Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

8 hours ago, drummerboy said:

Sorry dude, but no way.   

Why are all you guys over hyping him?   

He was a good skater, for a huge guy.

Nothing magical by any means.  

I agree Boeser isn’t a great skater, but no way does he make top 5 best skater on our current team.    

For real though...

why all the over romanticizing?   

He is a decent skater, a strong but inaccurate shot that take a couple weeks to get off.   Fair passing, slow decision making. 

Didnt use his size close to as much as he should.   

Yes, he was young and promising, but let’s not forget he is wasting very important development years in a league that he was able to slack through and play out of shape.  

Would it be cool to have him back?  

Maybe.  Probably.  

Is it a big deal if he doesn’t?  

No.   He can suck an egg. 

Exactly. Posters hyping a middling guy that bailed on the team.

Sad.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

You must have blinked..

Oh. He can skate. Is that what the poster said??

No...I think that poster said he was a top 5 skater which is laughable.

Anyway, tree bailed on the canucks and he can stay gone. But if he mans up and comes back hopefully he has enough stamina to play on the 3rd D pairing. I would welcome that.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Your very talented to be able to find the ceiling of potential on a 22 yr old rookie in the NHL that played -maybe - 60 games, and may I add his first year on the smaller ice surface... perhaps your an expert?

Jeebus sam at least get your facts correct if you are going to argue tryamkin is some kind of uber D man.

He is 24 and going to be 25 soon.

22??  Come on buddy. You aren't even close. 

tryamkin is an almost 25 year old middling D man that is tall. I would take him back on our 3rd pairing if he were to suck it up and come back. But he better be able to take shifts more than 14 seconds long like when he first got here.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, 40Dangles said:

He can play on the right side, and did quite a bit here, so alot of those names you named wouldn't come into play as they are on the left. Also you are having very high expectations for guys like Rathbone, Woo, etc who haven't seen a game of pro hockey yet and won't be close to ready or the same level as NT.

Alot of people are 'bitter' he left, like he insulted their mother or something. He had a right to, had a bad experience here coaching wise and personally as the Nucks clearly didn't think about the cultural transition for him.

His usage by willie was garbage. Anyone who watched him play could see he was impacting the game in many ways and deserved more ice, WD made  a mess in may ways, almost killed JV as well....so lets not forget that.

Anyone who thinks not having a 6'6'' tough, intimidating, RD who can skate on their team is 'meh who cares' is not really caring about this team imho. The big man is a game changer and we need him back, especially given our depth (lack therof) on the right side. He and Hughes will be a d pairing on par with Seabrooke and Keith in their prime. That's silly not to want that.

Of course I have high expectations. I am entitled to have them given their form and JB's record.

The hard facts for Tryamkin and a few on here is 6'6 etc etc etc or not, he is playing in a league which is hardly better than the AHL and when people like Hughes, Rathbone, Woo McEneny etc get established Tryamkin will find his size will not be enough to elevate him above 6/7 D. PLAYING 13-14 mins a night. Now we all know what happens next.

He made a choice based on family and homesickness (and Vancouver weed aromas) and I am quite sure he will be happy to live with it and stay the rest of his career making easy money in his home town. What that will do for the sanity of people like SilentSam who knows and frankly who cares.

By the way you are not any more qualified to say his usage by WD was garbage than I am or indeed Tryamkin. Live with it, as Tryamkin does.

Edited by alfstonker
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

18 hours ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

Green of course did not have Anze Kopitar, Drew Doughty, Ilya Kovalchuk, Jonathan Quick, etc.... LA is hard under performing

Well on that basis Torts had the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Luongo it didn't help him "Stale" was the word he used wasn't it?

Form has a lot to do with where players are at in their career. Unfortunately even stars need youth on their side and decent players around them.

I actually don't understand the firing of John Stevens though.

10 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Hahaha. Yeah ok. A top 5 skater on this team.

EP

Horvat

Boeser

Virtanen

Roussel

Motte

Edler

Seriously...tell me who he beats out as a skater.

Hahaha.....Come on.

I would have added Stecher, Puliot, Tanev, Beagle, Baertschi to that list and probably Loui too. I might have left Boeser off though (I think his skating needs work)

Tryamkin was not a top skater he was very good for his size. ie he was more elegant than lumbering - he was no Chara though.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

If you do not believe in his abilities or do not want Tryamkin here. Why are you people visiting his page?

