The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

On 1/24/2019 at 11:16 PM, Alflives said:

I don’t care what it takes, but JB should bloody well get Tryamkin back.  Having Willie D screw up and cause ?Tryamkin to leave is JB’s fault for hiring such a loser coach in the first place, so he is bloody well responsible to get our big Russian back.  ‘‘Tis really sucks we didn’t get to have him here the last couple years.  What other team has their top players race away from NHL contracts to play in Europe?  None!  That’s right.  No teams lose their top young players to Europe.  Tjanks ?Willie D, you piece if s*** of a coach.  You friggin’ ignorant, will not change your ways to keep our best players because you need to have Mga a .vy close, minor league.  God, what a friggin’ disaster that guy was.  He cost us Tryamkin!  How come more fans aren’t pissed about this?  

I wonder how it would go now with Greene coaching the team? 

I am not supporting the previous regimes methods or how things went down, but I am curious how Tryamkin would deal with the existing regime.  Greene expects certain things and buy in from his players or they get to spend time "watching." We have see this with numerous players. Some several times and counting.

How would Tryamkin react to all the video sessions, extra one on one practices, sitting out games, missing prolonged periods of a game when Greene will bench/sit players if their play was not deserving of ice time? Greene does employ some tough love at times. 

I am not certain things would fair much better unless Tryamkin is prepared to put in the work and check his ego/expectations.  It would be a bad thing for team chemistry and what they are trying to build if he cant.

Edited by Borvat
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Borvat said:

I wonder how it would go now with Green coaching the team? 

Green expects certain things and buy in from his players or they get to spend time "watching." We have see this with numerous players. Some several times and counting.

How would Tryamkin react to all the video sessions, extra one on one practices, sitting out games, missing prolonged periods of a game when Green will bench players if his play was not up to the teams standards?  

I am not supporting the previous regimes methods or how things went down, but I am curious how Tryamkin would deal with the existing regime.  I am not certain things would fair much better unless Tryamkin is prepared to put in the work and check his ego/expectations.  It would be a bad thing for team chemistry if he cant,

You raise excellent points.  I think Nikita was frustrated with ?Willie D wanting him to play dirty, like Pronger.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

You raise excellent points.  I think Nikita was frustrated with ?Willie D wanting him to play dirty, like Pronger.

Who told you willie wanted him to play "dirty"? Don't believe everything you read.

5 minutes ago, Borvat said:

I wonder how it would go now with Green coaching the team? 

Green expects certain things and buy in from his players or they get to spend time "watching." We have see this with numerous players. Some several times and counting.

How would Tryamkin react to all the video sessions, extra one on one practices, sitting out games, missing prolonged periods of a game when Green will bench players if his play was not up to the teams standards?  

I am not supporting the previous regimes methods or how things went down, but I am curious how Tryamkin would deal with the existing regime.  I am not certain things would fair much better unless Tryamkin is prepared to put in the work and check his ego/expectations.  It would be a bad thing for team chemistry if he cant,

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Funny thing is that WD explained to the press that there was no time for video sessions at this level.

Green seems to be able to offer it upon request.

WD explained to the press that he didn’t talk to Tryamkin.. he would go through the Sedins’ to do that.

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Funny thing is that WD explained to the press that there was no time for video sessions at this level.

WD explained to the press that he didn’t talk to Tryamkin.. he would go through the Sedins’ to do that.

Willie was in over his head.  It showed on and off the ice.  Shame really. I wonder if Greene would want to deal with this (all over again) and what he thinks of Tryamkin as a player. If Greene doesn't want him (and the past and potential issues) then this is all moot.

Edited by Borvat
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Who told you willie wanted him to play "dirty"? Don't believe everything you read.

I take anything botch writes with a grain of salt,.  But no one denied this.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/jason-botchford-defenceman-tryamkin-takes-offence-and-bolts-canucks-for-russia 

1 minute ago, Borvat said:

Willie was in over his head.  It showed on and off the ice.  Shame really. I wonder if Greene would want to deal with this (all over again) and what he thinks of Tryamkin as a player. 

I think it’s the perfect fit..  Green IS a developer..   WD was a demander.

Tryamkin when asked about WD  thought he was “ a normal person”..  and when asked about Green,. “very good person”

Tryamkin had met Green before as a prospect.

• Upvote 1

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 4:18 AM, Boudrias said:

I take all reports from the KHL with a grain of salt. I agree that going back to the KHL for 2 years, probably 3, likely ended his NHL op. My view of all Canuck prospects is whether they can contribute towards a CUP contender. Tryamkin had that potential when he came over. Time in the KHL since then is not a plus. Hard enough for any player to develop to elite status. IMHO it is more likely that Try is passed on the depth chart by the existing pool. If he were to come back fans have to consider how long it would take to get him up to NHL top 4. 

I have heard this before...…...I have a hard time understanding this...……..

Think about it this way...………….a guy breaks his leg and is out a season...……..does he regress if his leg is well?

or

Maybe Radulov's case history...…...doesn't seem to be bothering him too much.matter of fact he is improving his PPG over the last 3 years

or

Or think of it this way...…………….playing in the SHL did not in any way stunt Pettersson's development

I think there are many other examples...…...I think it is individual, and how he is utilized, when he returns, for the beginning ………………...

I do not think that is what I would worry about...…………..contract demands is what I would worry about...…….

He is going to want at least 3 M and for term (at least)...……..that is the concern

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Ya he's an idiot. I can see wd asking him to play a physical aggressive game but I can't imagine him getting him to play "dirty".

