The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

19 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Being better than Hutton then wasn’t a huge accompaniment. 

He showed some flashes, but was far from a consistent force. 

He he hasn’t proven anything worthy of a long term or high salary contract.  

He deserves a 1 year show me deal to really gauge where he is at and what he is worth. 

If he isn’t willing to prove his worth and earn a big contract, then he hasn’t grown since he bailed.  In that case, he can shove it. 

Your view is deluded.  I sat through and watched about 70 of those 82 games in that dreadful season.  

Tryamkin was the lone bright spot besides Stecher.  

Michael Del Zotto is making 3 mill/season.  

You do realize that professional athletes are hired contractors?  Why would a player take less then his market value?  He could suffer a career ending injury and his "prove his worth" wouldn't be worth $hit.  

21 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

If he spends 3 years in the KHL and then wants to come back I suspect the Canuck depth might have passed him by. Not only the depth but the time line. How do you really measure how well he is doing in the KHL? If I was developing a player for the NHL I would want him in the AHL way before the KHL.  

Well he was one of the best defensemen in the KHL last year.  That's not really up for debate, he made the all star team and was widely praised. 

KHL is a slightly better league then the Swedish Elite League  (Year old league-to-NHL translation factors: .74 KHL, .58 SHL, .47 AHL (1 KHL pt = .74 NHL pt) 

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Your view is deluded.  I sat through and watched about 70 of those 82 games in that dreadful season.  

Tryamkin was the lone bright spot besides Stecher.  

Michael Del Zotto is making 3 mill/season.  

You do realize that professional athletes are hired contractors?  Why would a player take less then his market value?  He could suffer a career ending injury and his "prove his worth" wouldn't be worth $hit.  

He doesn’t have an established market value.  

He has one season a couple years ago where he had an ok year.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Being better than Hutton then wasn’t a huge accompaniment. 

He showed some flashes, but was far from a consistent force. 

He he hasn’t proven anything worthy of a long term or high salary contract.  

He deserves a 1 year show me deal to really gauge where he is at and what he is worth. 

If he isn’t willing to prove his worth and earn a big contract, then he hasn’t grown since he bailed.  In that case, he can shove it. 

^^  eg. “butt hurt”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:10 PM, Quantum said:

A couple of things --

-A year ago Tryamkin's agent said that "KHL contracts are made to be broken"

-This sudden fall from grace for Tryamkin bodes well for the Canucks bringing Tryamkin back.

-KHL season ends by March.

I feel like Tryamkin's style is better for the NHL. I feel like he gets exposed more in bigger ice surfaces thanks to his size. He's fast for a guy his size. I feel a return is inevitable.

Also, for Tryamkin, next season seems like a good fit for his return. There'll be roster spots open on defense (Del Zotto, Edler gone for sure, Hutton, Pouliot could be gone too, at least one, if not both). Sure, Hughes and a UFA like Tyler Myers might take spots but... it makes me wonder... If Benning got word from Tryamkin's camp that he'd be willing to make his Canucks return in March, would that give Benning the courage to deal both Edler and Tanev? Or at least trade Edler by the deadline?

Trading Edler may not be a slam dunk, he does have an NTC - which may not be insurmountable, but makes it more difficult to get value.  Also, we have to get and keep Edler healthy - with Hutton's much improved game, a reduction of Edler's minutes might get us a better Edler.

15 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I think your close Hairy,.  I think I would go less term on the bridge,  the Canucks have been patient with him.

2 years allows Nik to give it all to show he wants to be here or go home, and for management to make up their minds on extending him. There are other D pushing hard from the farm after this season.. fair that they get an opportunity to prove as well.

I do think Nik IS NHL ready,. he was with us,  hard to think he would not stick regardless of any logjam that might occur.. he is unique, a big man who can skate exceptionally, play the game well, and physically an asset.. the upside or untapped ceiling on his game is an offensive prowess we have seen glimpses of, but not utilized by systems he is indentured in. 

I think Green would unlock this kid and utilize him in situational play with the Dynamics of Boeser, Pettersen, Horvat, and Goldobin,. the way our new core “see’s” the ice,  a body the size of Nik’s in full flight is a scary thing to be in front of.. something we have seen in his breakaway hilites.

I think a bridge of 2 years at 3.5 which I beleive was similar to the one accepted by Gudbranson would entice Tryamkin enough to stay and prove himself to be worth between 4.5 and 5m on an extension.. 

I think the Cap is rising at aprx 10-12 % per season,.  the bridge, although sounds like a lot, isn’t a lot any more.. and if he proves himself a “keeper”, and we were able to lock him in for 5-6 years @ roughly 5m per..  a fair deal for Nik and a fantastic one for the Canucks.

Green does seem to get buy in from players.  We appear to be more fit and have a more aggressive, attacking mentality this year.  This year, instead of collapsing under the weight of injuries, we appear to be thriving as players step up and perform.  I believe something like 24 or 25 plyers have at least one point this year, which speaks to depth and buy in.  It also doesn't hurt to pick up a great talent like Pettersson, who puts a much effort into hi defensive responsibilities as his offensive ones, and to already have a young leader like Horvat who exemplifies exactly that.

• Upvote 2

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:44 PM, canuckledraggin said:

Cue the Larsen comparisons from the usual suspects. Also include the word entitled, say something about pot and his new bride being pregnant or something else you couldn't possibly know. Then talk about his weight and how out of shape he is, and how he will need to re-adjust to the smaller ice surface... I'm actually going to start a new rumor and let everyone know that Putin is a Flames fan and paid him off in order to keep him in Russia until Calgary wins the cup. Sounds reasonable.

How's Tryamkin's facial expressions been lately? 

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Looks like Tryamkin has recovered from his injury as he's currently in the lineup and playing. No points (yet), but he has 2 SOG and 1 hit, and Avto leads 1-0 in the second period.

Two assists now (so far) for Nikita, and Avto tied 3-3 and going to OT. Has played around 20 minutes so far.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

20:31 TOI and 33 shifts (team high) for Tryamkin as Avto falls 4-3 in OT.

Big Nik had 2 assists (1 primary), 2 SOG, 1 hit, 1 block, and he drew a penalty.

Thank you for the updates Sid !

Injury does not sound hindering or lingering. :) 

20 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Looks like Tryamkin will be an All-Star again this year.

Fan voting is closed and Nik appears to have received the second highest total for a defensemen in the Kharlamov Divison. I believe that means he will be in the starting lineup for his divisional team.

https://www.allstarweek.com/khl/

Yes, fans voted exactly for the starting lineup and Tryamkin will represent the Kharlamov division along with his Avto teammate Nigel Dawes.

allstar.jpg

• Upvote 2

No points for Tryamkin today in Avto's 4-0 victory.

Tryamkin played 23:52 on 30 shifts (both were team highs) and had 2 SOG, 3 blocks, and 1 hit.

EDIT: Seems like Avto rejigged the ice time distribution for this game. For most of the season, they've had 8 D available each game and played 7 of them, which meant an average of 17 minutes per Dman (and Tryamkin has averaged 19:13 TOI/GP this season). Today, they had 7 Ds available and played 6, and Nik's icetime was back to the levels we're more used to seeing, with him playing almost 24 minutes.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So another loss for Avto, and Tryamkin still appears to be out of the lineup with a mysterious ailment.

Not sure what happened to the big guy, but he hasn’t played in a while, and he’s missed more games lately than just the normal D rotation.

In his absence, Avto have been losing, and CSKA has now overtaken them for first place in the KHL. Coincidence?