The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

He was 22 in his rookie year here with the Canucks.. this clip is from that Time.  

His one step outside turn from reverse had him at the same speed as J Benn.    

When was J Benn a 3rd line forward?    End of play.    Top notch D play.. and player - Canuck Prospect.

ps. It’s obvious that you do not follow him currently in the KHL as a 25 year old..  but there are many here that do.   

The best part about that hit was how easily the Canucks were able to get the loose puck, and break out with clear possession.  Tryamkin is such a great skater, he would be able to beat Benn up the ice to create an outnumbered attack too.  He would be a force.  I don’t think he’s coming back though.  :sadno:  Imagine Tryamkin and Hughes together!  

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Tryamkin has been almost exclusively a RD. I believe that this is fairly common with Russian LHDs. Don't recall if he ever played the left side while he was here.

I don't think TG would have an issue with NT playing on the right.

Hughes and Brisebois can also both play right side FWIW.

2 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

How the hell can you not want this on our wimpy little team?  And he is a good skater @Kanukfanatic what are you tralking about?  top 15?  

When’s he coming back?  Damn we could sure use him.  He’s a friggin’ monster out there.  Does he have some sort of freakish strength or something?  He literally tosses guys around, without (seemingly) much effort.  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

When’s he coming back?  Damn we could sure use him.  He’s a friggin’ monster out there.  Does he have some sort of freakish strength or something?  He literally tosses guys around, without (seemingly) much effort.  

He's 255 pounds.  Outside of Byfuglien there is no one heavier than him.  Plus he's a great skater for his size.  He'd fit perfectly paired up with Hughes.  I wonder what Benning needs to do to get him into camp next year.  You don't just give up on someone who is 6'7" 255lbs who can literally throw people around who are 220lbs.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's 255 pounds.  Outside of Byfuglien there is no one heavier than him.  Plus he's a great skater for his size.  He'd fit perfectly paired up with Hughes.  I wonder what Benning needs to do to get him into camp next year.  You don't just give up on someone who is 6'7" 255lbs who can literally throw people around who are 220lbs.  

Just listening to this song:

18 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I find it hard to understand how this fan base could not want Tryamkin back......

its the way he walked away, it sounded like he was ready to re-up at the season ending news conference and suddenly we got hit with the KHL news. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I find it hard to understand how this fan base could not want Tryamkin back......

The raw potential is that of a top 10 draft pick...….I mean, a lot of top 10 picks never have the impact that Tryamkin had in that 1 clip that was shown....

I don't know what it is...denial? Is it lack of knowledge....what is it?

At this very moment Tryamkin is more mature, stronger, and smarter than he was when he was here last...

there is no doubt that he would not have a bit of rust...….

but the potential would be too much to pass...…………….

The fact that we could even sign and trade, would be better than nothing

My view is we should have a sign up sheet to call him back...………..seriously, if we could get a large number of fans calling

both management and Tryamkin would at least hear this...……….but it has to be everyone and other fans at large

He has to know unconditionally we want him back! If it makes this club better, he should be here!

Read the posts again. The fan base is not saying they do not want him back. Some of the fan base is just being realistic and not hyping him up like he was the 2nd coming of Chara. He was a good 3rd pairing D or a mediocre 2nd pairing. He is big and skates OK.  I would be OK with him coming back if he put in the work and didn't whine because he wasn't gifted minutes.

But if he does not come back it does not mean much.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its the way he walked away, it sounded like he was ready to re-up at the season ending news conference and suddenly we got hit with the KHL news. 

I understand the shock factor Jim...but what I am getting is 2 fold...……...

#1...…...some of the experts on here that "KNOW" how good he was, or how good he would be when he comes back

#2...…...the inner workings of NT life..maybe he was coming back and the wife nixed it......do you think he is going to tell the truth?

We also don't know the dynamics of JB and WD and how that all played into it.....maybe NT is taking the high road, more than we know

But the point is people (including me) just do not know the dynamics of all the above, but have huge opinions on it...….

This discussion really does polarize CDC...……..it is like he did it personally to half of CDC...lol

And because of this reaction I wonder if people are making opinions with their head or with their heart...…..no one got this bent out of shape when...……..

left (if you know what I mean)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SingleThorn said:

Tryamkin has been almost exclusively a RD. I believe that this is fairly common with Russian LHDs. Don't recall if he ever played the left side while he was here.

