doesn't work.

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

We can hope so as he took a big step backward when he returned to the KHL. Since Vancouver is seriously lacking in size his returning would be huge. That said IMHO he is in no position to dictate contract terms. Maybe some consideration on term, as in a 3 year bridge deal. His size will always make him tradeable if it doesn't work.

I think it's obvious, to me anyway, that he will always feel he needs to be chased and coveted.

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

It will work.  He was a unique talent when here and likely only improved and knows where he fits more.  Him coming back will be one of the turning points for us.  Just hope it’s this year and not next.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I was a huge Tryamkin fan when he was here.  His size fills a gapping hole on our defence.  I envisioned Chara 2.0 (which was probably unfair).  But the way he left really took the bloom off the rose for me.  Just like Jonathan Dahlen... prospects that have a me first attitude and don’t want to listen to coaches or put in the work required in lesser developmental leagues like the AHL to succeed raise major red flags!  Great if he returns with a new attitude, but if he hasn’t matured and is still entitled he can play in Russia forever... I could care less.  As a fan... he’ll have to regain my trust with effort and attitude upon return.

Edited by Sedintwinpowersactivate
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Boudrias said:

You're the 2nd person to suggest a 3 year bridge deal. Is this a problem? He can sign a 7 year "bridge" deal for all I care. I would think a player would want a 1-2 year bridge deal at most then supposedly get paid well after performing. If he wants 3 years at a bridge deal type cap, then you take it and run.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Sedintwinpowersactivate said:

I was a huge Tryamkin fan when he was here.  His size fills a gapping hole on our defence.  I envisioned Chara 2.0 (which was probably unfair).  But the way he left really took the bloom off the rose for me.  Just like Jonathan Dahlen... prospects that have a me first attitude and don’t want to listen to coaches or put in the work required in lesser developmental leagues like the AHL to succeed raise major red flags!  Great if he returns with a new attitude, but if he hasn’t matured and is still entitled he can play in Russia forever... I could care less.  As a fan... he’ll have to regain my trust with effort and attitude upon return.

I would love it if we would trade his rights for a pick in June or to  NYR for Ty Ronning.  He is a center for Utica.

Edited by dpn1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, dpn1 said:

I would love it if we would trade his rights for a pick in June or to  NYR for Ty Ronning.  He is a center for Utica.

Trade a Giant for a Hobbit?  No!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, dpn1 said:

He is also a bit squishy.  We have enough of that.    

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

So......anyone up to this?

Ok, we find a couple of Canuck fans in Europe, that we can trust??????

We buy a $500.00 car, and paint it Canuck colors......

Throw some large Magnetic Canuck Logo's on it

and glue a few Canuck stuffies, and Flags on it

and Drive around Nikita's home town with a Blow horn

Chanting we want Tryamkin! We want Tryamkin.....

Just to get his juices going!

What do you think?

Probably only cost a $1000.00 to do it!

Who's in?

Paint "Vancouver or Bust" on the back of the car.

Jan,.  If you can line that up..  I have 50.oo CDN in my pocket to contribute.

If it doesn’t work,  at least we start a good ol Vancouver type Riot in Yekaterinburg, Russia...  either way,  we’re famous!!  

:frantic: :gocan::towel:

• Upvote 1

On 4/20/2019 at 10:43 AM, janisahockeynut said:

So......anyone up to this?

Ok, we find a couple of Canuck fans in Europe, that we can trust??????

We buy a $500.00 car, and paint it Canuck colors......

Throw some large Magnetic Canuck Logo's on it

and glue a few Canuck stuffies, and Flags on it

and Drive around Nikita's home town with a Blow horn

Chanting we want Tryamkin! We want Tryamkin.....

Just to get his juices going!

What do you think?

Probably only cost a $1000.00 to do it!

Who's in?

Paint "Vancouver or Bust" on the back of the car.

It might cost $1000  for 3 or 4 people to do it in Abbotsford lol.  But to go all the way to Russia to do it flights and accommodation etc etc gonna be 20k. 

Gotta really want the big guy for that price lol!

Whether or not Tryamkin can be convinced to buy out his final year of KHL contract and come play with the Canucks is one of the possibilities I'm most excited about this off-season, despite the low possibility of this happening. 

I'd appreciate the Canucks to communicate any news about how discussions with Tryamkin's agent are transpiring throughout the summer. Nothing wrong with some transparency, and keeps things interesting.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

It might cost $1000  for 3 or 4 people to do it in Abbotsford lol.  But to go all the way to Russia to do it flights and accommodation etc etc gonna be 20k. 

Gotta really want the big guy for that price lol!

Naw, just need a connection over in Russia....we could call Trump I guess

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Canada Goose again .. eh.  :gocan:

3087DC2A-8C94-43AF-8101-7CC4321EDEF3.png

That girl is massive.  Googled her.  Amazing athlete, and 6’9”!  

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That girl is massive.  Googled her.  Amazing athlete, and 6’9”!  

Does she skate? :canucks:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

Does she skate? :canucks:

I don’t know, but just imagine the babies those two could produce.  Talk about the future of hockey! 

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On 4/19/2019 at 9:19 AM, stawns said:

I think it's obvious, to me anyway, that he will always feel he needs to be chased and coveted.

So does everyone earning a ton of money, if they weren’t in demand, they wouldn’t be offered big money.

12 hours ago, Slegr said:

Whether or not Tryamkin can be convinced to buy out his final year of KHL contract and come play with the Canucks is one of the possibilities I'm most excited about this off-season, despite the low possibility of this happening. 

I'd appreciate the Canucks to communicate any news about how discussions with Tryamkin's agent are transpiring throughout the summer. Nothing wrong with some transparency, and keeps things interesting.

Probably not going to happen :lol: