The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

24 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

When is the Russian league season over?  Is Auto in a playoff spot?  What are the chances we can buy out Tryamkin's contract this year and add him to our playoff run?

Pouliot   Tryamkin

or

Tryamkin   Stecher

would make a really nice 3rd pairing...

Regular season ends Feb 22. Playoffs start Feb 25. Gagarin Cup Final should be April 25.

Avto is first in KHL East and one point back of first overall in league.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Regular season ends Feb 22. Playoffs start Feb 25. Gagarin Cup Final should be April 25.

Great thanks, so I guess they will make the playoffs and have a good chance to go all the way, which means Tryamkin is most likely not a possibility this year...

7 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

He always said he would play out his contract so that is another year away. The question might become whether he sees more value coming back to NA as a UFA than as a Vancouver property. The other aspect is that people build lives and he might simply re-up with his KHL team. I had read that there was a real possibility that 4 or 5 KHL teams might fold. Payrolls were late for many last year. I believe contracts in US$'s were ignored as players received rubles. 

We are all aware of the goat sacrifice at center ice last year. Giordano added to the KHL mythology last night on 'After Hours'. When he played in the KHL his team fired the coach and then went on a losing streak under the new coach. He said they were on a road trip when their bus stopped infront of a Russian Orthodox Church. He was told they all had to go inside and have their hockey sticks blessed. Apparently the wife of the fired coach had put a curse on their sticks. Does Tryamkin burn candles?  

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

He always said he would play out his contract so that is another year away. The question might become whether he sees more value coming back to NA as a UFA than as a Vancouver property. The other aspect is that people build lives and he might simply re-up with his KHL team. I had read that there was a real possibility that 4 or 5 KHL teams might fold. Payrolls were late for many last year. I believe contracts in US$'s were ignored as players received rubles. 

We are all aware of the goat sacrifice at center ice last year. Giordano added to the KHL mythology last night on 'After Hours'. When he played in the KHL his team fired the coach and then went on a losing streak under the new coach. He said they were on a road trip when their bus stopped infront of a Russian Orthodox Church. He was told they all had to go inside and have their hockey sticks blessed. Apparently the wife of the fired coach had put a curse on their sticks. Does Tryamkin burn candles?  

LoL!  That’s hockey superstition at its best Bouds’..  and probably the best story about it I’ve heard!

im hoping Nik is getting tired of sitting out games in the mandatory rotation Avtomobilists Dfence is taking.

Between the rotation and an short term injury, Nik might be lucky to account for about 40 games played this season.

I do hope Tryamkin is Re-evaluating this, although he is getting over 20 mins of ice per game,. I think a far better opportunity will await him here in Vancouver next season.

Hope his agent, and the Canucks have some great conversations this Summer that get Nik back asap.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, vannuck59 said:

Only way he comes back to us is if we over pay 5 mil. would be ball park or he will test free agency. JB totally screwed the pooch on this should have given him 3.5 mil a year for 2 years. Money talks bull $&!#e walks.

Free agency occurs when he turns 27, I believe, so a long wait ! ( he's 24 now )

17 hours ago, SilentSam said:

LoL!  That’s hockey superstition at its best Bouds’..  and probably the best story about it I’ve heard!

im hoping Nik is getting tired of sitting out games in the mandatory rotation Avtomobilists Dfence is taking.

Between the rotation and an short term injury, Nik might be lucky to account for about 40 games played this season.

I do hope Tryamkin is Re-evaluating this, although he is getting over 20 mins of ice per game,. I think a far better opportunity will await him here in Vancouver next season.

Hope his agent, and the Canucks have some great conversations this Summer that get Nik back asap.

I believe the KHL still plays a 60 game sched. If they rotate their 8 d-men equally then Tryamkin gets 45 games in the year as long as he has no injuries. Quite frankly this is a joke compared to the NHL. Career wise going back to Russia was a huge mistake. If he sticks to his promise and plays out his contract it will be another year gone. Many fans are projecting him into a top 4 d-man spot. He might be capable of that but is Vancouver willing to wait? It is just not the issue of getting him up to NHL speed but it is about integrating him into a Canuck style of fast skating and puck movement. Sorry but the KHL style does not impress me. If Benning gets a trade offer on Tryamkin it might just take it.  

• Upvote 3

On 12/16/2018 at 3:57 PM, Slegr said:

People keep talking about Tryamkin coming in out of shape. Maybe he was, but personally I do think when players are that big, being in shape is a bit different. People were on Chara too, and on Buff for the same reasons. But I think different rules may apply when you’re abnormally big like these guys. It’s not meant to be a cop out, but a truth.

right

there is a whole professional league of very tall players

who are in excellent shape and stay in shape year round

they are professionals

why do you need to manufacture excuses for this guy ?

• Upvote 1

Not sure why there is this obsession on hoping that Tryamkin comes back. Don't get me wrong, he showed fairly well during his time here, but based on his comments after bolting for the KHL he clearly didn't want to be here nor the NHL. Why would you want someone who doesn't want to put in the work to be an everyday NHLer nor is a team player? If his attitude hasn't changed, I say good riddance. There are plenty of other guys who would fight tooth and nail to wear the blue and green and would be happy to do so. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, pluralsight said:

Not sure why there is this obsession on hoping that Tryamkin comes back.

After EP40, the one single player who would put my ample bum in a Rogers Arena seat, is Tryamkin ! All the other 'noise' about why he is not here is unproven pulp. Who cares !

Edited by SingleThorn
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

Why though? Cause he's 6'7? 

