The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

42 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

What maintenance, he hasn’t played here for almost 2 years?

The bigger maintenance is trying to get some of the CDC to realize that.. and let go of their pre-determined judgement of a really fantastic looking Canucks prospect in Tryamkin.

Even hockey players should be allowed to make decisions that might be the best for their careers or lives without so much negative judgement.

Tryamkin hasn’t cost this club a dime in pre-development hockey outside of the NHL.

He played one full season here that had most of us excited to see more of.

He made a decision to go back to his hometown team because his ice time was lower than he expected to develop with, and a Coach that wouldn’t or couldn’t try to communicate with him, and only saying negative things about him to the press.

If your work is OPENLY not appreciated, do you stay in that environment or workplace?

I would leave too,.  work on my profession, and return to show those I was obligated to, that they were wrong.

https://giphy.com/gifs/spaceballs-i-knew-it-surrounded-by-assholes-XUIB6P3tg6PMA

Anyone who would leave a team to sign somewhere else because he didn't get the ice time he thought he was entitled to is high maintenance in my opinion. He wasn't owed anything from the Canucks. He, like all the other players, have to prove to the coaches and management that they are deserving of more ice time. It's apparent that WD wasn't convinced that he deserved it, so it's on Tryamkin to buckle down and work harder and change his mind. Not to run away to his home town because he felt disrespected.

Did Tryamkin leave because of the coach? Did Willie make mistakes in handling him? Perhaps, Willie certainly made his share of mistakes (especially with the young guys), but it's all a moot point because Willie was already gone when he signed the contract to go back to Russia. So the logic of him leaving because of Willie is kinda hard to understand.

Now if he left because of the simple reason that he missed his hometown and family, and he is happier there, then that makes much more sense. And if that's the case, why not just let him stay there and be happy?

• Upvote 1

On 1/14/2019 at 5:29 AM, alfstonker said:

In the same 33 game schedule.

Green this season 13 - 15 - 5

WD this season  14- 17 - 2

Willie of course did not have the elite presence of EP40 :P

Green of course did not have Anze Kopitar, Drew Doughty, Ilya Kovalchuk, Jonathan Quick, etc.... LA is hard under performing

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

Anyone who would leave a team to sign somewhere else because he didn't get the ice time he thought he was entitled to is high maintenance in my opinion. He wasn't owed anything from the Canucks. He, like all the other players, have to prove to the coaches and management that they are deserving of more ice time. It's apparent that WD wasn't convinced that he deserved it, so it's on Tryamkin to buckle down and work harder and change his mind. Not to run away to his home town because he felt disrespected.

Did Tryamkin leave because of the coach? Did Willie make mistakes in handling him? Perhaps, Willie certainly made his share of mistakes (especially with the young guys), but it's all a moot point because Willie was already gone when he signed the contract to go back to Russia. So the logic of him leaving because of Willie is kinda hard to understand.

Now if he left because of the simple reason that he missed his hometown and family, and he is happier there, then that makes much more sense. And if that's the case, why not just let him stay there and be happy?

Willie takes it on the chin by fans who want to explain away why the club isn't further ahead than they hope for. If anything I would suggest that Willie sheltered the younger players more than anything else. During Tryamkin's only season the d-core was decimated by injuries. Tryamkin was 'forced' up the d-core rankings to pick up the TOI. Early in the season he was not in shape, refused a conditioning stint in Utica, and worked himself into shape. His TOI went from 12 - 14 minutes a game and was closing the season at games of 20 minutes of TOI. Does anyone think Willie was happy playing a rookie those kinds of TOI when the club was having a tough season? I think not. How many players in his career did he see have their futures destroyed by over deployment which killed their confidence. 

The unspoken expectation that the anti-Russian Desjardin would have continued his persecution of Tryamkin the next season. Seriously?  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Willie takes it on the chin by fans who want to explain away why the club isn't further ahead than they hope for. If anything I would suggest that Willie sheltered the younger players more than anything else. During Tryamkin's only season the d-core was decimated by injuries. Tryamkin was 'forced' up the d-core rankings to pick up the TOI. Early in the season he was not in shape, refused a conditioning stint in Utica, and worked himself into shape. His TOI went from 12 - 14 minutes a game and was closing the season at games of 20 minutes of TOI. Does anyone think Willie was happy playing a rookie those kinds of TOI when the club was having a tough season? I think not. How many players in his career did he see have their futures destroyed by over deployment which killed their confidence. 

