The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

35 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Then, he gets snubbed for the outdoor game he’d wanted to play his whole life, and he’s traded two days later.

Funny how we always want whatever we don't have. When I was a kid I played on outdoor rinks all the time. Back then I would have thought it was heaven to be able to play on an indoor rink with Zambonis, smooth ice, bathrooms, no minus 25 degrees temperature, blowing snow or wind chill, etc.

Edited by WeneedLumme
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Lack only started getting more games cause fans here loved the backups. I have no doubt in my mind fans wanted Lu gone especially after Schneider was traded in place of him. We had a huge love for backup goalies for a while there. Now all we have are backups.

Yes, I remember that Torts was well known for making his lineup decisions based on what the fans wanted. Lol.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

I think his new wife had something to do with going back to Russia. So I hope his wife has grown up and matured.

HH..  I just read all your posts, that’s some fantastic insight you give. .  .  What bridge do you live under?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yes, I remember that Torts was well known for making his lineup decisions based on what the fans wanted. Lol.

Good one!  Torts even said he believes conflict with his players is a good thing.  He does this song and dance on every team he's with.  That's why his tenure with every team he's with is so short.  

• Upvote 1

I think Travis Green is the perfect coach for Nikita so I hope NT comes back.  I don't see Green pulling stupid crap like showing him a tape of Pronger and simply saying 'play like this.'  He'd be honest and open and that would make the communication between coach and player a lot more clearer.  I got the sense that Nikita, much like Virtanen, had no idea what the coaches at the time wanted out of them.

Also off topic but in regards to Luongo, I was extremely disappointed at his lack of professionalism with regards to not starting the outdoor game(wasn't even outdoor btw lol).  I thought he pouted like a little child and I am glad he's gone. 

Edited by Tre Mac
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, the final straw was benching Luongo in favour of Lack for the 2014 Heritage Classic.

Here’s what Lu had to say about it:

"There's no hiding it. I did want to play that game," Luongo, in recalling that day, told reporters. "I mean that goes without saying, and if I would have played I probably would maybe still be here. Who knows?"

The Canucks, for their part, claimed that they didn’t start Luongo because they were already in trade negotiations with Florida and didn’t want to risk an injury.

But Luongo has been pretty consistent in saying the he’d actually committed to the idea of staying in Vancouver. And that the snub at the Heritage Classic is what pushed him over the edge. He’d wanted to play in an outdoor game for years, had special gear made for the game, and fully expected to play. And then they sat him and played Lack. After that, there was no way he was staying in Vancouver.

Even 3 years later, Luongo was still sore about it:

And when he was traded, Lu still had a full NTC, so the Canucks needed his approval to make the trade. At the time the Canucks were supposedly negotiating the deal, Luongo was saying he was ready to stay in Vancouver, and he was looking forward to playing for the Canucks in the Heritage Classic.

Then, he gets snubbed for the outdoor game he’d wanted to play his whole life, and he’s traded two days later.

And he’s still upset about how it all went down.

Had Lou really wanted to stay, dang... he would still be a better goalie than our current bunch  imagine Lou Mentoring Demko... Dejavu 

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, the final straw was benching Luongo in favour of Lack for the 2014 Heritage Classic.

Here’s what Lu had to say about it:

"There's no hiding it. I did want to play that game," Luongo, in recalling that day, told reporters. "I mean that goes without saying, and if I would have played I probably would maybe still be here. Who knows?"

The Canucks, for their part, claimed that they didn’t start Luongo because they were already in trade negotiations with Florida and didn’t want to risk an injury.

But Luongo has been pretty consistent in saying the he’d actually committed to the idea of staying in Vancouver. And that the snub at the Heritage Classic is what pushed him over the edge. He’d wanted to play in an outdoor game for years, had special gear made for the game, and fully expected to play. And then they sat him and played Lack. After that, there was no way he was staying in Vancouver.

Even 3 years later, Luongo was still sore about it:

And when he was traded, Lu still had a full NTC, so the Canucks needed his approval to make the trade. At the time the Canucks were supposedly negotiating the deal, Luongo was saying he was ready to stay in Vancouver, and he was looking forward to playing for the Canucks in the Heritage Classic.

And he’s still upset about how it all went down.

To me, it was obvious that Luongo had checked out of Vancouver long before that.  His body language more than spelled that out, to say nothing of his play.

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

Never said that, but yes make more assumptions. What team trades two starting goalies to run with Lack? Come on now, you have to think Aquaman was listening to fans and was saying stuff to the team. 

18 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I look at the time away as a time of growth for him,.  Regardless,. Time usually does that.

Nik did bring attention to himself and his physical play here..  as a 21 yr old,. Maybe it was best to develop his game where he would get 20 mins a game? No harm in that.

..and perhaps not having to answer to the likes of bigger stronger MEN as a 21 yr old,. And let his body mature physically for a couple years elsewhere will prove to be a blessing for us.