I don't think TG would have an issue with NT playing on the right.

If that's the case, that could relieve some pressure considering our lack of depth on the right side. It may allow for management to be more comfortable with a Tanev/Gudbranson trade next season should it come to that.

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

I understand the shock factor Jim...but what I am getting is 2 fold...……...

#1...…...some of the experts on here that "KNOW" how good he was, or how good he would be when he comes back

#2...…...the inner workings of NT life..maybe he was coming back and the wife nixed it......do you think he is going to tell the truth?

We also don't know the dynamics of JB and WD and how that all played into it.....maybe NT is taking the high road, more than we know

But the point is people (including me) just do not know the dynamics of all the above, but have huge opinions on it...….

This discussion really does polarize CDC...……..it is like he did it personally to half of CDC...lol

And because of this reaction I wonder if people are making opinions with their head or with their heart...…..no one got this bent out of shape when...……..

left (if you know what I mean)

I was personally very upset about the Sergi Shirokov defection to Moscow. Mike Duco was like a single sheet of 1 ply with which to blow my nose.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

2 years ago,. Who cares about that?  It’s what he IS..  and he is a Canuck prospect.

He lived up to his contract, and understands the possibility exists  for him to return to Vancouver.

We should all be so lucky to have options like that.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

2 years ago,. Who cares about that?  It’s what he IS..  and he is a Canuck prospect.

He lived up to his contract, and understands the possibility exists  for him to return to Vancouver.

We should all be so lucky to have options like that.

Do we really know what he is? I dont know if he's improved or not, the KHL isn't bursting at the seams with nhl talent

25 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Do we really know what he is? I dont know if he's improved or not, the KHL isn't bursting at the seams with nhl talent

Jimmy,  @Hairy Kneel and @Stierlitz watch him as often as their personal lives can allow it..

always great input and positive reviews from those 2..

I have heard only negative things from CDC’rs that haven’t seen him since he left Vancouver, and those people are raving mad that he left, and decided to take control of his life.

36 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Jimmy,  @Hairy Kneel and @Stierlitz watch him as often as their personal lives can allow it..

always great input and positive reviews from those 2..

I have heard only negative things from CDC’rs that haven’t seen him since he left Vancouver, and those people are raving mad that he left, and decided to take control of his life.

Fair enough, I just have concerns about whether or not he's any better than when he left. He had a lot of promise but was also pretty raw and needed better conditioning.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Fair enough, I just have concerns about whether or not he's any better than when he left. He had a lot of promise but was also pretty raw and needed better conditioning.

20+ mins a night.. assistant captain .. Captained the club at the start of season until Nigel Dawes returned from injury.

The kid is about to prime by all accounts..  his team is #1 in the KHL.. and was just at the all stars for the second season.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

20+ mins a night.. assistant captain .. Captained the club at the start of season until Nigel Dawes returned from injury.

The kid is about to prime by all accounts..  his team is #1 in the KHL.. and was just at the all stars for the second season.

I don’t care what it takes, but JB should bloody well get Tryamkin back.  Having Willie D screw up and cause ?Tryamkin to leave is JB’s fault for hiring such a loser coach in the first place, so he is bloody well responsible to get our big Russian back.  ‘‘Tis really sucks we didn’t get to have him here the last couple years.  What other team has their top players race away from NHL contracts to play in Europe?  None!  That’s right.  No teams lose their top young players to Europe.  Tjanks ?Willie D, you piece if s*** of a coach.  You friggin’ ignorant, will not change your ways to keep our best players because you need to have Mga a .vy close, minor league.  God, what a friggin’ disaster that guy was.  He cost us Tryamkin!  How come more fans aren’t pissed about this?  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

You’re right SS.  I can’t think of another player, who was really good, leaving after one year to go play in Europe.  Thanks .willie.  

• Upvote 1

Too many people give privledge to Bosses, and people in control,

to be anything but wrong Alf..

A superior position is supposed to mean that you know everything about your job and more..

Take Donald Trump for example..

no different than WD in my books ;) 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1