Trolling is such a juvenile pass time.

I think Tryamkin is a great D man, and I look forward to him rejoining us when his meager KHL contract is up (hometown discount).

"To defend Willie's honour."
(from the one who laughed at your post)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Sweathog said:

Anyone who would leave a team to sign somewhere else because he didn't get the ice time he thought he was entitled to is high maintenance in my opinion. He wasn't owed anything from the Canucks. He, like all the other players, have to prove to the coaches and management that they are deserving of more ice time. It's apparent that WD wasn't convinced that he deserved it, so it's on Tryamkin to buckle down and work harder and change his mind. Not to run away to his home town because he felt disrespected.

Did Tryamkin leave because of the coach? Did Willie make mistakes in handling him? Perhaps, Willie certainly made his share of mistakes (especially with the young guys), but it's all a moot point because Willie was already gone when he signed the contract to go back to Russia. So the logic of him leaving because of Willie is kinda hard to understand.

Now if he left because of the simple reason that he missed his hometown and family, and he is happier there, then that makes much more sense. And if that's the case, why not just let him stay there and be happy?

Where does this come from. He did well by all the prospects that were given to him, even those who were clearly not ready.

WD got dogs abuse for his treatment of Goldobin when all he wanted was what Green wants now - and now people on here apparently want to trade Goldy saying he just doesn't get it. (I disagree by the way)

McCann looked a hell of a lot better here than he does EVEN NOW in Florida imo. If he had had the size he has now in Vancouver he would have been running riot under WD OR Green. McCann was getting 12:31 mins ATOI under WD and even now that he is 195lbs and 6'-1" he is averaging only 14:4 mins two years later.

Bo was sheltered, protected by DD and taught defence. He is now one of the top two way centres in the League averaging 21 mins per night.

Stecher and Hutton were both nurtured under WD and Jake was doing well after the WJC (where he was slagged by the Van media) till the end of that season but decided to come back for the next season as Mr Blobby.

He was sent down to get fit in Utica, that was not WD's fault and come to think of it I didn't hear much complaint from anyone other than Tryamkin when management and coaches suggested this route for the Russian when he was visibly out of condition. From what I read Green also told Jake the same things that WD had been telling him about consistency and using his size.

Boeser was played right away for ATOI of over 16 mins for the last 9 games. This was because he was not only a hard grafter but he could handle the mins due to his fitness from the end of the College season.

Rodin was proved to have not recovered from his Swedish League injury and yet WD was crucified for not playing him by the empty jars on here. His injury was so bad, management decided to give up on him and release him

Baertschi was turned round and gave WD credit for it, as was Granlund.

Tryamkin after he got fit was turned from a VERY RAW naive defender into a player who went back to dominate in his own league the following season. I put it to anyone the thing that held Tryamkin from bigger minutes here was not WD but Tryamkin. He refused to use his god given advantages any more than randomly and if he had WD would have given him more time.

One other thing was Tryamkin's duplicity concerning his understanding the language. I recall at least 2 of his team mates saying he understood a lot more than he let on. What was the point of concealing that, other than some kind of paranoid attitude. That was unfair to the coaches.

WD had his faults I don't deny but most were based in a naive belief that Management would not only supply him with prospects who had the talent to stick but that they were ready for the NHL. 

Where is LaBate, Grenier, Boucher, Goldobin, Molino, Rodin, Shore, Etem, Freisen, Kenins,  Pedan, Shink, now? And when these were proven inadequate he was given Cramarossa, Chaput, Larsen, Megna,  Rendulic, Skille, Zalewski, Fedun, Cracknell, Prust, Vey - All players WD had to use in his last 2 seasons.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Where does this come from. He did well by all the prospects that were given to him, even those who were clearly not ready.

WD got dogs abuse for his treatment of Goldobin when all he wanted was what Green wants now - and now people on here apparently want to trade Goldy saying he just doesn't get it. (I disagree by the way)

McCann looked a hell of a lot better here than he does EVEN NOW in Florida imo. If he had had the size he has now in Vancouver he would have been running riot under WD OR Green. McCann was getting 12:31 mins ATOI under WD and even now that he is 195lbs and 6'-1" he is averaging only 14:4 mins two years later.