This, I have not heard before...……………...if true, that would have been the worse possible thing

I have taken advanced Coaching clinics, with assistant NHL coaches, and U 17 and U20 coaches, and the one message they keep on repeating is communication, and the second biggest point is...……..communication! If it was that bad, they should have got an interpreter or got Nikita English lessens, but  maaaaaaan!

Also, I echo the question about video, in todays technology????? really? Impatience is a human quality, and can be shown by anyone, including head coaches...………...

Sounds to me like WD just did not appreciate the guy...…………………..I put that on Benning, that got to watch the games from above...……………...these things should not have been issues...………….

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I have heard this before...…...I have a hard time understanding this...……..

Think about it this way...………….a guy breaks his leg and is out a season...……..does he regress if his leg is well?

or

Maybe Radulov's case history...…...doesn't seem to be bothering him too much.matter of fact he is improving his PPG over the last 3 years

or

Or think of it this way...…………….playing in the SHL did not in any way stunt Pettersson's development

I think there are many other examples...…...I think it is individual, and how he is utilized, when he returns, for the beginning ………………...

I do not think that is what I would worry about...…………..contract demands is what I would worry about...…….

He is going to want at least 3 M and for term (at least)...……..that is the concern

Fair enough. 

58 minutes ago, cyoung said:

Ya he's an idiot. I can see wd asking him to play a physical aggressive game but I can't imagine him getting him to play "dirty".

The thing was, Tryamkin was already the most physical player on the Team.. I believe he was around 12 to 15th in league hits that season..

Tryamkin is not mean, but he is aggressive..

His offset to meanness, is his skating ability. That raises his potential offensively,. If the right Coach see’s that and works him into situations that develop it, the kid could get big points.

Eg.  Take the PP.. in the past NT has been used effectively on it in the KHL,.  right in front of the net.

but how about this set play revised? :  the PP, out of defensive zone,.  And the pass back to the speeding player to take into the offensive zone,.

how do you stop 6’7 260 going 50kmh?

you don’t.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

This, I have not heard before...……………...if true, that would have been the worse possible thing

I have taken advanced Coaching clinics, with assistant NHL coaches, and U 17 and U20 coaches, and the one message they keep on repeating is communication, and the second biggest point is...……..communication! If it was that bad, they should have got an interpreter or got Nikita English lessens, but  maaaaaaan!

Also, I echo the question about video, in todays technology????? really? Impatience is a human quality, and can be shown by anyone, including head coaches...………...

Sounds to me like WD just did not appreciate the guy...…………………..I put that on Benning, that got to watch the games from above...……………...these things should not have been issues...………….

I do remember seeing some heated discussion in the rafters between Linden and JB before Christmas, the end of season Desjardins was fired.

just my opinion but I think Linden has the more protective, nurturing personality.. and would protect a Coach to an end rather than make one.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I do remember seeing some heated discussion in the rafters between Linden and JB before Christmas, the end of season Desjardins was fired.

just my opinion but I think Linden has the more protective, nurturing personality.. and would protect a Coach to an end rather than make one.

Who thought what or when is simply speculation,  but you mention his skating and I'd agree. I was amazed how quick he could reduce the gap on a winger coming down on him and end up crushing the guy against the boards. It was clear for every one to see. As a reference Gudbransons feet are heavy and sluggish. That takes light feet to do that and Tryamkin could do that. On the end boards he could overpower opponents simply due to his size and strength. There is no other candidate in the Vcr group that can do this. As to playing in the KHL, playing in a lessor league does not improve skills, being challenged does. To my way of thinking he needs a sponsor to explain what is expected of him, his life style, his diet, his conditioning. Goldobin has it with Larionov and Tryamkin could better himself with a respected advocate

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Fred65 said:

Who thought what or when is simply speculation,  but you mention his skating and I'd agree. I was amazed how quick he could reduce the gap on a winger coming down on him and end up crushing the guy against the boards. It was clear for every one to see. As a reference Gudbransons feet are heavy and sluggish. That takes light feet to do that and Tryamkin could do that. On the end boards he could overpower opponents simply due to his size and strength. There is no other candidate in the Vcr group that can do this. As to playing in the KHL, playing in a lessor league does not improve skills, being challenged does. To my way of thinking he needs a sponsor to explain what is expected of him, his life style, his diet, his conditioning. Goldobin has it with Larionov and Tryamkin could better himself with a respected advocate

I think his game (and it’s good) in the KHL might be plateauing,. Might thought process behind this is the size of the ice surface..

the bigger ice leaves playmaking almost telegraphic,. There is a predictability with so much room.

I do think that Tryamkins game here in NAmerica would take two steps forward,. he is too fast for it not to.. his gap coverage usually ends up punishing.

we saw that here.

• Upvote 1

The thing was, Tryamkin was already the most physical player on the Team.. I believe he was around 12 to 15th in league hits that season..

Tryamkin is not mean, but he is aggressive..

His offset to meanness, is his skating ability. That raises his potential offensively,. If the right Coach see’s that and works him into situations that develop it, the kid could get big points.

Eg.  Take the PP.. in the past NT has been used effectively on it in the KHL,.  right in front of the net.

but how about this set play revised? :  the PP, out of defensive zone,.  And the pass back to the speeding player to take into the offensive zone,.

how do you stop 6’7 260 going 50kmh?

you don’t.

Boeser left circle for a one timer

Hughes point

Petey Right 1/2 boards controlling

Try parked in front

Bo as the rover

That's one hell of a first PP

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2