The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

18 hours ago, stawns said:

I think he just under estimated what being an NHL player meant and required of his mind and body, he was vastly unprepared and not accepting the two week conditioning assignment was, in retrospect, a red flag to where his head was back.

We'll see in the next two years if he's a guy who wants to be amongst the best in the world or if he's happy with the comforts of home and an easier road

Unless the Canucks are talking to Tryamkin I doubt he lasts 2 years before Benning tries to move him. His KHL contract is up at the end of next year so that is probably the action deadline. 

I would like to see him take another crack at the NHL but will be nervous about what he demands in a new deal. 

6 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Unless the Canucks are talking to Tryamkin I doubt he lasts 2 years before Benning tries to move him. His KHL contract is up at the end of next year so that is probably the action deadline. 

I would like to see him take another crack at the NHL but will be nervous about what he demands in a new deal. 

It seems unlikely that Tryamkin’s rights get traded.

You would be trading at literally pennies on the dollar for the “chance” he comes and plays in the NHL and manages to be effective.   There wouldn’t be much of a return.

The possible upside of getting a top 4 D is way higher than the upside of a 5th or 6th round pick or whatever you could get for his rights.

Edited by Provost
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Boudrias said:

To be honest, I'd be really surprised if we trade his rights. What exactly would we trade him for? He's not going to fetch us a top 4 defender and, so long as his heart's in the KHL, I would be very surprised  if he fetched us a decent prospect even.

Edited by The Lock

38 minutes ago, Provost said:

You would be trading at literally pennies on the dollar for the “chance” he comes and plays in the NHL and manages to be effective.   There wouldn’t be much of a return.

The possible upside of getting a top 4 D is way higher than the upside of a 5th or 6th round pick or whatever you could get for his rights.

This. Better to just keep his rights and try to ride it out and see what happens. JB said in a recent interview that he is in constant contact with Try's agent. If it is never going to happen maybe JB let's them talk to a team that he would play for and then trade his rights?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Provost said:

Tryamkin's trade value is based on scouting with the same attraction to other NHL teams that Vancouver sees in him. He has one year of NHL film to put in the folder as well. I am sure that NHL scouts are common at KHL games. I don't think you can talk top 4 potential and then suggest Tryamkin would have no value in a trade. NHL is a small world. 

All this aside if there are no interested trade partners then Benning has to get him back in Van for a look. The problem I can see is that Tryamkin will want both term and money which could be a problem based on their assessment.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Tryamkin's trade value is based on scouting with the same attraction to other NHL teams that Vancouver sees in him. He has one year of NHL film to put in the folder as well. I am sure that NHL scouts are common at KHL games. I don't think you can talk top 4 potential and then suggest Tryamkin would have no value in a trade. NHL is a small world. 

All this aside if there are no interested trade partners then Benning has to get him back in Van for a look. The problem I can see is that Tryamkin will want both term and money which could be a problem based on their assessment.  

Top 4 potential but no guarantee that he will ever come to the NHL and no contract or club control.

Also, no recent NHL play to point to.

All that adds up to a very low return for his rights.

19 hours ago, Provost said:

I could see a team with strong Russian connections wanting Tryamkin.  Washington?  I think us taking Burakovski, and them getting Tryamkin's rights would be ideal for them.  (not that I personally wan't Burakovski)  That saves the Caps on the salary cap too, and they could bring in Tryamkin for the last 10 games of this season and the playoffs.  

On 12/16/2018 at 8:08 PM, Old school nuck said:

That is true but I felt he was looking fatigued and was in a goal slump just prior to that door.

He stated at the beginning of this year he had worked hard on his conditioning to withstand the rigors of a full nhl season.

So I guess he knew he hit the wall and was fatigued.

Rookies often make the mistake thinking their highly conditioned enough and hit that wall.

When Salo said that Joulevi needed to be in better shape he didn't mean hes in bad shape just that most rookies underestimate the conditioning you need to avoid hitting that fatigue wall.

Boeser and Hutton thought they had worked hard enough on their conditioning last year but were wrong .

This year they know and have started this year in top professionally condition.

Tram in my estimation has failed to take conditioning serious enough and clearly labors  on the ice and that is the root of all his problems.

Eh??   3 years ago.  Dude...Flush your toilet.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Try looked good today.Played a quiet game, stay at home style (only one puck carrying rush into the O zone). One hit was funny a player purposely fell onto the ice in the corner rather than being hit by Try. Tryamkin had one real good hit on a 50 50 puck in the neutral zone. He wasn't trying to nail the guy but did.Crunched him.

Try was out for the last 2 minutes to seal a one goal win.

But hang on, Try is supposed to be getting benched and scratched!  

They stripped him of his C.  

Makes no sense that he’s out there for the last two minutes! 

5 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

But hang on, Try is supposed to be getting benched and scratched!  

They stripped him of his C.  

Makes no sense that he’s out there for the last two minutes! 

Dawes looks like a good choice for the C. Scores regularly leads by example. What scares me is the Atvo D didn't look as good as the last time I watched them. I hope their just sitting another good D man for the game. I really hope they win it all this year. Their playoffs begin in Feb/Mar I think.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I’m drunk, and I’m mad at Tryamkin.  He’s really good, and big, and strong.  We need him!  He’s a big boy who skates really good.  He should come back.  His wife, who is very young, can live with the Alfs.  Mrs. Slf even likes Vodka.  That Fussian!  Yes, Alf ha been drinking.  I miss our big Russian:(

Another thing I noticed in this mornings game was he looked kinda 'bored' if that could be a thing. Here because of the ice surface difference he had to be involved in every play and in the crease. The most excited he looked was in helping kill those last 2 minutes to protect a one goal lead. 

I hope he watches our game last night.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Another thing I noticed in this mornings game was he looked kinda 'bored' if that could be a thing. Here because of the ice surface difference he had to be involved in every play and in the crease. The most excited he looked was in helping kill those last 2 minutes to protect a one goal lead. 

I hope he watches our game last night.

Yes.  If he watched our game he’d be wanting to come back and help our guts with the fight.  Willie D was the worst coach ever, and I so t forgive him for screwing with Tryamkin.  Stupid Willie. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yes.  If he watched our game he’d be wanting to come back and help our guts with the fight.  Willie D was the worst coach ever, and I so t forgive him for screwing with Tryamkin.  Stupid Willy !

There,...         Fixed it for you Alf,.  You must be drinking or sumthin’ ?   ;)   

Careful ,.  Don’t be mixing your meds with that.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Haha 1

On 12/20/2018 at 7:03 AM, Alflives said:

Yes.  If he watched our game he’d be wanting to come back and help our guts with the fight.  Willie D was the worst coach ever, and I so t forgive him for screwing with Tryamkin.  Stupid Willie. 

He screwed with FA, sober up you furry specimen.