The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

45 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Watched the game today 2nd and 3rd period. tbh Try looked ordinary trying to clear the puck on his back hand 3 soft clears . He actually had more time to switch it to his forehand and get a better clear/pass. This is where our coaches would help him I think. Towards the end of the 2nd and 3rd he looked more into the game. He had 3 good poke checks, 2 on speedy wingers coming in and his long reach forced them into the corners.One nice poke check in the neutral zone to break up a rush.  There were 2 or 3  50/50 pucks he won along the boards, I think it's because he's strong and with a quick stick he wins those. He had 2 good hits, one clearing the crease during the pk flattened a guy, and one hit in neutral ice which was a innocent enough hit but because Try is a 'heavy' hitter (like Bubla) there was a second there you wondered if the guy was ok? When he hits, even innocent hits like that guys feel it, There was another hit like this behind his own net. (guy skated away gingerly) When he got his legs going and was skating great, one offensive carry from the point to the back of the net. He's like Jake carries it in good but doesn't find his options. Atvo won 3-0 with ease. One beauty breakaway by Gusyez beat their goalie in tight.

sounds like you've been paying close attention - do you think he's skating is good enough to come back into the lineup when his contract is over? how does the speed in the KHL compare to what he'd be seeing over here? 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

sounds like you've been paying close attention - do you think he's skating is good enough to come back into the lineup when his contract is over? how does the speed in the KHL compare to what he'd be seeing over here? 

The good forwards he's facing are actually very fast and utilize the bigger ice to try and go around him. That;s why I think I've been saying, is that he's actually better suited to the small ice here. Like the hit on Jamie Benn wouldn't have happened there on bigger ice. This game he looked sluggish to start but when he got into it his speed was fine. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

The good forwards he's facing are actually very fast and utilize the bigger ice to try and go around him. That;s why I think I've been saying, is that he's actually better suited to the small ice here. Like the hit on Jamie Benn wouldn't have happened there on bigger ice. This game he looked sluggish to start but when he got into it his speed was fine. 

huh, interesting. Thanks for the info. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes Janis water under the bridge, why hold grudges? We have his rights long enough to get a shot at him coming back. Why waste time hating the kid.

Some people just seem to get their jollies looking for pretexts to hate. You have to wonder what their lives must be like.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes Janis water under the bridge, why hold grudges? We have his rights long enough to get a shot at him coming back. Why waste time hating the kid.

It's a weird thing that some are holding his decision to leave the NHL as a personal attack. If he signs another KHL deal next year and gives up on the Canucks as a franchise then so be it, but his path to the NHL goes through the Canucks for another 3 years. Getting him as a 25 year old in the prime of his career would be a huge boost to the organization despite what your personal feelings are on the situation.

His game is better suited to the NHL than the bigger ice surface of the KHL. It's too bad that the coaching staff weren't willing to accept his flaws and work with him as a raw rookie. Apparently he is a fan of coach Green and if he sees that the team isn't going to be a bottom feeder for his time in the NHL, he will return.

If he isn't taking lessons in english, then maybe he doesn't have the desire to come back to the NHL, but it's still PURE SPECULATION. The only people in this thread that have given any information are stierlitz and harry kneel. All the rest is white noise and emotion.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

What’s your argument now?       ... I mean it’s obvious,.     And meaningless.

Your regurgitating yesterdays meal,.. 

A 5 year old can tell you the sky is blue.

The conversation is about a Canuck Prospect, and his current development.

(AFTER proving in a single rookie season here that he could stick,. And Benning offering 2 year 2mil per). 

Go on,. Spew your BS,.   The obvious being Your pointless negativity...  the sand box is yours..   

the argument being, the KHL is a far inferior league.  I think it's great that he's playing well in the K, but I wouldn't use that as a measuring stick for the NHL.  It's very possible he's regressed in a much lesser league.  I hope he hasn't and I hope he comes back to Van.

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Hey Buddy! It is Janet! Jan...….ET

Opps! I forgot my own handle...…..Haha!

But it is...………….Jan Is a hockey nut

Just a little......trivial hockey jargon......

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

What’s your argument now?       ... I mean it’s obvious,.     And meaningless.

Your regurgitating yesterdays meal,.. 

A 5 year old can tell you the sky is blue.

The conversation is about a Canuck Prospect, and his current development.

(AFTER proving in a single rookie season here that he could stick,. And Benning offering 2 year 2mil per). 

Go on,. Spew your BS,.   The obvious being Your pointless negativity...  the sand box is yours..   

Okay. I'm not a rocket scientist in negativity, but isn't the negativity in this post kind of.... well... pointless?

Also, why can't we just be hopeful the guy comes back but be respectful of his decision either way? It's his life and not ours'.

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Okay. I'm not a rocket scientist in negativity, but isn't the negativity in this post kind of.... well... pointless?

Also, why can't we just be hopeful the guy comes back but be respectful of his decision either way? It's his life and not ours'.