When he 'rushed' the puck it was not poetry in motion, but was a lot of fun to watch. When he cleared the front of the net it was sublime. When ( not often ) he got mad, anything could happen. His size exaggerated everything, especially with that under sized helmet perched on the top of his very big head ! Loved him  on the ice !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

When he 'rushed' the puck it was not poetry in motion, but was a lot of fun to watch. When he cleared the front of the net it was sublime. When ( not often ) he got mad, anything could happen. His size exaggerated everything, especially with that under sized helmet perched on the top of his very big head ! Loved him  on the ice !

Fair explanation. Like I said, I liked Tryamkin but if he doesn't want to be here nor does he want to put in the work to be an everyday NHLer, it would be unfair to the rest of the team to just hand him the minutes he is comfortable with. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pluralsight said:

Not sure why there is this obsession on hoping that Tryamkin comes back. Don't get me wrong, he showed fairly well during his time here, but based on his comments after bolting for the KHL he clearly didn't want to be here nor the NHL. Why would you want someone who doesn't want to put in the work to be an everyday NHLer nor is a team player? If his attitude hasn't changed, I say good riddance. There are plenty of other guys who would fight tooth and nail to wear the blue and green and would be happy to do so. 

The better question might be:

Will we even have room for him if he wants back?

Assuming we re-sign Edler, we'll have Edler, Hutton, Juolevi as left side depth, Hughes, Brisebois and Rathbone can play both sides iirc (as can Tryamkin), (assuming Tanev is gone after next year) Gudbranson, Stecher and then Woo, maybe Chatfield likely knocking on the door... That's a lot of capable bodies for 8'ish spots and it doesn't include the very real possibility of targeting someone in free agency (Myers, Karlsson etc) or trading some of our F depth for a D.

And I have to assume he's not keen on coming back for a 6-8 D depth role....

7 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I believe the KHL still plays a 60 game sched. If they rotate their 8 d-men equally then Tryamkin gets 45 games in the year as long as he has no injuries. Quite frankly this is a joke compared to the NHL. Career wise going back to Russia was a huge mistake. If he sticks to his promise and plays out his contract it will be another year gone. Many fans are projecting him into a top 4 d-man spot. He might be capable of that but is Vancouver willing to wait? It is just not the issue of getting him up to NHL speed but it is about integrating him into a Canuck style of fast skating and puck movement. Sorry but the KHL style does not impress me. If Benning gets a trade offer on Tryamkin it might just take it.  

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

The better question might be:

Will we even have room for him if he wants back?

Assuming we re-sign Edler, we'll have Edler, Hutton, Juolevi as left side depth, Hughes, Brisebois and Rathbone can play both sides iirc (as can Tryamkin), (assuming Tanev is gone after next year) Gudbranson, Stecher and then Woo, maybe Chatfield likely knocking on the door... That's a lot of capable bodies for 8'ish spots and it doesn't include the very real possibility of targeting someone in free agency (Myers, Karlsson etc) or trading some of our F depth for a D.

And I have to assume he's not keen on coming back for a 6-8 D depth role....

I think next season (19-20) might be the perfect opportunity for Nik to return..   l think you guys will agree that the 20-21 season will have our D core pretty well set for this franchise. 

Having said that,  let’s keep in mind that this is hockey, and anything could happen.. even if Tryamkin was to join the ranks in the 20-21 season, I think his play would have him getting great minutes, let’s not forget that he is playing in a professional league and not college.. and anyone who can rag doll Jamie Benn without really throwing a mitt, could play on my team.

7 hours ago, coastal.view said:

Tryamkin would easily slide in as our #3 defenseman right now. Plus he would be either the first or second most feared player on the team. 

No excuses - he is already better than the majority of our defense and he has played one NHL season. I wonder if you'll be able to get a new coastal.view of Tryamkin when he's on our top defensive pairing in 2021?  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Tryamkin would easily slide in as our #3 defenseman right now. Plus he would be either the first or second most feared player on the team. 

No excuses - he is already better than the majority of our defense and he has played one NHL season. I wonder if you'll be able to get a new coastal.view of Tryamkin when he's on our top defensive pairing in 2021?  

I haven't seen him play in 2 years now, but I don't think he is better than Edler, Tanev, or Hutton at this point.  Let's remember that Philip Larsen was the best defenseman in the KHL and was the worst on our team.  That league is not 1 small step below the NHL it is 2 or 3 giant leaps.  Nigel Dawes leads his team in scoring and, sadly, the league.  Very difficult to determine where he would fit in.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, coastal.view said:

right

there is a whole professional league of very tall players

who are in excellent shape and stay in shape year round

they are professionals

I'm not sure if peoples memories are just really short or if reality is just blurry. My take on the Tram situation is: He came into camp out of shape. He fully admitted that. The KHL pre-season is about a month long and players play their way into shape. In the NHL they get less than 2 weeks to work their way into the season.

He lost a significant amount of weight during the early portion of the season (reported 8% body fat give or take) and worked his into the lineup. He gets a ton of flak for not taking a conditioning stint in Utica, when it can be argued, that sending him across the continent to play in a lesser league, may not have made any difference at all considering the progress he was making in Vancouver.

When he was able to take a regular shift he was progressing well. Injuries that season, propelled him into a prominent role for stretches of the season and if not for the coaching (sorry Alfstonker) he would have been given the opportunity that he earned. 

He needs to learn the North American game, in particular the unwritten rules, but he is exactly what this team needs. You can't teach 6'7' with a stick that reaches further than the attacker can anticipate. I certainly hope he makes it back to Vancouver, because he is a game changing player.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1