The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

On 04/11/2018 at 6:26 PM, WeneedLumme said:

Yeah I'm sure that the financial issues could be worked out if he (and his wife) were ready to come over here.

Well she's liking to be seen doing a lot of higher end shopping, if he signed here she could get a credit card with more weight to it.

22 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Looks like Tryamkin's injury is more serious than we are told - Tryamkin is replaced by Hafizullin in the Russian national team for the Karjala Cup due to his injury.

Is it known what type of injury he has? Hope it's something he can fully recover from. 

4 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

No, we should wait and sign him.

No thanks. Not interested in entitled rookies who whine about not getting enough play-time when showing up 40 pounds overweight and then still ending up playing 15 minutes a night as a ROOKIE, on the PP and PK. This is not Nikita Tryamkin development team, neither is he Lemeuix who owns the team as a player-owner. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 5

1 hour ago, canuckistani said:

No thanks. Not interested in entitled rookies who whine about not getting enough play-time when showing up 40 pounds overweight and then still ending up playing 15 minutes a night as a ROOKIE, on the PP and PK. This is not Nikita Tryamkin development team, neither is he Lemeuix who owns the team as a player-owner. 

So with that valuation, you're actually expecting something in return for his rights?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canuckistani said:

That was a few years ago now. He's grown up and learned some valuable lessons playing in the KHL. By the way, Tryamkin didn't show up to training camp at 305 lbs. I doubt he would complain about his minutes if he came back, and if he did, he'd suffer for it.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That was a few years ago now. He's grown up and learned some valuable lessons playing in the KHL. By the way, Tryamkin didn't show up to training camp at 305 lbs. I doubt he would complain about his minutes if he came back, and if he did, he'd suffer for it.

he came in at 270-ish and stabilized around 230-240-ish pounds.

I see no reason to think he isn't an entitled guy.

2 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Nikita was roughly signed for 1 million USD. The income tax flat rate in Russia is 13% so he receives 870,000 USD after taxes. In Canada Tryamkin would need to sign contract for about 2.5 million to make the same money after taxes - the average income tax rate for NHL players in Canada is 53% and 15% escrow NHL fee with 2% return.

Thanks Stierlitz. I had wondered about this. I wonder how much he was offered to stay in the NHL. And I wonder how much will entice him to come back.

18 hours ago, canuckistani said:

Oh your the huge Philip Larsen fan. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Hmm there is an interesting article in the Russian online newspaper Sport Express with salaries of the Avtomobilist players http://www.sport-express.ru/hockey/khl/reviews/vse-zarplaty-hokkeistov-khl-skolko-poluchayut-igroki-lidera-ligi-skolko-stoit-gegemoniya-avtomobilista-1476213/ (in Russian). We can finally find out how much Nikita is actually making in the KHL.

So I am providing the most expensive contracts for the club, the first number is base salary in million roubles, the second one is bonus. Bonuses in the KHL are almost guaranteed, this is just the way to save some money for the club with mandatory pension, insurance and other government deductions.

- Goalie:   Kovar  Czech Rep.    56   60    116

- Defence:    Egorshev  Russia    50   11    61

Tryamkin   Russia    48   11    59

Lyamin    Russia      42   13    55

- Forwards:  Dawes  Canada    150   40   190

Da Costa  France   60   46   106

Sexston   USA        80   22   102

Milovzorov   Russia    41   29     70

Pare      Canada      40   22     62

The USA/RUB rate in 2017 when Tryamkin signed his KHL contract was between 56 and 61 with the average official number of 58 so Nikita was roughly signed for 1 million USD. The income tax flat rate in Russia is 13% so he receives 870,000 USD after taxes. In Canada Tryamkin would need to sign contract for about 2.5 million to make the same money after taxes - the average income tax rate for NHL players in Canada is 53% and 15% escrow NHL fee with 2% return.

There is good article about how much NHL players pay in taxes: https://www.bna.com/nhl-players-salaries-n73014470580/

Wow, that's in the ballpark where I've been guessing, thanks Sterlitz, I think he can get a bridge deal here between 3-5 million. And I think he wants to win a championship for Atvo this year as well, but man he has left a lot of money on the table for his hometown. And his family I should add.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Slegr said:

Thanks Stierlitz. I had wondered about this. I wonder how much he was offered to stay in the NHL. And I wonder how much will entice him to come back.

Benning did say they had a 2 year deal on the table, so I'd guess it was something in the total value of 2.5 mil before taxes, etc. going home wasn't as bad a hit to him financially. Plus it would be cheaper from a daily living pov as well. 

• Cheers 1

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:07 PM, Slegr said:

Is it known what type of injury he has? Hope it's something he can fully recover from. 

No details of his minor injury but the Avto coach says that he fully expects Nikita in the lineup after the current break in the KHL schedule due to the Karjala Cup games for the national team.

• Upvote 1