The unspoken expectation that the anti-Russian Desjardin would have continued his persecution of Tryamkin the next season. Seriously?  

Well said.

I didn't agree with all the decisions that Willie made, but he certainly had solid reasoning behind the decisions he did make.

36 minutes ago, Sweathog said:
12 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

Well said.

I didn't agree with all the decisions that Willie made, but he certainly had solid reasoning behind the decisions he did make.

36 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

There was, nor  is there anything solid about W.Desjardins.

Even you half heartedly agree to that.

Chances are Tryamkin will return before Desjardins will.. that’s the bigger upside of all this equation and useless banter about the prospect.

Sounds like the kid broke your heart.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Wat 1

26 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Deserved to be Fired, and was rightfully so.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

(It won't let me quote your post for some reason so I'll just respond.)

I'll lay it out simply for you:

I want this team to win the cup first and foremost. Imo to do that we not only need talented players, but we also need these players to have strong character. The actions of Tryamkin in his full season here, and his decision to leave has caused me to question his character quite frankly. Just like a lot of people on these boards questioned Jake's when he was sent down to Utica. Jake however has displayed the type of character I like to see on this team by rallying and working his way back to the lineup, unlike Nikita.

Sounds like the kid 'broke my heart?'

Hardly lol, nice try though. If he went back to Russia because he's homesick, then I hope he's happy. And I wish him the best of luck. If he left because of ice time and those character issues, then we dodged a bullet AFAIC. So either way it's a win-win for me, no broken hearts over here ;)

4 hours ago, Sweathog said:

(It won't let me quote your post for some reason so I'll just respond.)

I'll lay it out simply for you:

I want this team to win the cup first and foremost. Imo to do that we not only need talented players, but we also need these players to have strong character. The actions of Tryamkin in his full season here, and his decision to leave has caused me to question his character quite frankly. Just like a lot of people on these boards questioned Jake's when he was sent down to Utica. Jake however has displayed the type of character I like to see on this team by rallying and working his way back to the lineup, unlike Nikita.

Sounds like the kid 'broke my heart?'

Hardly lol, nice try though. If he went back to Russia because he's homesick, then I hope he's happy. And I wish him the best of luck. If he left because of ice time and those character issues, then we dodged a bullet AFAIC. So either way it's a win-win for me, no broken hearts over here ;)

The actions of Tryamkin in his full season here, and his decision to leave has caused me to question his character quite frankly”.

To quote you above,.   Do you not think that Benning realized the issues at hand and got to the root of where those issues came from?

I will leave you with your simple and almost cliche’ ick opinion of a player.. 

But your patronage of a “Coach can do no wrong” or have no influence over a player is laughable.

Obviously it did not go unseen by upper Management and possibly ownership.. especially When they did offer the player a new 2 year deal..  

and the back door to the Coach... Obviously Upper Management questioned the Character of the Coach,  and the Player.. they tried to keep the player because they wanted him,.  Not the Coach.

Kapeesh??

Now if that’s not “laying it out simply” for you,. I might suggest you put down your kaleidoscope.

Jake in his rookie year even questioned WD.. went to Utica.

...Not unlike Tryamkin in his rookie year, but in a new country, needed to regroup and take the step back to people and a team he trusted.

My opinion on all of this:

I truly believe that Benning wanted to get rid of Desjardins around the Christmas before the end of the season  that he was fired in.

Besides WD’s deployment issues, his favoritisim of some players and poor handling of others was clearly evident.

Benning saw this.. practically all of the CDC talked about it.

I truly believe that Linden protected Desjardins from that firing happening before the end of that Season.

The one we lost Tryamkin’s trust in.

The rest is history..  2 men got Fired.

and we still have a great looking prospect who might one day come back to this Team. :towel:

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

While I would not mind some gargantuan freak D on this team like tryamkin, his mediocre skill level is not a make or break for this team.

If you think otherwise then......

.....well, I don't even know what to say.  Third pairing D are easy to find. Half decent second pairing D a bit harder. Not sure which he would be coming back to the NHL after wasting him time in the khl. Not working out properly, being out of shape again possibly.  But yeah...whatever lol.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1