Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

They’ll move Sutter in feb for a late first if he can be bubble wrapped and stay healthy. Law of averages says he’s due to have a healthy good season. Erickson won’t report to Utica and will void his contract imho. My bet is his agent is already talking to teams and trying to set that up. 

Sutter won't go anywhere if the Canucks are in a playoff race imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

NT is the wildcard/ Ace up JB's sleeve...drafted in the 3rd round, NT coming to play at year end with the Canucks to push for a playoff spot and then contend for the cup, and being a dominant force, steady dman will go a long way to seal an extension to JB's contract...

 

Tryamkin is a player that has the potential to be a game changer if he plays to his strengths, which it seems he does play to his strengths and uses his size effectively.

 

He just needs to add 20 pts per season and be a "+" player, just like all the other steady defensive stud dman that have won the cup.

 

Edler, Benn, Myers, OJ, Tanev, Stecher all have the ability to be "+" players...if they are "+" players, then we are in the playoffs...steady defensive dmen win hockey games, especially if the team has snipers up front, which the Canucks do.

Edited by Pete M
if I was in JB's position, then I would do everything to ensure NT is on the team roster by year end.
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2019 at 9:14 PM, 18W-40C-6W said:

They’ll move Sutter in feb for a late first if he can be bubble wrapped and stay healthy. Law of averages says he’s due to have a healthy good season. Erickson won’t report to Utica and will void his contract imho. My bet is his agent is already talking to teams and trying to set that up. 

Sutter will have to have a career year to attract a first with a strong draft expected. Better wrap his bubble wrap in foam and a level 99 force field and couple dozen crucifixes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2019 at 10:33 AM, Pete M said:

NT is the wildcard/ Ace up JB's sleeve...drafted in the 3rd round, NT coming to play at year end with the Canucks to push for a playoff spot and then contend for the cup, and being a dominant force, steady dman will go a long way to seal an extension to JB's contract...

 

Tryamkin is a player that has the potential to be a game changer if he plays to his strengths, which it seems he does play to his strengths and uses his size effectively.

 

He just needs to add 20 pts per season and be a "+" player, just like all the other steady defensive stud dman that have won the cup.

 

Edler, Benn, Myers, OJ, Tanev, Stecher all have the ability to be "+" players...if they are "+" players, then we are in the playoffs...steady defensive dmen win hockey games, especially if the team has snipers up front, which the Canucks do.

It took Chara five years in North America and at the age of 25-26 before he finally put it all together.  IMO, Tryamkin is a little behind on his development curve, but by the time he's back for a full season, I'm thinking (more like hoping, TBH) that he'll be producing at the rate that you're calling for.  I don't think Tryamkin is that far off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Tryamkin gets back and all our big D are finishing their checks. Home ice is going to very unwelcoming for our opponents.

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Avto played the first exhibition game of preseason in Czech Republic against Chomutov hockey club playing in Czech Extraliga. Avto played without most of its leaders and easily won 4-0. Tryamkin played, no points - this is all info I could get.

Cool, thanks Sterlitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2019 at 9:56 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

Sutter won't go anywhere if the Canucks are in a playoff race imo.

Yes because Sutter will probably be injured by mid-November

  • Hydration 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Sutter will have to have a career year to attract a first with a strong draft expected. Better wrap his bubble wrap in foam and a level 99 force field and couple dozen crucifixes.

Wouldn't be suprised if somehow Sutter gets injured in the pressbox while watching our boy Gaudz light it up in his spot

  • Hydration 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Wouldn't be suprised if somehow Sutter gets injured in the pressbox while watching our boy Gaudz light it up in his spot

Yup  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Wouldn't be suprised if somehow Sutter gets injured in the pressbox while watching our boy Gaudz light it up in his spot

Nice try. I mean, I get that you dislike Sutter but Gaudette won't even start with the Canucks. 

 

Gaudette was clearly not ready for 3rd line centre minutes in his time with the Canucks last year. He needs to go to Utica to work on his game. He isn't close to Sutter's level yet.....as silly as your comments are.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2019 at 5:28 AM, Kanukfanatic said:

Nice try. I mean, I get that you dislike Sutter but Gaudette won't even start with the Canucks. 

 

Gaudette was clearly not ready for 3rd line centre minutes in his time with the Canucks last year. He needs to go to Utica to work on his game. He isn't close to Sutter's level yet.....as silly as your comments are.

I do not see any difference do you? Matter of a fact...I would give the tie breaker to Adam...….

 

x  Adam Gaudette

8-19 Vancouver CanucksVancouver Canucks NHL   56 5 7 12 -8 18  

 

x Brandon Sutter

8-19 Vancouver CanucksVancouver Canucks NHL   26 4 2 6 -12 6

 

 

 

 

  • Hydration 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so looking forward to a Tryamkin return . Edler Myers Tryamkin with Benn and Tanev won't be the smallest "d " in the league anymore  . Hughes and/or Stecher should have plenty of room to freewheel [ I know thats 7 ] . Hope Tram is in better shape than when he started here before and is  more patient starting as a 6/7 defenceman under a new coach 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

I do not see any difference do you? Matter of a fact...I would give the tie breaker to Adam...….

 

x  Adam Gaudette

8-19 Vancouver CanucksVancouver Canucks NHL   56 5 7 12 -8 18  

 

x Brandon Sutter

8-19 Vancouver CanucksVancouver Canucks NHL   26 4 2 6 -12 6

 

 

 

 

Did you actually watch hockey?  Or just go get stats? I like stats...they can say whatever you want them to. Last year Gaudette had .21 ptspg and Sutter was similar. For many years Sutter had double that ptspg. What is your point exactly with the above stats?

