The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

So he bailed on the team and you don't want him back, but if he comes back you would welcome it?  Seems legit

Yeah, that was a head scratcher for me. 

One second it's good riddance, we don't need him. Oh, but if he came back I would welcome him. 

No point in arguing with a guy who doesn't even know his own stance. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Warhippy said:

No question about that at all.

But, Tryamkin is a Russian, skates like a Russian forward and is almost 7 feet tall.  He'd be one of the better skaters on our team right now.

YEAH...TOP 5!!  Lol. He might make the top 15 skaters on this team. But not much better than that. So much hyperbole about his skating. :picard:

7 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

YEAH...TOP 5!!  Lol. He might make the top 15 skaters on this team. But not much better than that. So much hyperbole about his skating. :picard:

He’s faster then Gudbranson and Edler and bigger then everyone.  

Draw your own conclusions. 

10 hours ago, Pepe Silvia said:

Yeah, that was a head scratcher for me. 

One second it's good riddance, we don't need him. Oh, but if he came back I would welcome him. 

No point in arguing with a guy who doesn't even know his own stance. 

You and your buddy need to learn a bit about logic.

I could say I don't really fancy Lady Gaga but if I come home and find her in my bed I might think "what the hell, ok if you insist" It's all about context.

The fact that the guy said good riddance was a comment on his attitude. If he comes back with an improved attitude why wouldn't he welcome him back?

The trouble with many of you people is you try to keep score like 5th graders and in your world no one gets to change their opinion.

Which might be fine if so many were not first class hypocrites.

Hockey is a sport, it's about opinions, usually ill-informed opinions at that. None of us are coaches or GMs we just act like we are on here - including me.

Edited by alfstonker
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Strangely enough since Willy took over in LA he has a 60% winning record, that from a team that is clearly not built for todays NHL. He's won 16 of 27 games

He did well for his first year here too.  Many saw WD as a development coach.  Maybe that's not what he is in the NHL.  WD has a good record with veteran laden teams so far.  His development abilities here are what his is being derided for.  

Green on the other hand is a coach that seems to do well with developing younger players.  They do similar things, but I don't see WD sitting MDZ and playing Pouliot until he starts gaining confidence.  

Green would be the prefect coach for Trymakin.  I agree.  He is the right coach to develop this team.  WD wasn't.  But would Green get as much out of a vet line up in its last years together.... maybe not.  

I hope he comes back, hope may not be the right word because I'm not optimistic about it.

I would be happy to see him back and given a bit of leash to develop.

Hopefully he would be more mature this time if asked to do a conditioning stint.

Guys bounced off of him, it was absurd how powerful he was even when he wasn't trying or paying attention to someone, they would charge him and end up on their butts.

We need that.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

The legend of this guy grows.   Each passing month has him being better than Chara, faster than Coffey and tougher than Pronger.   If he never returns, is he a lock for HHOF?

Without a doubt. He's also a better coach than Trotz believe it or not.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 1/22/2019 at 7:56 AM, alfstonker said:

And it really bugs the f--k out of people like you doesn't it?

Well here's a news flash I have got a lot more from where that has come from.

... and we wait patiently for your thoughts and decisions,.  You bring great meaning, easily interpreted,.

the only way I can describe it is like this guy,    Punxsutawney Phil..

Sadly,.  I realize I have triggered the release of all your deep digging “Wack a Mole” pals.

27A3EDB8-5691-4BFE-9F11-514A066AA469.jpeg

Edited by SilentSam

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

... and we wait patiently for your thoughts and decisions,.  You bring great meaning, easily interpreted,.

the only way I can describe it is like this guy,    Punxsutawney Phil..

Sadly,.  I realize I have triggered the release of all your deep digging “Wack a Mole” pals.

27A3EDB8-5691-4BFE-9F11-514A066AA469.jpeg

If you are comparing Phil to those posters (the women scorned types) who are doing their best to make Tram feel unwanted in Vancouver, I don't think you are being fair to Phil. He probably knows more about hockey than any of them, and would likely actually support his hometown team.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

...who are doing their best to make Tram feel unwanted in Vancouver... actually support his hometown team.

Just separated those keywords...

Hate on haters

5 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

If you are comparing Phil to those posters (the women scorned types) who are doing their best to make Tram feel unwanted in Vancouver, I don't think you are being fair to Phil. He probably knows more about hockey than any of them, and would likely actually support his hometown team.

If you are referring to me I disagree with you completely with your assumptions posters who don't care if tree comes back are real fans. I have been a Canuck fan for decades my son.

So now you are the self appointed decider of who a real Canuck fan is? Ok.

I don't like the fact tree bailed on the team. I find it funny posters say he would be a top 5 skater on our team....laughable. Top 15 maybe. I find it funny they say he is 22 when he is closer to 25.

I could not care less whether tryamkin returns. If he doesn't it does not hurt this team at all.  If he does return and he has the stamina to play in the NHL this time and he doesn't bolt because of his ice time, then I think he has unique attributes to share. But whether he returns or not really does not matter in the long run.

He appears to not have any 'character' that JB feels is so important like Horvat and Boeser.

That is why I said that if he returns then fine, he can fill a 3rd line pairing or possibly if he works hard the #4 D spot. This is like quibbling about a 4th liner like we all tend to do on CDC lol.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I'd take him over Pouliot any day of the week.

The odds of Pouliot being a serious piece in 3 years is almost nil. Tryamkin has the physical assets to be there but the odds of him being a piece are also slim but for different reasons. If he was able to get out of his contract and be in camp next fall it would be interesting. Bottom line his competition is Hughes, Joulevi, Brisbois, McEneny. I do think Pouliot will be there as well. 

My thoughts on the matter: 

- I'm not mad that he went back home. It's his prerogative as a professional hockey player with roots across the ocean. Some players excel and enjoy playing in the European leagues for a a multitude of reasons. If he decides to stay, I'll be happy for him. He gets to play in his home country and make decent money.

- If he comes back, I would be thrilled. With that said, he needs to want to be here. He needs to make further effort to speak English and welcome North American culture. If he sticks with a translator, it'll act as a crutch. He also needs to earn his spot in the lineup. Sure, he's playing well in the KHL, but I would be willing to money down that TG will bench/pressbox him if he comes in entitled to top 4 minutes. Not to say that he's not capable of top 4 minutes, but dues need to be paid. 

- Assuming we have Edler, Hutton, and Hughes playing the left side, and TG is adamant about left sides D to play the left side, Tryamkin will have to bust tail to knock one of them off. Keep in mind there's still Sautner, Brisebois, and McEneny. There's alot of competition.

- I'm curious to see if his rights have ANY trade value. Based on the tremendous left side depth we have, maybe it's worth exploring a trade for a winger or right handed defenseman. Asset management, right?

• Upvote 1