Bo was sheltered, protected by DD and taught defence. He is now one of the top two way centres in the League averaging 21 mins per night.

Stecher and Hutton were both nurtured under WD and Jake was doing well after the WJC (where he was slagged by the Van media) till the end of that season but decided to come back for the next season as Mr Blobby.

He was sent down to get fit in Utica, that was not WD's fault and come to think of it I didn't hear much complaint from anyone other than Tryamkin when management and coaches suggested this route for the Russian when he was visibly out of condition. From what I read Green also told Jake the same things that WD had been telling him about consistency and using his size.

Boeser was played right away for ATOI of over 16 mins for the last 9 games. This was because he was not only a hard grafter but he could handle the mins due to his fitness from the end of the College season.

Rodin was proved to have not recovered from his Swedish League injury and yet WD was crucified for not playing him by the empty jars on here. His injury was so bad, management decided to give up on him and release him

Tryamkin after he got fit was turned from a VERY RAW naive defender into a player who went back to dominate in his own league the following season. I put it to anyone the thing that held Tryamkin from bigger minutes here was not WD but Tryamkin. He refused to use his god given advantages any more than randomly and if he had WD would have given him more time.

One other thing was Tryamkin's duplicity concerning his understanding the language. I recall at least 2 of his team mates saying he understood a lot more than he let on. What was the point of concealing that, other than some kind of paranoid attitude. That was unfair to the coaches.

WD had his faults I don't deny but most were based in a naive belief that Management would not only supply him with prospects who had the talent to stick but that they were ready for the NHL. 

Where is LaBate, Grenier, Boucher, Goldobin, Molino, Rodin, Shore, Etem, Freisen, Kenins,  Pedan, Shink, now? And when these were proven inadequate he was given Cramarossa, Chaput, Larsen, Megna,  Rendulic, Skille, Zalewski, Fedun, Cracknell, Prust, Vey - All players WD had to use in his last 2 seasons.

I thought Willie was a decent coach, definitely a lot better coach than the general consensus of posters around here on CDC. But I thought he made some mistakes, every coach does.

Edited by Sweathog
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Jeebus sam at least get your facts correct if you are going to argue tryamkin is some kind of uber D man.

He is 24 and going to be 25 soon.

22??  Come on buddy. You aren't even close. 

tryamkin is an almost 25 year old middling D man that is tall. I would take him back on our 3rd pairing if he were to suck it up and come back. But he better be able to take shifts more than 14 seconds long like when he first got here.

He was 21 yrs old when he arrived here to play in the NHL.    He was 22 when he played his first “full” season with us.

My comments included the reflection of that time period.

Dig deeper, it’s your hole..  Expert.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Only four All Star selected players from Avto were in the mouseketeer suits, probably that was idea from one of them - French player Da Costa. Again, Avto is going to play in Paris, France in November... And the novel "The Three Musketeers" by Alexandre Dumas is so popular in Russia...

It was a sad attempt at humor by myself. :picard:

These are "Mousekateers":  

Mousekateers.jpg

• Cheers 1

I liked WD but he had nothing in terms of talent.  It's ridiculous people pin Tryamkin's departure solely on WD. 

I like Tryamkin but three years away from the elite pace of the NHL and I really don't think he'll be the great Dman everyone thinks(or hopes) he could be.  It's a shame, Green would've been the perfect coach for him. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

Seriously good job! 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

Strangely enough since Willy took over in LA he has a 60% winning record, that from a team that is clearly not built for todays NHL. He's won 16 of 27 games

Well he does have 16 wins, but that's in 37 games not 27. His 1st game was Nov 6. And the record over that time is 16-18-3.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_Los_Angeles_Kings_season

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Well on that basis Torts had the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Luongo it didn't help him "Stale" was the word he used wasn't it?

Form has a lot to do with where players are at in their career. Unfortunately even stars need youth on their side and decent players around them.

I actually don't understand the firing of John Stevens though.

6 of those players were past their prime, one didn't want to play here anymore, another 1 hated the coach for good reasons, and another got replaced by Lack and rightfully requested a trade.

• Upvote 1