I agree 100%.. I have always remained positive about any prospect we have.

why should we care where our prospects are playing, as long as they are playing they are not lost.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, stawns said:

the argument being, the KHL is a far inferior league.  I think it's great that he's playing well in the K, but I wouldn't use that as a measuring stick for the NHL.  It's very possible he's regressed in a much lesser league.  I hope he hasn't and I hope he comes back to Van.

I take all reports from the KHL with a grain of salt. I agree that going back to the KHL for 2 years, probably 3, likely ended his NHL op. My view of all Canuck prospects is whether they can contribute towards a CUP contender. Tryamkin had that potential when he came over. Time in the KHL since then is not a plus. Hard enough for any player to develop to elite status. IMHO it is more likely that Try is passed on the depth chart by the existing pool. If he were to come back fans have to consider how long it would take to get him up to NHL top 4. 

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

I don’t care what it takes, but JB should bloody well get Tryamkin back.  Having Willie D screw up and cause ?Tryamkin to leave is JB’s fault for hiring such a loser coach in the first place, so he is bloody well responsible to get our big Russian back.  ‘‘Tis really sucks we didn’t get to have him here the last couple years.  What other team has their top players race away from NHL contracts to play in Europe?  None!  That’s right.  No teams lose their top young players to Europe.  Tjanks ?Willie D, you piece if s*** of a coach.  You friggin’ ignorant, will not change your ways to keep our best players because you need to have Mga a .vy close, minor league.  God, what a friggin’ disaster that guy was.  He cost us Tryamkin!  How come more fans aren’t pissed about this?  

Alf the enabler.

On 1/25/2019 at 5:06 PM, canuckledraggin said:

It's a weird thing that some are holding his decision to leave the NHL as a personal attack. If he signs another KHL deal next year and gives up on the Canucks as a franchise then so be it, but his path to the NHL goes through the Canucks for another 3 years. Getting him as a 25 year old in the prime of his career would be a huge boost to the organization despite what your personal feelings are on the situation.

His game is better suited to the NHL than the bigger ice surface of the KHL. It's too bad that the coaching staff weren't willing to accept his flaws and work with him as a raw rookie. Apparently he is a fan of coach Green and if he sees that the team isn't going to be a bottom feeder for his time in the NHL, he will return.

If he isn't taking lessons in english, then maybe he doesn't have the desire to come back to the NHL, but it's still PURE SPECULATION. The only people in this thread that have given any information are stierlitz and harry kneel. All the rest is white noise and emotion.

There's a lot of English speakers in the locker room. You can hear it in the post game hi 5 vids. A few North Am players too. The last game was "That was a f#&ing game eh boys!"  

The KHL players are from all over so English is pretty common I think. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I take all reports from the KHL with a grain of salt. I agree that going back to the KHL for 2 years, probably 3, likely ended his NHL op. My view of all Canuck prospects is whether they can contribute towards a CUP contender. Tryamkin had that potential when he came over. Time in the KHL since then is not a plus. Hard enough for any player to develop to elite status. IMHO it is more likely that Try is passed on the depth chart by the existing pool. If he were to come back fans have to consider how long it would take to get him up to NHL top 4. 

One positive note is that KHL is probably a less physically taxing league.  He doesn't have to spend his early 20's being tenderized like a steak.  If he chooses to return to the NHL, he will be biologically more mature and maybe being more durable.  

• Upvote 4

Atvo loses 6-3 to a strong MMG team. Atvo was in control 2-1 in the 2nd period when their goalie took a shot in the chest and was hurt and left the game. Back up goalie let 2 in right away (I'd say kinda soft ones) then he went for a stroll behind the net and gave up a gimme. There was an empty netter and for good measure he gave up a soft 6th goal.

The wheels pretty much fell off and left little flow to the game. Tryamkin had a couple good moments, he really wanted to jump in to try and tie up the game, and almost went end to end but he passed it at the blue line instead of carrying it to the net , no real big hits, one nice stick check, kept the play in front of him generally but with so many soft goals MMG pretty much coasted through the game for the win. It took away the competition level in this one. (I missed the 1st period)

Interesting side note, even though he is no longer captain, Try stayed on the ice after a play to talk with the officials instead of Dawes. My guess is because he speaks Russian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Atvo loses 6-3 to a strong MMG team. Atvo was in control 2-1 in the 2nd period when their goalie took a shot in the chest and was hurt and left the game. Back up goalie let 2 in right away (I'd say kinda soft ones) then he went for a stroll behind the net and gave up a gimme.

This is video with that unlucky goal, Tryamkin was in the corner expecting pass from the backup goalie...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Geez that goalie had a bad game. I hope the other guy stays healthy for the playoffs. When do they start?

"The other guy", Czech goalie Jakub Kovář  is outstanding for Avto this season with 35 wins in 42 games. He feels good now and should play in the next games. The KHL playoffs start on Feb 25 to finish by April 25, all playoff games will be played every second day without back-to-back encounters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1