The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

5 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

Maybe he told his coach if he doesn't play every game he is going back to the NHL:gocan:

Maybe his wife wanted to go shopping in Moscow.  Maybe he is holding out for a goat sacrifice at center ice. WHo knows what incentives are being demanded. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:48 AM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

So another loss for Avto, and Tryamkin still appears to be out of the lineup with a mysterious ailment.

Not sure what happened to the big guy, but he hasn’t played in a while, and he’s missed more games lately than just the normal D rotation.

Sorry for late response, was away on vacation for a week. Tryamkin was officially placed by Avto in the KHL injured players list on Nov 21. He would not be on the ice as minimum until Dec 7. Tryamkin has not played since Nov 16. No details of his injury provided yet.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2018 at 9:27 PM, Slegr said:

There you have it. He bleeds blue and green, a true Canucks at heart. Injured like the rest of the team.

650 am said they know he was watching the Canucks Skills Comp this past weekend..

Hope Benning is on a plane to see him after this KHL season ends.

Missed watching Nik hammering J Benn .. those are still great hilights!

• Upvote 3

On 12/7/2018 at 12:34 PM, Where'd Luongo? said:

You've gotta think this guy is starting to lean toward the Canucks after this debacle of a season.

He and his agent have been pretty consistent saying he would honour his contract in the KHL just like he did in the NHL... I think it is a long shot to see him next year.

Maybe there is an out clause, and it is the KHL so lots of bad things could happen unexpectedly. 

On 12/5/2018 at 1:38 PM, SilentSam said:

650 am said they know he was watching the Canucks Skills Comp this past weekend..

Hope Benning is on a plane to see him after this KHL season ends.

Missed watching Nik hammering J Benn .. those are still great hilights!

doubtful, he's still under contract for another season after this one

23 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

His agent a while back stated that KHL contracts can be negotiated and bought out.

”anything can happen”.. was his quote after mentioning that.

true, but I'm pretty sure Try said he intends to honour his contract

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, stawns said:

true, but I'm pretty sure Try said he intends to honour his contract

... I’m pretty sure his good pal Goldy is saying great things about Coach Green,.  and letting him know the team could use his prowess.

Russians do seem to be a little different to deal with,.  and if Benning and Green let him sincerely know that he has been watched and still wanted.. next seasons timing might be the best for Nik to come back..   after next season we should have a handful of prospects ready to make the Team.

Personally, I think if Nik was to come back, next season offers the best opportunity for both player and club.

26 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

... I’m pretty sure his good pal Goldy is saying great things about Coach Green,.  and letting him know the team could use his prowess.

Russians do seem to be a little different to deal with,.  and if Benning and Green let him sincerely know that he has been watched and still wanted.. next seasons timing might be the best for Nik to come back..   after next season we should have a handful of prospects ready to make the Team.

Personally, I think if Nik was to come back, next season offers the best opportunity for both player and club.

The sad thing about Tryamkin is that if he comes back it won't be as a finished product. The KHL is no where close to the NHL and his game is not close to where it will have to be. He will be a bottom pairing guy still trying to prove his game. If anything the NHL game is even faster. I can root for the guy but he will have a big challenge. 

It will be interesting to see how hard his KHL team will fight to keep him. If he wants back into the NHL I believe he can buy his contract out. 

Edited by Boudrias

51 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

The sad thing about Tryamkin is that if he comes back it won't be as a finished product. The KHL is no where close to the NHL and his game is not close to where it will have to be. He will be a bottom pairing guy still trying to prove his game. If anything the NHL game is even faster. I can root for the guy but he will have a big challenge. 

It will be interesting to see how hard his KHL team will fight to keep him. If he wants back into the NHL I believe he can buy his contract out. 

Personally I think he proved to us already that he can play, skate, and compete against some of the NHL’s best Bouds...  and when you’ve had a rookie like Nik man handle the likes of J Benn and others,.  You want to keep him.

Benning tried,.  Because he WAS NHL ready.. I’m sure he will again.

Pairings are an interesting topic..

I like to think that a number 1 D, might pair off better with a 3 D better..  it’s all about Dynamics and chemistry.. not necessarily the “order” of things.

Nik was impressive here,.  I think he suits the Dynamics that may soon exist in our D core.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Personally I think he proved to us already that he can play, skate, and compete against some of the NHL’s best Bouds...  and when you’ve had a rookie like Nik man handle the likes of J Benn and others,.  You want to keep him.

I like to think that a number 1 D, might pair off better with a 3 D better..  it’s all about Dynamics and chemistry.. not necessarily the “order” of things.

Nik was impressive here,.  I think he suits the Dynamics that may soon exist in our D core.

Who mentioned trading Tryamkin’s rights for Fox’s?  Maybe that’s a win for us?  Fox might want to play with EP40?  

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Alflives said:

I love the big guy too, but Alf’s a feared he won’t play on the west coast.  

Then the chances are he won’t play anywhere Alf..  he is attached and watches this team closely.. as you know.

but yes, hockey is a Buisness..  but any other team acquiring his rights would likely need confirmation that he would go..  or  compensation if he didn’t .

Edited by SilentSam

On 12/11/2018 at 5:39 PM, SilentSam said:

I certainly agree that his rookie season had a lot of exciting moments. I simply do not like his spending 3 years in the KHL. We can only hope he comes back to Van a little more mature and committed to the NHL. 

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I certainly agree that his rookie season had a lot of exciting moments. I simply do not like his spending 3 years in the KHL. We can only hope he comes back to Van a little more mature and committed to the NHL. 

and the truth is, for a lot of Euro's, the NHL isn't the be all end all for them.  Can't fault a guy for wanting to play in his own country.  That said, I hope he does see the NHL as the best of the best and wants to play in Van.

• Cheers 2