 

Watching the games Gaudette simply looked very average and over matched a lot of the time.  I like him as a prospect but man some people around here have tried to build up some kind of narrative like he is already a bonafide 3rd line centre in the NHL.

 

The eye test sure didn't support that last year. Like many others, I hope he gets tons of time in all situations down in Utica and then comes up with confidence to continue to develop.

 

But good for you digging up stats. I will continue to watch the games.

 

And I really hope Gaudette becomes a strong 3rd line centre for the Canucks at some point. 

 

Edit: and all that is ok with me. Gaud has only ever played 61 NHL games so expecting him to just step in to a 3rd line Centre role at a strong level would be a bit premature. Hopefully by this hockey years end though he is back up.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In December 2017 the HWs came up with an article titled "Top 5 Third-Line Centres in the NHL". They noted the following as the best (I added their ppg in 2017):

 

Radek Faksa  .42 ptspg
Patrik Bergluna .46
Charlie Coyle .56
Adam Lowry .47
Nick Bonino .35

 

Gaudette (last year)  .21

 

Gaudette, if we want him to get to be known as a very good third line centre, has a long way to go points wise to get to that level. He was at .21 ptspg last year. Developing in Utica this year has no downside and we can hope he does develop further.

 

Comparing him to Sutter like you did points wise Janis, a guy most of us are fine with trading later in the year, serves no purpose. Sutter in his hay day, also had .41-.45 ptspg....double of what Gaud did last year.

 

Keep Sutter one more year to take the hard minutes without subjecting those minutes to Gaudette too early in his young career. Let Gaud get more confidence, while Sutter gets beat on by other teams strongest players.

 

It would be to everyone's benefit imo.

 

Now back to Tryamkin, I hope he comes over at year end and is good on our 3rd D pairing.  ::D

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I do not see any difference do you? Matter of a fact...I would give the tie breaker to Adam...….

 

x  Adam Gaudette

8-19 Vancouver CanucksVancouver Canucks NHL   56 5 7 12 -8 18  

 

x Brandon Sutter

8-19 Vancouver CanucksVancouver Canucks NHL   26 4 2 6 -12 6

 

 

 

 

Last season Sutter played most of his games with a hernia and then decided to shut him down. So I guess Gaudette put up the offensive numbers of a far less than 100% Sutter and I guess that means Gaudette is ready?

 

Sutter played half the games that Gaudette did and still took more faceoffs than AG and being just under 50% (normally above 50%) while Gaudette was a meager 40%. 

 

I have faith that Gaudette will become a better player, but he can grow with a season in Utica (hopefully a Kesler like improvement after the lockout season forcing him into a year in the AHL) and we have the depth now to give him some stability to develop.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2019 at 5:28 AM, Kanukfanatic said:

Nice try. I mean, I get that you dislike Sutter but Gaudette won't even start with the Canucks. 

 

Gaudette was clearly not ready for 3rd line centre minutes in his time with the Canucks last year. He needs to go to Utica to work on his game. He isn't close to Sutter's level yet.....as silly as your comments are.

Silly how so? Just like your insight?

 

The team is trying to keep Gaudette on the roster and trying to get rid of Sutter for a bag of pucks. Sutter was terrible last year when he played

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Last season Sutter played most of his games with a hernia and then decided to shut him down. So I guess Gaudette put up the offensive numbers of a far less than 100% Sutter and I guess that means Gaudette is ready?

 

Sutter played half the games that Gaudette did and still took more faceoffs than AG and being just under 50% (normally above 50%) while Gaudette was a meager 40%. 

 

I have faith that Gaudette will become a better player, but he can grow with a season in Utica (hopefully a Kesler like improvement after the lockout season forcing him into a year in the AHL) and we have the depth now to give him some stability to develop.

Every year its something different for Sutter, 2 seasons ago it was an abdominal strain or tear (something like that), last year hernia, theres always something wrong with him. The guy makes Tanev look like he's made out of iron.

 

Yes faceoffs are important, but overall play, was Sutter better than Gaudette?, no he was not. Gaudette kept up with the pace of the game, and he showed that can he drive SOME offence. Sutter when he played last year was a step behind on both ends of the rink.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Did you actually watch hockey?  Or just go get stats? I like stats...they can say whatever you want them to. Last year Gaudette had .21 ptspg and Sutter was similar. For many years Sutter had double that ptspg. What is your point exactly with the above stats?

 

Watching the games Gaudette simply looked very average and over matched a lot of the time.  I like him as a prospect but man some people around here have tried to build up some kind of narrative like he is already a bonafide 3rd line centre in the NHL.

 

The eye test sure didn't support that last year. Like many others, I hope he gets tons of time in all situations down in Utica and then comes up with confidence to continue to develop.

 

But good for you digging up stats. I will continue to watch the games.

 

And I really hope Gaudette becomes a strong 3rd line centre for the Canucks at some point. 

 

Edit: and all that is ok with me. Gaud has only ever played 61 NHL games so expecting him to just step in to a 3rd line Centre role at a strong level would be a bit premature. Hopefully by this hockey years end though he is back up.

So going by your eye test , was Sutter any better last season when he was healthy? Maybe you should get your eyes checked if you thought he was

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.