He wasn’t going to get 20+ mins a game here... as much as I wanted to see him stay,. I’m will be happier to see him return, fully developed and getting 16-20 mins a game every night playing the exciting game he does.

Patience is a virtue here..

I hope so Sam. Bottom line tho was by the end of the year in Vancouver he was getting +18 minutes. In the KHL he has been facing a rotation of 8 d-men. It appears the KHL is geared towards offence on a big ice surface and the d-side is pretty loose. The NHL is smaller ice and decidedly more physical. We have to have a CUP capable d-core which is currently the biggest weakness the Canucks have.   

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

HH..  I just read all your posts, that’s some fantastic insight you give. .  .  What bridge do you live under?

FYI Fremont Seattle...and my fantastic insight is pure common sense as an outsider looking at a situation.

5E964C7E-0DF1-4039-BB6F-66F033E4E383.png

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Lack only started getting more games cause fans here loved the backups. I have no doubt in my mind fans wanted Lu gone especially after Schneider was traded in place of him. We had a huge love for backup goalies for a while there. Now all we have are backups.

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Never said that, but yes make more assumptions.

3 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Lack only started getting more games cause fans here loved the backups.

Never said that huh? Gosh, must be my limited English comprehension.

If I were a Russian citizen, I'd hold a lot of respect for NT. I do anyways(as a Canadian). He's his own guy, with his own priorities. Won't assume what they are, cos' that's his biz.

He's also got fine lookin' little Missus. The guy ain't starving. What more can a healthy young guy ask for?!

Hope he returns to Van..stated as a Canucks-backer. Just what they need, imho

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

If I were a Russian citizen, I'd hold a lot of respect for NT. I do anyways(as a Canadian). He's his own guy, with his own priorities. Won't assume what they are, cos' that's his biz.

He's also got fine lookin' little Missus. The guy ain't starving. What more can a healthy young guy ask for?!

Hope he returns to Van..stated as a Canucks-backer. Just what they need, imho

If you were a Russian citizen you wouldn't care about NT at all.

You would be too busy trying to hack the American elections for Trump!!  :ph34r:

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Funny, but I I think a guy's wife missing home will absolutely affect him, and his decision making.  I wonder if Tryamkin (and his wife) would prefer the east coast, where flights home direct, and there are other Russian players on the teams?  Maybe Washington or Tampa?  

I do believe big Trym will be back in a Canucks uni. And sadly yes I believe this moving back to Russia thing is and was a maturity problem.

but we’ll have to wait...for his contract to expire or be bought out.

Trym is a beast on the ice and I would love him back in the Canucks lineup.

hoping for a Q Hughes - Trym line

ps: life under Fremont bridge in Seattle is great, but it smells of pee(maybe it’s mine) and the yiiie fiiies sux. But the free food is great.

Edited by HockeyHarry

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Funny, but I I think a guy's wife missing home will absolutely affect him, and his decision making.  I wonder if Tryamkin (and his wife) would prefer the east coast, where flights home direct, and there are other Russian players on the teams?  Maybe Washington or Tampa?  

Alf,.    This “guy’s wife” thingy is only media and fan based speculation..

all being overgenerated, regurgitated, digested, defficated, picked up, bagged, ... and easily reusable by just adding water.

check the label Alfy-boy.. it’s really not fit to consume. ;) 

2 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

I do believe big Trym will be back in a Canucks uni. And sadly yes I believe this moving back to Russia thing is and was a maturity problem.

but we’ll have to wait...for his contract to expire or be bought out.

Trym is a beast on the ice and I would love him back in the Canucks lineup.

hoping for a Q Hughes - Trym line

ps: life under Fremont bridge in Seattle is great, but it smells of pee(maybe it’s mine) and the yiiie fiiies sux. But the free food is great.

If your lucky,  the expanding Team in Seattle might trade a draft pick for Tryamkin ;)

.. but I would rather continue watching him in. Nucks jersey, rag-dolling Jamie Benn .

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

If you were a Russian citizen you wouldn't care about NT at all.

You would be too busy trying to hack the American elections for Trump!!  :ph34r:

Actually, you’d be busy trying to launder the 145 million the Clintons got for facilitating Uranium One, delivering 20% of US uranium production to the Russians, then acquiring anti-Trump BS  from Steele for 12 million from the Democratic Party, and using that dossier to provide the basis for the Mueller investigation.  How could you possibly disrupt America so much in the process of getting their uranium supply?

• Cheers 2

According to the Tryamkin's fellow defenceman Vasilevsky who is playing for the Russian national team in the current EuroCup tournament  (interview dated Dec 12), Nikita is still recovering from his mysterious injury. For some reason the KHL weekly official list of injured players, which is supposed to be on Dec 12, has not been published yet so I am not sure if Tryamkin is still on IR. There is short break in the KHL games right now until Dec 17 due to the EuroCup tournament.

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1